Cheap Gundam Models?

Cheap gundam models are generally crappy though. I'm not saying you need to drop 150 on a perfect grade like me but at least go for HG.

[quote name='oxidative']are you in the SF Bay Area? If so, there is a toy show in San Jose next week that should have lots of those on the cheap.[/quote]

wow, must be some lucky day today, cuz I live in San Jose.

Where can I get info on the show?

I'm not really hardcore gundam fan, in fact, I don't even watch the anime.
I just remember seeing a magazine my lil cousin had and I was like "OMG MUST GET!!" But they're pretty expensive.

I read that some models require painting and sanding and glue -_-, but if I can find the paint set and glue cheap also, it'll be a nice hobby over the summer.

http://gundamstoreandmore.com/ban70949.html
Is that one anygood? There are so many types like 1/100, 1/144 scaling and other crap too, so I dunno which ones to get... Cuz I don't wanna end up buy some action figure.

[quote name='abcme'][quote name='oxidative']are you in the SF Bay Area? If so, there is a toy show in San Jose next week that should have lots of those on the cheap.[/quote]

wow, must be some lucky day today, cuz I live in San Jose.

Where's can I get info on the show?

I'm not really hardcore gundam fan, in fact, I don't even watch the anime.
I just remember seeing a magazine my lil cousin had and I was like "OMG MUST GET!!" But they're pretty expensive.

I read that some models require painting and sanding and glue -_-, but if I can find the paint set and glue cheap also, it'll be a nice hobby over the summer.

http://gundamstoreandmore.com/ban70949.html
Is that one anygood? There are so many types like 1/100, 1/144 scaling and other crap too, so I dunno which ones to get... Cuz I don't wanna end up buy some action figure.[/quote]

Ok, I'll be happy to give you a breakdown of gundam models. There are three main scale types, 1/44, 1/100, 1/60. Now there are different categories of gundam models. There are standard kits. These are cheap and crappy, and will absolutely require paint and such.

Then there are better models. There are High Grade models which I believe are generally 1/144 mostly. These feature more detail and do not require much extra work, but paint and such could still be in the cards. Look on the box to see if it says HG or HGUC.

Then there are master grades. These come in large boxes. IMO, these are the best models. They run about 30 a pop but they are damn nice. Generally are 1/100 in size. These require little to no extra paint or such. These are pretty damn awesome.

Finally, there is the perfect grade. There are only a few perfect grades. These things are friggen' HUGE! Scale is 1/60 and require no extrra paint at all. These are perfect in every way. But damn expensive, expect to pay a couple hundred on certain models.

I hope this helped. Any questions, feel free to ask me.

Thx for the info Jrunt20x

[quote name='oxidative']San Jose Toy Show!

Ignore the freaky-ass Barbie on the right :?[/quote]

an auction o_O!!

*runs away*

o wait, there are gonna be vendors at tables with the stuff, ok ic.

[quote name='JSweeney']Don't forget the Gundam Markers.
Properly doing panel lines can be a bitch without these.[/quote]

How would I know where to put the details?

For cheap Gundam models go to the Frank and Sons collectible show which is in Puente Hills. They're open on Wednesdays 4-9pm and Saturdays 10-5. I've bought a few master grades and one perfect grade there.

[quote name='crazytalkx']For cheap Gundam models go to the Frank and Sons collectible show which is in Puente Hills. They're open on Wednesdays 4-9pm and Saturdays 10-5. I've bought a few master grades and one perfect grade there.[/quote]

don't seem to know where Puente Hills is at, I checked the map and it looks kinda far from where I live.

bread's done
Back