Cheap JP or Modded Slim PS2

bayushi

CAGiversary!
I am tempted to avoid the headache of having to mod my PS2 and maybe picking up the sexy ceramic white JP PS Two, but $45 for the mod hardware and discs vs. $219 for the hardware is a compelling argument. Any thoughts or hints?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-o-49-en-70-p0v.html

Also, I am a huge fan of the Avatar Tuner/Shin Megami Tensei series, but trying to find a deluxe box set of DDS 1 is a nightmare.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008KTRS/
Sellers on Ebay will gouge you for an incomplete poor quality box, UGH.

I also am interested in getting the White PSTwo. The only upside with a modded PS2 is you can play "back-up" discs. I personally have a growing collection of PS2 games but if you want to be able to rent/copy or download games illegally a modchip would be your best bet, but since you just want to play JP games I'd say go with the white PSTwo. It's cool looking and it makes you feel special knowing you have something not many other people do.

Now, if only I could find a PSX that would rule.

I had the same delema back a couple of months, mod my PS2 or get an import one. Well, I went with the import one, it was a good decision since shortly after I got it my US PS2 died on me. So now if there are any US games I want to play I just borrow my friends US PS2.

Only import if you plan to build a nice collection of imports, if you only want a handfull I would just mod your current PS2.

If you are in no hurry, you could always wait untill PS3 is released. JP PS2's should drop a little more by then. I may do that myself. I have not modded my system as I couldn't do it on my own and don't want to pay the $100 any local places may charge.

PS3 is going to be region free, for both games and movies. I suggest you wait until then

If you only want to play imports, the swap trick mod on a slim PS2 is very EASY, one of the tricks doesn't even require a purchased swap disc, just a US demo disc and your import game

[quote name='sarausagi']PS3 is going to be region free, for both games and movies. I suggest you wait until then

If you only want to play imports, the swap trick mod on a slim PS2 is very EASY, one of the tricks doesn't even require a purchased swap disc, just a US demo disc and your import game[/QUOTE]

Could you please post or PM me this info? It almost sounds too good to be true.

Unfortunately, it's been a while so no. I guess you could try ebay if you'd like. You might want to look into the swap magic things first.

bread's done
Back