Cheap Mac?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Where is the cheapest place to get a Mac? I'm wanting one but not wanting to pay all that scrilla. It doesn't need to be top of the line but I'm looking for one that can run the latest OS well. I'll use my PC for any big tasks.

On the apple store website, waaaaay down on the bottom right is Special Deals. Their deals on factory refurbs are really pretty decent and come with a warranty (get the applecare on top of it, it's worth the extra $$$). Beyond that you're looking at either straight up used or old stock, neither will come with a factory warranty.

what's the cheapest mac mini around? haven't really checked prices, as i see more people buying the portables, especially at universities.

Refurb is probably the best way to go. Apple never has sales and any reseller will have a discount of like $5 at the most. Macmall.com has some deals that come with it, check that out, but nothing great.

Then there's eBay and Craigslist but most likely it'll be past the 1 yr warranty, so that's a risk. I got myself a Mac Mini refurb for 460 on the Apple site.

Leopard is goin to be sweet :D

bread's done
Back