Cheap NES games in Montreal

dossantosc

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, does anyone know where i can get some decent CHEAP old skool Nintendo NES games in montreal?

im fed up of waiting for auctions on ebay and GameBuzz, GameZone, etc... all overprice their stock and expect chumps to come in and pay like $60 for Legend of Zelda or $40 for Dr.Mario...

i just want to know where i can get some NES games on the cheap...

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

I'm not sure about selection as of now, but there's L'En Jeux Jr in the east part of town. 6287 Sherbrooke east. It's between the metro Cadillac and Langelier. My friend owns the store and he's having a lot of financial trouble lately. For sure, if you ask the clerk to make a deal if you purchase a couple a games, they will do it.

L'enjeux is cool and they have bi-yearly swaps there. That's your best bet. Don't even bother with whatever they're called, I forget. Gamebuzz maybe. Or Gamezone in Verdun, fuck that place. Crazy overpriced.

However I thought that Enjeux went bankrupt over the summer.

[quote name='jeffx']
However I thought that Enjeux went bankrupt over the summer.[/QUOTE]

Came close, but with the help of the CCJVQ members, it got an extra month of rent. We shall see what the end of September brings, but it doesn't look good.

I found some cheap NES and SNES games in a pawnshop on Cote-des-Neiges last summer (not far from Plaza Cote-des-Neiges). There's also a cool pawnshop in Verdun, not far from Gamezone, where I got Final Fantasy II (SNES) for 15$ (cartridge only, though).

Let us know if you find anything good!

This place called EnJeux sounds like a decent bet! i may pass by later tonight!

as for Verdun, ya i've been to a couple of those pawn shops on Wellington. i was actually able to pick up a copy of Double Dragon for like $5...it needed a massive cleaning though!!! the connectors were all dirty!

Man i love Double Dragon! anyways...like i said i will prob pass by that place EnJeux tonight...hopefully they are still open when i get there...

any other places guys? i'll let you guys know if i find any hidden treasures!

cheers!

[quote name='dossantosc']This place called EnJeux sounds like a decent bet! i may pass by later tonight!

as for Verdun, ya i've been to a couple of those pawn shops on Wellington. i was actually able to pick up a copy of Double Dragon for like $5...it needed a massive cleaning though!!! the connectors were all dirty!

Man i love Double Dragon! anyways...like i said i will prob pass by that place EnJeux tonight...hopefully they are still open when i get there...

any other places guys? i'll let you guys know if i find any hidden treasures!

cheers![/QUOTE]

Call first, but I think they close at 9PM on Thursday. 514-256-4444

would you know if the place has been ran sacked or if they still have a decent stck of NES games...

i geuss i wouldn't want to drive all the way there and find out they only have like 10 copies of Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt left...lol...

im going to call them to find out when they close...

Ok so i went to L'En Jeux Jr. yesterday! The verdict....? A crappy excuse for a game store!

first off, they have a bunch of Cosplaying Douches at the counter that couldn't care less that i was in the store. They were to busy playing SSBB on the Wii. They also wanted to stiff me $50 for a copy of Zelda for the NES...

so much for cheap games...no wonder they are having financial troubles...the place looks like it will be out of business in a week or so...lol

i'll stick to the pawn shops i guess...i scored a SNES in mint condition yesterday for $20 + Super Star Wars!

now thats a deal!

harsh verdict. l'enjeux is like the last remaining privately owned game store in Montreal, if not all of Quebec. I appreciate when clerks leave you alone. Perhaps you WOULD enjoy Gamebuzz and their harassing clerks then.

don't get me wrong...i hate it too when clerks harass you and such...except they didnt even want to help me out when i wanted to take a look at the games that THEY are SELLING!

it is supposed to be a business right? besides, Gamebuzz is privately owned as well and there clerks dont harass, they help you out when you want to look at something...but i dont want to spend their crazy overpriced prices either...

i would have paid something like $15-$20 for the Zelda NES game...but $50? come on...thats like laughing in the customers face! like i said...i will prob stick the pawn shops...

well ... if ever you're in Nashville, Tennessee, I recommend THE GREAT ESCAPE. All of their NES games were under 10$, even the really rare ones. Montreal sucks for used game stores overall, you'll have to hit the pawnshops on Verdun's Wellington street or Montreal's Ontario street to get decent results.

100%!!! Ontario Street is where i scored the SNES yesterday!!! and i just picked up Super Metroid for $10 in mint condition!!!!

Verdun and Ontario Street are probably the places im going to stick with!

cheers guys!

bread's done
Back