Cheap Netflix?

mkelehan

CAGiversary!
With the NXE around the corner, I think my roommates and I are going to split a Netflix subscription. We're probably going to do the $9/month package, with one DVD at a time and infinite streaming. There are a million and a half free trial offers and half price for the first month offers, but is there any way to get it cheaply on a more permanent basis?

[quote name='mkelehan']With the NXE around the corner, I think my roommates and I are going to split a Netflix subscription. We're probably going to do the $9/month package, with one DVD at a time and infinite streaming. There are a million and a half free trial offers and half price for the first month offers, but is there any way to get it cheaply on a more permanent basis?[/quote]
When you say “roommates” it sounds like you have more than one.. so for the sake of things.. let’s say it’s three of you splitting a $9/month subscription. That’s $3 per person, and you want something cheaper than that? Wow…..

[quote name='cmart05']When you say “roommates” it sounds like you have more than one.. so for the sake of things.. let’s say it’s three of you splitting a $9/month subscription. That’s $3 per person, and you want something cheaper than that? Wow…..[/QUOTE]

I know. It's like I'm cheap or something.

That's a pretty good deal, considering it's $3. But the bad thing about that deal is it's only 1 DVD at a time and the online material is too limited. Do what I do, bunny ears and Blockbuster rape.

wow, yeah, cheaper than $3 a month? cut back on the mocha lattes or something, sheesh!

Netflix doesn't have any "deals" other than the one you just mentioned. The best deal is to send your DVD rental back the next day and you'll end up paying less for more content.

I doubt you'll find anything cheaper. One thing to consider, do you and your roommates always have the same movie tastes? I would bet the one who foots the credit card bill will probably more likely than get an upperhand in choosing the movies. I would consider opting for a bigger plan where you each can put a movie on the list so that it can be fair. But I digress...

[quote name='alekshy'] the online material is too limited. [/quote]
Really?? I've never found the online material to be too limited. Netflix has a better catalouge than Blockbuster Online and the both will have better catalouges than your local Blockbuster. There's only been a couple of obscure movies that I requested that always seem to stay on a "long wait" list.

If you mean the online material being limited as in the downloadable movies on Netflix. I'd have to agree with you there. But there's still a sufficient number of "good" or at least decent movies that are available to watch when you are in the mood for them.

It really surprises me that people don't get my wanting to find the cheapest deal possible. $9/month is $108/year, which is twice as much as Xbox Live, but when there are 12 month XBL cards for $40, nobody questions that.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']One thing to consider, do you and your roommates always have the same movie tastes?[/QUOTE]

Not always, but we aren't big movie watchers. We're more into TV and video games, and that's why one DVD at a time will be just fine for us. I literally can't remember the last time I rented a movie. We're mainly getting it for the online collection, which is decent now, but I think will only get bigger.

Maybe you can complain that because our country is capitalist they are charging you money, it should be free! :)

[quote name='mkelehan']It really surprises me that people don't get my wanting to find the cheapest deal possible. $9/month is $108/year, which is twice as much as Xbox Live, but when there are 12 month XBL cards for $40, nobody questions that.[/quote]

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='mkelehan']It really surprises me that people don't get my wanting to find the cheapest deal possible. $9/month is $108/year, which is twice as much as Xbox Live, but when there are 12 month XBL cards for $40, nobody questions that.

Not always, but we aren't big movie watchers. We're more into TV and video games, and that's why one DVD at a time will be just fine for us. I literally can't remember the last time I rented a movie. We're mainly getting it for the online collection, which is decent now, but I think will only get bigger.[/QUOTE]

A $1.25 per rental is cheap. I return 2 DVDs every week so it comes to around that price. What you're requesting is like asking how to get your Cable bill for cheaper. They don't "make" deals happen.

What's the plan I have. I don't complain about $9 month. If you want to get a deal on the first month and a half; use the free two week trail, then threaten to cancel and the usually throw a deal at you.

bread's done
Back