Bionic Commando (360/PS3) - 12.50
Afro Samurai (360/PS3) - 15.00
Chronicles of Riddick (360/PS3) - 15.00
End War (360/PS3) - 15.00
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (360/PS3) - 15.00
Section 8 (360) - 22.50
Wolfenstein (360/PS3) - 22.50
Rock Band 2 (360/PS3) - 25.00

Picked up Bionic Commando, Afro Samurai, and Transformers 2 for 360 today. Titles were all BRAND new (and cheaper than their used counterparts)

Credit to Supra7 of RFD's thread that popped up in my Twitter feed from http://twitter.com/supernetdeals

[quote name='Griptor']Wow that's pretty good.

Is Bionic Commando as bad as I hear? Is it not worth $12.50?[/QUOTE]

I know it got crappy reviews but I still hear Victor Lucas speaking favorably of it. So I figured I'd give it a try.

I'm not going to try it until I finish Mass Effect 2 ... just wouldn't be fair to play some crappy bargains until I finished an epic masterpiece :)

Most of those games are not worth the amount they're at.For example Bionic Commando,Afro Samurai,Chronicles of Riddick and Section 8 BTW TC:Endwars been $9.99 New at EB Games for a while so dont get fucked over by buying it from RP but thnx anyways fro the share OP :)

[quote name='TKO236']Most of those games are not worth the amount they're at.For example Bionic Commando,Afro Samurai,Chronicles of Riddick and Section 8 BTW TC:Endwars been $9.99 New at EB Games for a while so dont get fucked over by buying it from RP but thnx anyways fro the share OP :)[/QUOTE]

On gamestop.ca, all the games except EndWar are priced over $9.99, so are you wrong, or is the website wrong? I wouldn't mind getting Riddick for $10, but it's $30 new/$25 used on their website.

[quote name='game_fanatic']On gamestop.ca, all the games except EndWar are priced over $9.99, so are you wrong, or is the website wrong? I wouldn't mind getting Riddick for $10, but it's $30 new/$25 used on their website.[/QUOTE]

I think he just wrote it poorly. Probably meant that those games were not worth it at the RP prices & that you can get Endwar for $10 if you wanted to at EB.

Yes, his wording was a bit wonky. I believe he simply meant that EndWar was $10 at EB and was not commenting on the price of the other titles.

I think what he meant was that most of the games have been available for $10 or less at EB at some point in the past. During the Game Days promotion notably.

Now unless you own and operate your own time machine, the RP prices are likely the best current prices for those titles.

Ah alright, well I don't remember Riddick going on sale for $10 in the past, same with Wolfenstein and Rock Band 2. Guess I'll just keep an eye out, there's no need for me to capitalize on them now.

Went to Rogers today and seen a couple copies of Wolfenstein, Section 8, Transformers 2 and Afro Samurai - all for 360. PS3 stock was dead.

[quote name='Talus']Yes, his wording was a bit wonky. I believe he simply meant that EndWar was $10 at EB and was not commenting on the price of the other titles.[/QUOTE]

I should have made it more clear only in store was TC:Endwar $9.99,it has been for about 6 months I think.Riddick and Bionic Commnado has been $19.99 for about 3 months :)

Good prices all around for mostly mediocre games.

I bought Riddick at $20 and it was a great game for the dough because you get a re-done Escape from Butchers Bay and the new Dark Athena. Had a lot of fun with this one.

Also remember though too that you get 4 Rogers reward points on new game purchases with 20 points = $10 off anything.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Don't be a fool; wrap your tool![/QUOTE]

That's an awesome saying.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']I noticed that CAGers don't really like RFDers. Is there any particular reason ?[/QUOTE]

RFD's often hoard which is greatly frowned upon.

[quote name='telepathy']RFD's often hoard which is greatly frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

Dear Ann Landers,

Is it still considered hoarding if you're buying up copies of something that no one else in your area seems to want? i.e. The items are sitting on shelves day after day unless you come along to purchase them?

Thanks,
Nouveau-Riche-due-to-many-copies-of-one-remarkably-low-priced-game-with-a-very-high-TIV

Only a sucker would hoard these games. If they're not the same price everywhere else yet, they will be in a week or two.

I *get* hoarding Boxing Day doorcrashers for future trade-in fodder though, not that I condone it or would do it myself.

It's funny to always read about how CAGers are so much better than RFDers.

We all know that there are plenty of bad apples hoarders reading this site too... I guess the difference is that the whole barrel of RFDers gets painted that way (sometimes for good reason).

@Cube Daddy:
I recently flipped about 6 copies of Mushroom Men for significant trade-in profit at EB Games, buying each game from Zellers for $10 and then trading it for $26-24 credit. Not a twinge of guilt.

That said, I've been trading the same game all of last month. Even after posting the deal here and on other websites, nobody else was buying the game. Every 4 or 5 days I would buy and trade another copy. I would also drop a couple on top of the clearance pile each time in case anyone else thought it looked cool (apparently nobody did), and kept one copy for my collection.

Mushroom Men is a pretty solid title by the way! Not perfect, but lots of great art design and some fun ideas. Still recommend people check for clearance copies of their own.

My idea of hoarding? The guy I saw walking out of a game store at Christmas with as many copies of a sale game as he could carry, causing others who wanted to play the game miss out just so he can profit by reselling for an extra $8-10 apiece on craigslist. That's just assbaggery at work.

bread's done
Back