Cheap new Playstation 2?

SexyBeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey all. I'm starting to get Disc Read Errors with my original fat PS2, so I'm looking to replace it with a new one. Slimline would be fine. I just need something that'll play PS2 games. Where can I get one for the cheapest, brand new?

Or, better yet, anyone know how to fix DRE's?

I have one thats not brand new but in perfect condition. Nothing is wrong with it. Name a price.

I can try to fix it for you if you'd like... your best bet though would be to get a network adaptor, harddrive, and hd loader/advance and run all your games off the harddrive.

I'm still waiting for the silver PS2 to drop in price! One moment they were hard to find and then now their common! One thing I did notice is that the box for the silver PS2 has changed from the one similar to the black PS2 slim to more like the PSone's box with the buttons on the box instead.

I think Gamestop just pricedropped the PS2 slim used, if you're willing to go that route.

I did surgery on the PS2 earlier.. Cleaned it out. All four types of discs were working, so I put ti back together and sat down to play some Shadow of the Colossus.. no luck. Tried a normal silver PS2 game.. It worked. I think out of everything, PS1 games, PS2 silver games worked, but for some reason movies and blue disc PS2 games wouldn't. I'm gonna try and fix it again tomorrow.

[quote name='SexyBeast']I did surgery on the PS2 earlier.. Cleaned it out. All four types of discs were working, so I put ti back together and sat down to play some Shadow of the Colossus.. no luck. Tried a normal silver PS2 game.. It worked. I think out of everything, PS1 games, PS2 silver games worked, but for some reason movies and blue disc PS2 games wouldn't. I'm gonna try and fix it again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Black Disk PS1 games were the hardest one for mine to read. I suggest adjusting the lens position via the white knob with a PS1 black disk as your guide. If you get that to work all games *should* work. I also noticed that after I adjusted mine for the 4th time about once every couple of months, that when you moved it at all you had to be very careful as the slightest jarring would send the lens position back out of proper height.

I have an old launch PS2 that was gettings the DREs, but its been working fine ever since I opened it up and fixed it. I have a PS3 now, and I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling my PS2 on ebay if it decides to stop working again.

How much does the PS2 trade in for at EB/Gamestop? Also, do you need to provide a regular Sony PS2 controller with the trade-in, or will a 3rd party one (like the RetroCon) be suitable?

bread's done
Back