Cheap official Wii remotes?

arukasxsaku

CAGiversary!
Most of the cheap ones I see online seem to be generic, no name brand ones. Probably looking in the wrong places, but anyone know where to buy official Wiimotes at the cheapest price? Up to this day I still think the $40 price tag is ridiculous lol.

Sears clearance (sometimes even online) is your best chance, other than stores who still have clearance game/controller bundles. (Just make sure the bundles are the newer ones with Wii Motion Plus.)

[quote name='arukasxsaku']Most of the cheap ones I see online seem to be generic, no name brand ones. Probably looking in the wrong places, but anyone know where to buy official Wiimotes at the cheapest price? Up to this day I still think the $40 price tag is ridiculous lol.[/QUOTE]

Of course it's absurd, but I don't want to even think about how many millions they have sold, and continue to sell, at that price, so they have ZERO reason to drop it. When I was in Target a couple of times ago, someone was buying a Wii bundle (that's Wii, not Wii U). The clerk upsold them three wiimotes and three nunchucks as well. Why in the hell if you had that kind of scratch to drop, and not even know what you're buying, you would buy a Wii instead of a Wii U is the **** beyond me, but I guess my answer is in my question. The point being: don't expect a global price drop, um, ever. Using them on the new system, along with the Wiipad, was brilliant, at least from a marketing and sales stand point. I'm sure there are PLENTY of dumbasses that traded their wiimotes along with their wiis into gamestop only to then find out they had to rebuy them.

bread's done
Back