Cheap PSP games: Wipeout Pure $19.90 / Ghost in the Shell $10.90

thanks OP.

I would love to jump on that deal for that DS doctor game, but I would be guessing it would be hard to play without translation.

might want to point out Ghost in the Shell in the Chinese version. That doctor game does seems to be a bit hard if you dont know Japanese.

[quote name='C_A']Says that Ghost in the Shell has Japanese voices with English Subtitles.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere that you can make the game entirely in english. Not completely sure if its true, but I think it was on the IGN boards.

I hate the fact that Play-Asia is simultaneously raping my bank account and saving me ass loads of money.

Win/Lose situation though.

Picked up Ghost in the Shell for $14.00 with shipping, can't beat that price for a new PSP game. I just purchased Intelligent License from the last sale and It is a really great game.

Plus I had a little paypal balance to use anyway. Thanks OP

[quote name='rodeojones903']I read somewhere that you can make the game entirely in english. Not completely sure if its true, but I think it was on the IGN boards.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know if you can do this. If not, I'll just hold out for the American version.

Are they planning on releasing the Rockman game in the US? If not, is the game any good?

cool, I just ordered:

Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Territory of Hunter- $10.90
Sengoku Cannon: Sengoku Ace Episode III- $10.90

thanks for the original post!

[quote name='heavy liquid']I'd like to know if you can do this. If not, I'll just hold out for the American version.

Are they planning on releasing the Rockman game in the US? If not, is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

From what I hear Rockman is horrible, controls suck and it's HEAVY on Japanese Dialogue.

Ghost in the shell is a FPS...just grab the import and save 26.00 instead of waiting for the US version IF it even comes out.

[quote name='heavy liquid']I'd like to know if you can do this. If not, I'll just hold out for the American version.

Are they planning on releasing the Rockman game in the US? If not, is the game any good?[/QUOTE]

Rockman Dash 2 is exactly the same as Mega Man Legends 2. The control is a bit more wonky than the PSX version, but I guess if you love the game it might be worth $20. Also if you can read kana you can get through the game.

I did some quick research on Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta since I did remember seeing it on the EBGames website. According to the reviews I found the game is not import friendly, in other words it's in Japanese with no translation. And according to EBGames it will be coming out 11/15 but so far the price says 50 dollars :shock:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/520999.asp

After receiving my Intelligent License order recently, I decided to order those cheap games (Ghost/Sengoku). Any more info on them? Are they only in Japanese?

[quote name='C_A']Says that Ghost in the Shell has Japanese voices with English Subtitles.[/QUOTE]
the manuel is still in chinese. Wont be too hard to get around just it is probably importatnt to point this out.

[quote name='Cmosfm']From what I hear Rockman is horrible, controls suck and it's HEAVY on Japanese Dialogue.

Ghost in the shell is a FPS...just grab the import and save 26.00 instead of waiting for the US version IF it even comes out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Actually, the US version of GitS is already out. But it's $40, so I wasn't sure if the language trade-off was worth it. I think I'll wait for a price drop on the US version after all. Thanks, though.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']After receiving my Intelligent License order recently, I decided to order those cheap games (Ghost/Sengoku). Any more info on them? Are they only in Japanese?[/QUOTE]

guess I missed the sale on IL, how cheap was it sold for?

[quote name='crashpanda']I'm in for a copy of GITS. I hope the menus are also in English.[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that the in game menus is not in English.

[quote name='Quackzilla']Dang, the Chinese versions of those PSP games are worthless, which is a lucky break for import gamers![/QUOTE]

Why are they "worthless"?

[quote name='Cmosfm']Why are they "worthless"?[/QUOTE]
From a retail standpoint, most importers want the Japanese version, which kills sales of Asia or China version, thusly they are worth very little and the retailers they put them on clearance sales.

Therefore, we get cheap games. :)

[quote name='Quackzilla']From a retail standpoint, most importers want the Japanese version, which kills sales of Asia or China version, thusly they are worth very little and the retailers they put them on clearance sales.

Therefore, we get cheap games. :)[/QUOTE]

Good explanation. :D

[quote name='Quackzilla']From a retail standpoint, most importers want the Japanese version, which kills sales of Asia or China version, thusly they are worth very little and the retailers they put them on clearance sales.

Therefore, we get cheap games. :)[/QUOTE]

Ahh! I don't see how it makes a difference cause it's all moon language to me. ;)

[quote name='badboysean']is GITS a good game, anyone played through it already?[/QUOTE]

IGN gave it a 6.5 (of 10), Play gave it an 8.5 (of 10), and OPM gave it a 3.5 (of 5). There's also a pretty glowing review over at GameFAQs, but he seems to be a fan of the series. I tossed down the money after seeing those general reviews myself, mostly because I've been a fan of the original manga from way back, so if you're into the series I think it's a worthwhile investment. Gameplay footage looks pretty good as well, plenty of unlockable weapons, things like that.

Hmmm...Seburo automatics...I wonder if the weapons used in the game follow along Shirow's somewhat-detailed designs, manufacturers, and whatnot.

[quote name='Kapwanil']IGN gave it a 6.5 (of 10), Play gave it an 8.5 (of 10), and OPM gave it a 3.5 (of 5). There's also a pretty glowing review over at GameFAQs, but he seems to be a fan of the series. I tossed down the money after seeing those general reviews myself, mostly because I've been a fan of the original manga from way back, so if you're into the series I think it's a worthwhile investment. Gameplay footage looks pretty good as well, plenty of unlockable weapons, things like that.

Hmmm...Seburo automatics...I wonder if the weapons used in the game follow along Shirow's somewhat-detailed designs, manufacturers, and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

I personally hated the movie and the series, but I also hate DBZ and really liked Legacy of Goku on GBA so I figured, it's cheap, I'll give it a shot!

[quote name='Cmosfm']I personally hated the movie and the series, but I also hate DBZ and really liked Legacy of Goku on GBA so I figured, it's cheap, I'll give it a shot![/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with that! I found that a lot of games that were critically panned actually appealed to me, so whatever works. Even better if it's cheap, then it's easy to turn around for cost if you don't like it! ;D

[quote name='cleaver']Is there anyway these games will f up my firmware?[/QUOTE]

The firmware can be rolled back now, this is not even a worry anymore, I fail to see why people get all up in arms over it still.

bread's done
Back