Cheap Rechargeable AAA Batteries w/ Charger

WiiShopChannels

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Where am I able to get cheap Rechargeable AAA Batteries? I prefer it to be in a store rather than ordering online. I also need a charge to go with it. I need it for my wireless GameCube controllers I recently ordered. I need 6 batteries total, but I think I have 2 already from my house phone that are not in use, so I pretty muchly just need like a charger kit that comes with 4 batteries.

target has the energizer ones on clearance alot (they're green and black) it comes with the charger and either 4 AAs or 2 AAs & 2 AAA's

[quote name='shadowkast']target has the energizer ones on clearance alot (they're green and black) it comes with the charger and either 4 AAs or 2 AAs & 2 AAA's[/QUOTE]

do u perhaps know the price?

If you're going to get rechargeable batteries, be sure to get slow discharge NiMH batteries like Eneloop or Imedion. Trust me, you'll thank me. Standard rechargeable batteries lose their charge too quickly, so go with the slow disharge batteries.

Costco has the Eneloop package for $20. It comes with 8 AA's, 4 C Adapters, 4 D Adapters, Charging Cradle, and 2 AAA's. I picked up 2 sets and then ordered 2 4-pack of AAA's from Amazon for $10.17.

So for $62 and change I've got 16 AA's, 16 AAA's, 8 C & D adapters, and 2 wall chargers. I won't have to replace any batteries for a LONG time.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Costco has the Eneloop package for $20. It comes with 8 AA's, 4 C Adapters, 4 D Adapters, Charging Cradle, and 2 AAA's. I picked up 2 sets and then ordered 2 4-pack of AAA's from Amazon for $10.17.

So for $62 and change I've got 16 AA's, 16 AAA's, 8 C & D adapters, and 2 wall chargers. I won't have to replace any batteries for a LONG time.[/QUOTE]

This. The prices of the Eneloops fluctuate often on Amazon, just check it often and you'll snag a good deal. Like the above poster, I was able to snag the AAA's for about $9 shipped (with Prime of course).

A charger is a charger, right? I have the Energizer quick charger mentioned above, so if I bought Eneloops it would work just fine, am I correct?

[quote name='Redeema']A charger is a charger, right? I have the Energizer quick charger mentioned above, so if I bought Eneloops it would work just fine, am I correct?[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Rapid Chargers can dramatically reduce the life of the Eneloop but that's because they generally do not shut off once fully charged. It sounds like this also states it.

[quote name='Redeema']A charger is a charger, right? I have the Energizer quick charger mentioned above, so if I bought Eneloops it would work just fine, am I correct?[/QUOTE]

Sure, it would work fine, but you would be cutting the useful life of your batteries by using a quick charger.

blk00civicsi's link has got pretty much all of the basics down. Spend slightly more in the beginning to get slow-discharge NiMH batteries and a quality charger, and you will definitely have a better experience and save money in the long run.

I got a cheap (relatively) set of AAAs at my local Radio Shack. It came with a wall charger that can charge 4 batteries, but the package came with 8 total. Works wonders in my kid's baby monitor. If this is for gaming though, I do not know what kind of punishment the batteries can take. The price was like 25, and it was the Radio Shack brand (can't think of it at the moment).

I got some cheap ones from Walmart awhile back. I think it was the charger, 4 AAs and 4 AAAs for $16 or so. I use them all the time in my Wii, 360, and wireless PS2 controllers.

I've read a lot of good things about Eneloop batteries. As mentioned, Costco has them. There was a $10 off coupon floating around 2-3 months ago that came in the flyer Costco mails out to their members. Check that out if you can.

EDIT: Looks like Costco has the Eneloop battery kit for $19 after an instant coupon. This is a great deal. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=1327585&page=10

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Rayvec charger and 1 4 piece set of AAA and AA at Wal-Mart for about $20 total but ended up returning them within a week because it stopped charging the AAAs already.

I also have some Eneloops, and I highly recommend them. I use them in my Wiimotes. Sometimes I go long stretches without playing, and yet the Eneloops don't discharge over time like most rechargeables. They are perfect for pretty much any kind of remote control, or controller.
I think I got mine on ebay. It was the whole set, with charger and all. I paid around $30, for what's basically the same thing they sell at Cosco (don't have a store nearby).

Thanks for the answers, maybe I'll just buy some more Energizers or give those away and get an Eneloop set. Then again, I could buy a better charger. Oh the decisions.

pick up some rechargeables on ebay.. thats were i get all mine
sbiggrin.gif

go out and buy the good batteries and at least a decent smart charger. it'll save you money in the long run.

those quick chargers can overcharge your battery and shorten its lifespan. I got a duracell smart charger for pretty cheap, 10 bucks on clearance at target, though the batteries that came with it were crap. i have those energizers and eneloops and duracell pre-charge, the latter 2 works great. the energizers are crap.

i couldn't even find any of those rechargable energizer charger sets at the Target i went to today. going to another one later. i have a lot of targets right next to me.

still havent had any luck finding the batteries at Target. if anyone that lives in Houston finds it, plz tell me which store u found it at. i would really appreciate it. might go again to another one and see.

Do you not have a family member that has access to a Costco? Sounds like your making a lot of trips for a small set of batteries. Get the Eneloops you won't regret it.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Do you not have a family member that has access to a Costco? Sounds like your making a lot of trips for a small set of batteries. Get the Eneloops you won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

yea, i probably just should. i really only go to target when i pass by or perhaps someone in my family needs something.

Enerloops all the way for me. I've bought enough to cover everything I have on-hand, plus have enough extras.

I've picked up about six of the Costco packs, and they're a good deal. I do need to get a good smart charger, like the LaCrosse one mentioned earlier, so I can do some battery maintenance with troublesome batteries. The included charger will do the job, though.

I've had mixed results with the 360 rechargeable packs, as they don't seem to hold a charge too well over time, so I decided to go just deal with Enerloops instead. I've been much happier with them.

[quote name='shrike4242']Enerloops all the way for me. I've bought enough to cover everything I have on-hand, plus have enough extras.

I've picked up about six of the Costco packs, and they're a good deal. I do need to get a good smart charger, like the LaCrosse one mentioned earlier, so I can do some battery maintenance with troublesome batteries. The included charger will do the job, though.

I've had mixed results with the 360 rechargeable packs, as they don't seem to hold a charge too well over time, so I decided to go just deal with Enerloops instead. I've been much happier with them.[/QUOTE]

How do you do "battery maintenance"?

I need to make a Costco run this weekend, so I'll have to look for the Eneloops.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shieryda']How do you do "battery maintenance"?

I need to make a Costco run this weekend, so I'll have to look for the Eneloops.[/QUOTE]"Battery maintenance" as I termed it is when you discharge a battery down to dead dead and then trickle-charge it back up to full. Sometimes, when you have batteries that are questionable, if you run them through a discharge cycle and charge it back up again, you can recondition it back to usable status.

Only a "smart" charger like the LaCrosse BC9009 or the Maha C9000 can do stuff like this.

[quote name='shrike4242']"Battery maintenance" as I termed it is when you discharge a battery down to dead dead and then trickle-charge it back up to full. Sometimes, when you have batteries that are questionable, if you run them through a discharge cycle and charge it back up again, you can recondition it back to usable status.

Only a "smart" charger like the LaCrosse BC9009 or the Maha C9000 can do stuff like this.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured. I have that Lacrosse, so I should test out the Duracells that I think are junk.

Anything similar to that Lacrosse at All-battery.com? Only because I have a coupon code. If there is would it even be worth it, or is it just better to get the Lacrosse because it has such stellar reviews?

[quote name='Redeema']Anything similar to that Lacrosse at All-battery.com? Only because I have a coupon code. If there is would it even be worth it, or is it just better to get the Lacrosse because it has such stellar reviews?[/QUOTE]From what I've seen in the various spots on the Internet about smart battery chargers, it seems like it's between the LaCrosse and the Maha for the top choices.

I've got a Maha charger and it works well. I'm actually considering getting a higher-end charger that charges batteries individually and has an LCD screen that displays information about each battery.

Thanks Shrike, I think I'll do the Lacrosse then. I probably should be doing the maintenance thing to get my batteries up to snuff again.

I saw that Eneloop pack on Saturday at Costco. A pretty reasonable deal, but I was hoping that they'd sell the batteries separately. Got some in my cart on Amazon, so I'll probably get them this week. Added a 70 cent hdmi cable to get free shipping!

bread's done
Back