Cheap refurb PS3 80gb w/ Motorstorm USING M$ referrals

mcpeepants

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Tech 4 Less has refurb 80GB PS3's with Motorstorm for $412.49 at the moment

http://www.techforless.com/cgi-bin/tech4less/PS398004?id=GU7BEx8L&mv_pc=127

if you have a Xbox Live Diamond card and a Jellyfish account you can skim it down even further:

Log into the diamond site, click thru the Tech4Less 10% off link, add the system to your cart, open Jellyfish (http://jellyfish.live.com/shop) in a new window, search for the store (might be easier to search for PS3 controllers and just click their link on the list), and you'll get another 7% back FatWallet style off the discounted price

I got a new 40GB from them the other day for $350 after this method ($15 shipping, boo) - figured a deal like that I should probably finally go tri-system for the current gen, with Valkyria coming out in a few months...

(edit: didn't know the link button didn't add CAG referrals automatically, argh)

damn..i think i got the last 1 in my cart and the grand total after discounts and s/h is like $392. I want a ps3, and i am/was for the metal gear bundle. ive never bought anything refurbished, so i cant decide if i should pick this up or get a new bundle. any opinions would be helpful

[quote name='kearns710']damn..i think i got the last 1 in my cart and the grand total after discounts and s/h is like $392. I want a ps3, and i am/was for the metal gear bundle. ive never bought anything refurbished, so i cant decide if i should pick this up or get a new bundle. any opinions would be helpful[/quote]

sign up for the sony style card and grab the mgs4 bundle when it comes out for the price your gonna pay for this plus tax unless you get it off the web

[quote name='bruceg']IIRC yes there is generally a shipping fee, but somedays they offer 'free shipping' on everything.[/quote]

I think my shipping was $15 (ordered last month).

[quote name='mcpeepants']I got a new 40GB from them the other day for $350 after this method ($15 shipping, boo) - figured a deal like that I should probably finally go tri-system for the current gen, with Valkyria coming out in a few months...

(edit: didn't know the link button didn't add CAG referrals automatically, argh)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! Quite a nice deal. FYI though - it's quite likely that Valkyria will be ported to 360.

Off topic: Can an external hard drive, say 120Gb play Backwards compatible games? I plan on getting a 40gb once it goes down in price, then installing this hard drive I have.

[quote name='Shawn1150']Off topic: Can an external hard drive, say 120Gb play Backwards compatible games? I plan on getting a 40gb once it goes down in price, then installing this hard drive I have.[/QUOTE]

The 40 GB doesn't have backwards compatibility at all. How would you play backwards compatible games even if you upgrade the hard drive? Would it download the updates if it saw the larger drive or something?

[quote name='Shawn1150']Off topic: Can an external hard drive, say 120Gb play Backwards compatible games? I plan on getting a 40gb once it goes down in price, then installing this hard drive I have.[/quote]No, the 40 and 80GBs have different guts and the 40GB does not include any of the PS2 hardware on the motherboard.

[quote name='seanmcc']No, the 40 and 80GBs have different guts and the 40GB does not include any of the PS2 hardware on the motherboard.[/quote]

Neither does the 80GB. It's a software emulator. Only the 20GB and 60GB had the EE chip on the board.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Neither does the 80GB. It's a software emulator. Only the 20GB and 60GB had the EE chip on the board.[/QUOTE]

There are two chips that provide PS2 BC. The 80GB DOES have one of the chips and does the other in software. The 40GB has neither chip and that's why it (currently) cannot play any PS2 games.

I lucked out and snagged the last 60gb bundle at my local Costco back in March :D Thing has some serious dust on the box, and came with Talladega Nights :O

bread's done
Back