Cheap scale

hinkbert

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know where I can get a cheap scale to calculate shipping? For games and other forms of media it's pretty easy, but I want to sell some of my old action figures on Ebay and I don't want to overcharge, or especially undercharge for shipping.

[quote name='SadieDee']Doesn't Stamps.com give a free one when you sign up for a trial membership?[/quote]

I think your right, my brother was just telling me this. I think you have to stay signed up for at least a month.

RadioShack has a scale for $30 It's USB and will auto calculate shipping based on different shippers. (It takes you straight to their websites once it has the weight.)

just overcharge the shipping everyone else does

people usually factor shipping into their max bid anyways
it saves you money cause shipping isn't factored into ending value fees (or wtf ever ebay calls it)

i bought a belkin usb ethernet adapter from a power seller for $1.25 and lo and behold shipping was like $9 or $10. that's where the profits come from, and I think ebay only charges it ending fees on the $1.25. ebay doesn't like this, in fact i think its a violation, but it happens.

they just don't want you selling a rookie mickey mantle mint baseball card for $1 with $1000 for shipping...something ridiculous like that.

[quote name='gaelan']just overcharge the shipping everyone else does

people usually factor shipping into their max bid anyways
it saves you money cause shipping isn't factored into ending value fees (or wtf ever ebay calls it)

i bought a belkin usb ethernet adapter from a power seller for $1.25 and lo and behold shipping was like $9 or $10. that's where the profits come from, and I think ebay only charges it ending fees on the $1.25. ebay doesn't like this, in fact i think its a violation, but it happens.

they just don't want you selling a rookie mickey mantle mint baseball card for $1 with $1000 for shipping...something ridiculous like that.[/quote]
Well you can pay for good shipping or risk it getting damaged during shipping :p

Yeah the post offices around here suck and they barely ever have any supplies to purchase, although I got lucky once and bought a bunch of clearance $.20 bubble envelopes. Anyway the Radioshack one sounds to be worth investigating. When I went to Wal-mart before all I could find were cheap kitchen scales, but no more accurate ones for shipping things and such, plus all the kitchen ones only weighed things for up to 5 pounds. Thanks for the suggestions.

[quote name='hinkbert'] plus all the kitchen ones only weighed things for up to 5 pounds. Thanks for the suggestions.[/quote]

How heavy are these packages? The problem is that it's hard to find a cheap scale that is acurate from 1/10 pound to 20 pounds. The kitten scale might be your best bet or a cheap bathroom scale if the packages are around 10 pounds.

Some of them are kind of heavy because I going to sell some in huge lots that will probably weigh at least close to 10 pounds. Of course the other complication is that we don't have anything near an accurate bathroom scale in my house, in fact the only one we have has be close to 50 years old or older and it's way off. So I may just buy a new bathroom scale and kill two birds with one stone. But I do have one question, and excuse my ignorance, but what's a kitten scale?

[quote name='hinkbert']Some of them are kind of heavy because I going to sell some in huge lots that will probably weigh at least close to 10 pounds. Of course the other complication is that we don't have anything near an accurate bathroom scale in my house, in fact the only one we have has be close to 50 years old or older and it's way off. So I may just buy a new bathroom scale and kill two birds with one stone. But I do have one question, and excuse my ignorance, but what's a kitten scale?[/quote]

Duh, it's what you weigh a kitten with! :lol: Anyways, You can get digital bathroom scales for about $20 now if you don't need to know ounces or you could get a scale from ebay. I picked up a cheapy 25lb scale for about 30 bucks shipped that works fine.

bread's done
Back