Cheap SCII, Chaos Legion, and Mafia at TRU

bob_the_goon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Did a quick search and didn't see these anywhere. . .

My TRU has a neverending crap bin by the register. Newly added this week were Soul Calibur II for the PS2 for $5.98 (non GH version) and Mafia for the Xbox for $11.98. They also had one copy of Chaos Legion for $9.98.

The Mafia price was part of a price change list someone posted, but it never dropped at mine.. hopefully it's 11 now.

It's so funny.. all the hype of Summer '03 around SC2.. and now they're trying to get rid of it for five bucks.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']For 6 bucks I would pick up the PS2 version (already have the GCN version)[/quote]

Don't bother. You already have the better version of the two. The PS2 version is horrible when compared to the GCN/X-Box versions. It's like atari vs coleco.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='CaseyRyback']For 6 bucks I would pick up the PS2 version (already have the GCN version)[/quote]
Same here[/quote]

I also picked it up for cheap at TRU and after owning the other two versions (XBOX & GC) I didn't think the PS2 one was "horrible" at all (no need for the hyperbolic BS). For 6 bucks it definitely is a steal.

Here are the original prices of some games I've been buying at Toys R Us... please note this is before the use of the "godlike" coupon...

GC
Ribbit King $10
SSX Tricky $11

PS2
Red Faction $8
Resident Evil Code Veronica $8
Turok $6.50
Xenosaga $6
Fatal Frame 2 $15
Baldur's Gate $9
Hitman 2 $10
Devil May Cry $6.50
Soul Caliber $8.50
Blood Rayne $7.50
Siren $11
Chaos Legion $11
Beyond Good and Evil $7
XIII $7.50
Sphinx $11
Smuggler's Run $10
Backyard Wrestling $7
Maximo vs Army of Zin $7.50
R-Type Final $15

Xbox
Tenchu $7.50

I managed to score Bloodrayne for the XB at $7.48 and Mafia for $9.98.

Those good old .98 prices that are region/location specific.

Non-GH Soul Calibur 2 rang up for 19.99 at my Toys R Us (Chapel Hill Mall in NE Ohio) It's odd because they had about twenty of them.

[quote name='Zennousha']Non-GH Soul Calibur 2 rang up for 19.99 at my Toys R Us (Chapel Hill Mall in NE Ohio) It's odd because they had about twenty of them.[/quote]

and that'a why they have 20 of them :wink:

The YMMV aspect of this is amazing . . .

I would trade either Xenosaga (PS2) or Mafia (Xbox) for Castlevania LOI

just PM me

Bought Chaos Legion and Fatal Frame 2 tonight, $12.98 each, at one of those old "security booth" TRU's...clerk accidentally gave me the FF2 Director's Cut on Xbox, didn't notice until I left the store, and definitely didn't complain :)

bread's done
Back