Cheap Solution For Moving?

Schmackledorf

CAGiversary!
I need to find a way to transport an old 55" TV (by old, I mean it's CRT and weighs about 100-150 lbs.) and some couches from my parents house to my college apartment. One of my parents recently their job, so they said they probably won't be able to move them for me as they probably won't have the money. Now I'm getting the TV and couches for free from an older friend of mine, but he really wants to get them out of his garage soon so I can't sit around and wait until my parents get the funds to be able to move it all for me (plus I don't feel that would be right of me to do so). So anyone have a cheap solution for how I could move these? It'll be 400 miles round trip to do this.

The cheapest way would probably be if you knew somebody with a trailer or a truck and use that for transport, but I don't know how feasible that may be. Especially for the TV.

Actually, I disagree about U-Haul. I don't remember the exact price, but I remember a couple months ago getting a price estimate for a one way trip to a town in Indiana and I think it was something like $600 or so. Not exactly cheap. And I think it was something like a 500 mile trip give or take.

uhaul is no good because they charge for mileage. ur in a situation where you need a BIG favor from someone to do this and its gonna be hard to find someone. Not too mention the time that is spent on doing this. I advise you to sell your stuff and get some new stuff. Not the best way but its the easiest and there isn't much of a headache or planning involved.

estimated cost for uhaul for 1 day and 400 miles would be...close to 500..then you have to fill the tank again so thats like 100 more at least. those 2 things probly dont cost that much. If you can't find a free truck, just forget it.

If you're going to rent a truck...go with Budget. They're about half the price of U-Haul (and there's coupons everywhere). But yeah, I agree. Finding a friend/relative with a truck you could use would be far cheaper.

Again, a friend with a truck.

If not, Penske might be an option. They give 10% off if you reserve online. Unlimited mileage for a ONE-WAY trip only, so if you can get someone to drive to college with you in a separate car, then they could be your ride back home.

bread's done
Back