Cheap Tablet for Kids (5 y/o)

Npat12

CAGiversary!
I plan on getting my daughter a Tablet for my daughter for christmas. She is always on our Ipad 2 playing games and watching cartoons. I was wondering if you guys recommend any Tablets out there. There is 1 at Walmart that I have been researching. It is an off brand so really don't know if I trust it or not. It's $99 on sale.

Here is the info on it:

HKC LC07740 with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System, Black:

Technical Specifications:

• 1GHz processor
  • 1GB of system memory and 8GB on-board storage memory
  • 7" touchscreen, 800 x 480 resolution
  • Built-in WiFi
Additional Features:
  • Front webcam
  • Micro USB port
  • 8GB on-board storage memory, up to 32GB additional memory via microSD card slot
  • Up to 5 hours of run time on a full charge
  • Weighs 0.5 lbs; 4.75" x 7.55" x 0.375" dimensions
Software and Applications:
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS
  • Google Play (for applications
  • Gmail, Google Maps, YouTube, Google Books, Google+, Google Earth, Google Voice, Google Finance
  • Twitter, Facebook, AccuWeather
What's in the Box:
  • Tablet
  • AC adapter
  • Micro USB cable
  • In-ear headphones
  • Instruction manual
Thanks for any help guys.

I know this isn't helpful, and you won't, but get her a Leap Pad or something. 5 is too young to be addicted to electronics.

Tell her to go outside and play in the dirt. You know what us kids did before we had a electronic device glued to our hands 24/7.

[quote name='Nogib']Ask yourself this. Does a 5 year old need a tablet? No.[/QUOTE]

Ask yourself ths. Do you need a 360 or whatever it is you play in your mom's basement? No.

[quote name='Spanky']Tell her to go outside and play in the dirt. You know what us kids did before we had a electronic device glued to our hands 24/7.[/QUOTE]

Great idea. I'm sure she would have a great time playing in the dirt while sitting in the backseat on her way to grandma's.

I bought my kids the Nabi 2 for 164.99 @ BB. They are 4 and 6, and I ended up returning them because all they did was play games or watch Netflix. I'd rather play xbox with them or give them my phone for a short amount of time as opposed to having that money just sit there on 2 less than stellar tablets. Maybe having 2 kids is the issue :)

Side note: the battery life was bad, stated to last 5 hours but after a half hour or so of use and the rest of the day in sleep mode they were dead by the following morning.

Just get a new iPad for yourself and give her the iPad 2 for Christmas. ;)

Or get an iPad mini for her. I'd avoid android since you would have to repurchase all the content.

That seems like a decent tablet. Maybe I should take a trip to Walmart. The specifications seem better than my Asus EEE netbook.

I've been checking Big Lots. I haven't seen anything with those given specs for that $100 price.

bread's done
Back