Cheap wall mounts for TVs

I don't know about that one... Monoprice is probably one of the most reliable sites, in terms of product and service, I have ever bought from.

Why are you warning him that its going to fall off the wall? Did your monoprice wall mount fall off the wall? Do you have one?

Did you know the more you pay for HDMI cables the better picture you get...

:roll:
But that's only cables right. They are OEM so they can be cheaper. The wall mount is OEM and its cheaper. Just because you are used to paying more for a metal bracket doesn't mean its right. Its metal, in a shape to hold a tv. They should all be this price to begin with. Any accessories in store are always 4-5x above cost. You are just skipping that step of handing best buy extra cash.

40" LCD has been using the cheapest one and hanging there for about a year. Even through an earthquake... They are great. Enjoy.

You have a problem with Reading Comprehension, I never said it would fail...I said its something to consider. If I had a $500 TV, I wouldn't give a crap if it fell. If it was a $2500 TV, I'd probably skip the $30 mount and buy the $150 mount instead if only for peace of mind.

Mounts are all made of metal, but the quality of the metal, particularly of the parts that hinge the brackets together, are where you see cost cutting. Stamped versus forged steel for example...the quality of welds.....all of that makes a difference.

You can tell yourself that the $30 mount is the same as the $150 mount, but in many cases thats simply not true. Having said all that, I dont know about the Monoprice mounts.......its just something to consider if you can't afford to replace your TV if it fails.

I have one of the Monoprice mounts, and it's very solid. In an earthquake or hurricane/tornado, the wall and the TV may be destroyed but you can pick the mount out of the rubble and use it again later.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Just make sure your $1000 TV isn't crashing to the ground because of your $30 mount...[/QUOTE]

You want shots of my tv on one of their mounts?

My studding was the problem so I had to build a set of rails to mount the mount to (mouthfull there), but its solid as ever.

Monoprice all the way.

[quote name='HeadRusch']You have a problem with Reading Comprehension, I never said it would fail...[/quote]

I think you do buddy. I never said you were wrong. I just said I trust Monoprice.

Hey fun fact. Did you know a TV mount is actually a piece of metal you strap to your TV and hook into the wall?

Monoprice is fine... My TV is still standing and it's been through 3 earthquakes.

I buy cables from Monoprice, and switches too....just be careful what you trust your 50lb TV to.....

If you hung four babies from it, I'm sure it wouldn't fall. It's bolted into your wall.

for articulating mounts the peerless that costco sells for $90 is a steal IMO its rated to hold tvs up to 80lbs. which is pretty heavy.
out of the box it can mount anything up to vesa 200x200mm (usually 40" and under)
but an adapter can be bought for $20 that allows up to400x200mm which should cover most anything.

i need a cheap standard mount, and a couple cables. probably place a monoprice order. theyre nearly unbeatable for that type of stuff.

bread's done
Back