Cheap Wavebird and even Cheaper PS2/3 Component Cables

gigantor1313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I went in on Saturday and found a Gamecube Wavebird controller for $17 and PS2/3 Component Cables for $7.

Sorry about being such a tard, it TRU and its probably YMMV. How do I put this in the thread name?:cool:

[quote name='gobz']Can anyone confirm that this deal is nationwide and if it indeed works with the Wii?[/QUOTE]

TRU tends to be nationwide, but there's still a YMMV quality. Depends on the Wavebird itself - if the OP got lucky and found the super old packaged ones, then it would make sense to have it on sale. If it's a more recent platinum one, it might not be on sale.

Beyond that, yes, it works with the Wii. I have a huge FAQ in the forum, and I certainly addressed that. It's also in my sig.

I will go check my TRU soon, possibly during my lunch break.

The component cables have been cheap there for a while. There was a thread about it a few weeks ago.

I might have to try and get a wavebird to prepare for when I finally decide to get a gamecube.

[quote name='d00k']Dammit! I really wish I had checked Toys R Us for PS2 component cables before I went and spent $30 on some at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
The ps2 cables are $14 on toyrus's site. My TRU hasn't carried those cables for awhile, so I used a print of the site to pricematch at Circuit City a few months ago.

2 component questions:

1. Does the component cable work for the older (e.g. 35000-series) models of PS2, since they don't support progressive scan?
2. Does the PS2 & PS3 use the same component cables?

I ask because I have a PS2 hooked up via s-video and I'd like to switch to component like all of my other systems, but I don't want to waste money on cables if I'm just going to have to buy new ones for the PS3.

[quote name='escapekey']2 component questions:

1. Does the component cable work for the older (e.g. 35000-series) models of PS2, since they don't support progressive scan?

I ask because I have a PS2 hooked up via s-video and I'd like to switch to component like all of my other systems, but I don't want to waste money on cables if I'm just going to have to buy new ones for the PS3.[/quote]
Since when does the older model PS2 not support progressive scan?? I'm pretty sure PS3 can use the same component cable.

HAHAHA. i just ordered component cables fro Play-asia and they're backordered. I'll have to stop there tonight and see if I can find them. If I can, then I'll cancel my play-asia order.

How do you get the component cables to work on ps3 then? My friend brought over his ps3 so we could watch Babel(which i got for $5 thx to CAG) but my ps2 monster cables wouldnt work on it. Those same cables on the ps2 worked perfectly. what gives?

[quote name='Weedy649']How do you get the component cables to work on ps3 then? My friend brought over his ps3 so we could watch Babel(which i got for $5 thx to CAG) but my ps2 monster cables wouldnt work on it. Those same cables on the ps2 worked perfectly. what gives?[/QUOTE]

you have to tell the ps3 to switch over video to component. I had this problem when using my hdmi cable. you basically have to have your original composite cables and component hooked up to do the switch. go into video prefs and switch it, same for audio.

On a simlar component cable note, the current PS3 Sony Branded Component cables (the ones in the black PS3 packaging) are backward compatable and it work great on my old fat PS2....and at $20 are one of the few "reasonably" priced PS3 accessories.

[quote name='I-heart-fatwallet']Awesome. Ill make sure fatwallet gets updated ASAP![/quote]

Are really a FW fan or are you just bad at sarcasim?

[quote name='equest943']I'm pretty sure he really loves fatwallet. He's posted like this before.[/quote]

So why don't we ban him/her?

[quote name='escapekey']2 component questions:

I ask because I have a PS2 hooked up via s-video and I'd like to switch to component like all of my other systems, but I don't want to waste money on cables if I'm just going to have to buy new ones for the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Yes and Yes

34.99 here all platinum

That TRU logo
icontoysrus_r1.gif
is TINY, could you add

TRU and YMMV to the title please OP.

my store didnt have the cables. but i got them from tru.com signed up for google checkout and only paid 11.06 shipped. thanks

bread's done
Back