CHEAP xbox

[quote name='karmapolice620']the 120 for an xbox and 3 games at gamestop.com[/quote]

yea, I saw that and thats leading the charge. Id really like getting it at a lesser price without those games.
Im not interested in morrowwind and I have the other two.
But thats what GC charges for their used by itself anyway.
thanks for the reply though.

some people have had luck with them but my advice is to buy a new one with a warranty. I have had two Xbox's break (both would destroy games and the second one was starting to make a wierd grinding noise)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']some people have had luck with them but my advice is to buy a new one with a warranty. I have had two Xbox's break (both would destroy games and the second one was starting to make a wierd grinding noise)[/quote]

any opinions on the refurb'd xboxes?

i also have a refurbished xbox. its about a year old and still works well. it has problems reading a game or two, but it could be the game, and the fact that it has probably taken a beating on the many airplanes its been on.
--Shadd

[quote name='paz9x']
any opinions on the refurb'd xboxes?[/quote]

The ones that you get that are "refurbished" at EBGames and Gamestop aren't actually touched at all. Their "refurbishing" is turning the system on to see if it powers up. That's it. That's a refurbished unit. I had to return THREE used systems before I gave up and just bought a new one.

you are wrong...because thats illegal...the ones you trade in the stores are turned around and sold as USED the ones the company gets (the headquaters) the send em to the company and get them checked out and therefor are refurbished...you had a bad run thats all...i got a ref. one at gamestop and it ran strong for 2 or 3 years and finally crapped out...I have a new one now that plays cd-r's and works fine...

It's not illegal there bud. Read the fine print. It says "Refurbished by EBGames or Refurbished by Gamestop" right on the box, not "Refurbished by Microsoft". There are factory refurbished and just refurbished. The only thing you have to do to sell something by law as a refurb is to say someone tested it (which turning the console on and seeing if it has power is allowable) and to attach some sort of warranty, hence the 30 days from both places. Trust me, I know this.

There's a difference, see?

Factory Refurb: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/218195.asp

In House "Refurb": http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/520363.asp

bread's done
Back