Cheapass deals on puzzle games for GBA?

Hodaka

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure how many of these types of games are out there, but I'd like to pick up some cheapass puzzle type games like bejeweled, alchemy, tetris, etc. I also like some card games (solitaire, poker, blackjack) and things like chess, mahjongg, yahtzee, etc. Simple games to blow some time with..

So, if someone knows of any games like this for the GBA that I can get pretty cheapass, let me know. I don't care if they're clones of the real games or not, as long as they play the same. :)

Chu Chu Rocket,
It's Mr. Pants
Puyo Pop
If you want, I've got Columns Crown for trade.
There is some collection of card games that's supposed to be rather good
And of course a dozen virtual CCG games, pokemon, yugioh, etc.

Any other good ones?

Don't bother with tetris worlds.

I'll look at those.. I've heard those names mentioned here before, but didn't really know what kind of games they were..

I don't really have anything to do trading with since I just recently got my new SP and love it..

trades don't have to be for the same system, you know.

good that you have an SP, some puzzle games are almost unplayable on a normal GBA color.

I'd also recommend:
Denki Blocks, which can be most easily found at TRU these days, and I think Super Bust-A-Move is on GBA as well. I've got both of them, I just can't remember which freakin' installment of Bust-A-Move it is. :lol:

Ultimate Card Games or something or other was very highly rated and critically acclaimed by all. I don't know if it can be found at a CAG price though, but maybe it may be worth the price as I've heard many great accolades about it.

Dr. Mario is also a puzzle game but for a few dollars more (or less? you can buy wario ware, which has a practically identical unlockable game.

Super Puzzle Fighter II - I don't think it's easy to find below retail (or at all any more?)

Then there are the bad tetris/columns clones: rampage puzzle attack, wacky stackers, super bubble pop.

Snood - is that a puzzle bobble clone?

Bookworm and super collapse 2 - you've played them on the PC.

Egg mania - is that any fun?

Zoo cube - I didn't like it, some did.

Ultimate Brain Games - Chess, Checkers, Backgammon, Dominos, Reversi, "Sink Ships". "Four-in-a-row", Mahjongg.

excellent.. doesn't look like a lot of known cheapass prices, but now that I have some names to research, maybe i'll find some on my own.. if i find some awesome deals I'll post them back here :)

I tried to get some puzzle games for the GBA before, like Puyo Pop and Book Worm. They were a little too expensive. I recommend getting some puzzle games for the GB/GBC instead.

I have (in order of most recommend to least):

Pokemon Puzzle - $5.99 (EB.com, OoS right now)
Kirby Star Stacker - $9.99 (EB.com, OoS right now)
Tetris - $7.99 (EB.com, OoS right now)
Bust a Move Millenium - $5.99 (EB.com, OoS right now).

I highly recommend Pokemon Puzzle (even if you aren't a pokemon fan, I'm not one either, it's still a great game). Kirby's Star Stacker is fun too. Tetris is just like Tetris...and Bust-A-Move doesn't have a battery save.

If you are looking for a puzzle game strictly for the GBA, get Wario Ware. It has Dr. Mario (Wario) included, it's the best game I have for the system. You can play 3 multiplayer games with just one GBA (one person takes the left shoulder button and the other uses the right). FUN!

bread's done
Back