Cheapass heaven: Hastings - Trade 3, get one free.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
There's absolutely no exclusions to this deal.. OTHER than the CD's not be FUBAR'ed and no sports titles unless it's this year (though they did accept an '03 Fifa).

So I met up with Guessed today and we hit up Hastings.. and he was prepared. I mean I kid you not he had stacks and stacks and stacks of games. So we bring in the first stack: 24 games. Titles such as Wakeboarding Unleashed, Jet Grind Radio Future, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX, and several other titles like this - and got games free. He traded in 24 copies of those games and walked out with Ninja Gaiden, 2 Chronicles of Riddick, (One of which he gave to me.. I can't thank him enough), Psi-Ops, Megaman Anniversary Collection, Fatal Frame 2 on PS2, Jak 2, Jet Li: Rise to Honor.. ah crap what else.. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Fight Night '04.. and a whole ton of others. I traded in Legends of Wrestline 1, Parappa The Rapper 2, and UFC Tapout 1 on XBox and got Full Spectrum Warrior for free.

So then we head on down to Rhino, and it turns out, if you trade in two games that are worth at least $12, you can get one free. So he traded in 8 games, such as 1080 Avalanche and a few others, and walked out with.. prepaid in full's on Fable and Sudeki, Tales of Symphonia, and he let me get a free copy of Psi-Ops, to which, again, I cannot thank him enough.

So if you've got extra games, find a Rhino or Hastings and head down. After all, you can't beat a "Trade in 3 Jet Set Radio Futures, and get Chronicles of Riddick" deal.

Hastings are only in small towns, right? Any idea how long this deal is going on (or if it applies at all locations?)

Thanks!

I live in Nashville and I know you do too...mainly because I know guessed does...But I was wondering where is this place?...I would love to know!

One more question: what systems does the trade-in have to be from? In other words, can it be, say, a PSOne game? Or must it be Xbox,PS2,Gcube?

Thanks again,
Archaic

Archaic - YMMV. It's whatever the system takes. I personally did two PS2 games and an XBox game for an XBox game, but now, after I did that, they're saying it must be for the same system.. so.. hit or miss, and depends on who's working, I guess.

Maximum value of new CD: $18.98
Maximum value of new DVD: $29.99
Maximum value of new game: $49.99 (so I couldn't have gotten either of the new Arc the Lad Collections they had, even if I had brought ps1 games).

$49.99 is also the max value of the new title for the Rhino deal, but as stated, they allowed it on preorders (they only take pre-orders for a very limited selection of games, though).

These two deals more than make up for not having Gamerushes, and having only crappy Blockbusters.

According to the guy at Hastings, when this deal ends, they will switch to doing 4 for 1 trade ins, implying that 4 for 1 is the norm for them. I had no idea. I may have to start going there more often. Definitely worth the half tank of gas I used.

Thanks for the headsup, Scorch.

I'm going to trade in three $4.99 CC games for Disgaea. Not quite as good as getting it for $4.99 straight up, but I'll take it for $15. :)

[quote name='trustcompany1013']so...uh....guessed....when do you wanna go shopping with me?[/quote]

Sorry, I don't make it to MD very often.

Well...the closest one to me is in Lawrence, Kansas...but I think it might just be worth the trip. I have a bunch of games I haven't even touched from the CC deal and the Best Buy deal and whatever else...so this could work out. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh...and any idea how long this is going for?

Man... i don't think I can make a 10 hour trip to a gaming store... I thought the gamerush deal was ludicrous when i heard it (trade in 2, get one 9.99) but this is just downright silly.

Oh...and on the DVD trade-in...say...I traded in 3 DVDs and wanted to get South Park Season 4...which is 35...now if the maximum trade-in value is 30...could I just pay the difference?

And do you know of any DVD restrictions?

[quote name='bowsernieb']Oh...and on the DVD trade-in...say...I traded in 3 DVDs and wanted to get South Park Season 4...which is 35...now if the maximum trade-in value is 30...could I just pay the difference?

And do you know of any DVD restrictions?[/quote]

Dunno. Call them and ask.

They are new games...So trade in three crappy used games and get a new 50 dollar one...I dont see a better deal anywhere...not even CC

[quote name='Scorch']Did you find anything at the Gamecrazy or gametrader? Or Target?[/quote]

Gamecrazy: No. They had a copy of Gauntlet (GC), but it was kinda scratched up.

Target: No. They had a few clearance games, nothing interesting or cheap enough to remember. They did have a decent deal on Gatorade, 12 20oz. for $6.44. I got red.

Gametrader: Sucked. I did pick up Record of Lodoss War (DC), and Gauntlet (GC, not as hard to find as I thought, I guess), but I didn't trade any games in. I tried to trade, but the guy took my games, went through them with a calculator, pulling numbers out of his head I guess, and gave me total of about $60 (probably about 15 games). I asked if he would tell me the individual prices, and he said no. I should have just walked away, but I decided to buy anyway. After trying twice to run my credit card (handing it back, I put it in my pocket, wait a minute, find out the line was busy, rinse, repeat) I just paid cash (although I did trade in a few penny guides for $1 each. Probably shouldn't have). I probably won't bother going back there when I am in Murfreesboro again.

TRU: I picked up 4 DC games (and you said they had nothing left, lol). Typing of the Dead (the reason I went in the first place, to go with the keyboard I picked up from Rhino), Mr. Driller, Space Channel 5, and, god help me, Seventh Cross: Evolution. The total with tax came to $16.42. Murfreesboro, it seems, has a .5% city tax tacked on to the 9.25% state tax.

EB: Star Wars Episode 1 racer (N64) for $2.00. I had picked out 3 N64 games to get the console, but they were out of consoles, so I didn't get them. Oh well.

SoundShop: You were right, it sucked. The flyer listed Rise to Honor as on sale for both $39.99 and $19.99. I didn't push it, since I had just picked it up in the Hastings deal.

Sears: Your Sears is even worse than the Nashville Sears stores with regards to videogames.

goldengraham: With the Gamerush deal, one got the trade in credit in adition to the deal, so, depending on the credit, it could work out better than this deal or worse (e.g. trade in 2 games worth a total of $20 credit at GR, get a new game and $10 in credit). The Hastings and Rhino deals work out better for me, though, since they require only a half tank of gas instead of 2 tanks.

Sorry for the bad finds. GameTrader guys smell.. uh.. funny. Like, seriously. Anyways, glad you found typing of the dead.

The 9.75% sales tax is something that they said they would take away in Jan. 03.. they still haven't.

ya gametrader does smell funny lol. does anyone know if the hastings promo excludes pre orders because there aren't any games i want that bad right now

[quote name='bowsernieb']Oh...and on the DVD trade-in...say...I traded in 3 DVDs and wanted to get South Park Season 4...which is 35...now if the maximum trade-in value is 30...could I just pay the difference?

And do you know of any DVD restrictions?[/quote]

The dvd value on trades is only up to 29.99. There is also no trades on box sets even something small like the upcoming Sealab 2021 set counts as a box set even though it costs 24.99. Kinda lame. I work at one so I know all this. They do have a sweet employee discount though 50% off of all used video games, dvds, and cds.

Man this is great I really want to get in on this can anyone help me figure out what the closest of these places to Blacksburg, VA is? Also what is the website for the rhino store

Also where is the best place to buy the games to trade in, maybe its just here but our gamestop never really has that cheap of used games

[quote name='Masterkyo']Darn! 52 miles driving kinda pain :([/quote]

52 miles is nothing, and if you have a bunch of old worthless stuff to trade, it is well worth the trip/time/gas. I'd call first, just to be 100% certain they are running the deal at that location, though.

Well, the copy of Disgaea that had been at my Hastings since release was gone, but I did manage this:

PS2 Robin Hood Defender
PS2 Terminator Dawn of Fate
PS2 Stuntman
for
PS2 Front Mission 4

PS2 NCAA Gamebreaker 2004
PS2 NHL Hitz Pro
PS2 ESPN Hockey 2k4
for
PS2 Fatal Frame 2

PS2 ATV Offroad Fury 2
PS2 Gladiator
PS2 Mace Griffin
for
PS2 Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX

Xbox Batman Dark Tomorrow
Xbox Batman Rise of Sin Tzu
Xbox Drake
for
Xbox Metal Slug 3

GCN Minority Report
GCN Reign of Fire
GCN Tony Hawk 3
for
GCN Mario Kart Double Dash

The only game I took that they rejected was Blowout for PS2. They also made me trade 3 games for one system (3 PS2 games for 1 PS2 game). I couldn't mix-match. That wasn't a problem, though.

Thanks again OP!

This deal made my day...I called this morning to confirm it, went by, and lo and behold, I saw a lone copy of Disgaea staring back at me...so I ran to CC (the stores are about a mile from each other), bought three games, and traded them in for Disgaea...which seems to be the one and only copy to be found in this town.

Big thanks go out to Scorch for posting this (I realized upon going in that there's a huge banner outside, but I never go by Hastings any more)...I think I may go preorder GTA:San Andreas...does anybody else remember off the top of their head what other preorders they offer?

[quote name='Scorch']They took your Stuntman? They wouldn't take my Stuntman.. Weird..[/quote]

Yeah, that one & Tony Hawk 3 suprised me. I had backups in case those fell through, but luckily Blowout was the only one they rejected.

Well, enjoy the deal. Guessed hooked me up with Riddick and Psi-Ops, and I used the deal to get Full Spectrum Warrior.. already had Spidey 2 and Driv3r.. there's no new games I want! Holy crap :(

By the way, apparently, the deal is normally 4 for 1. I never knew this. I will probably take advantage of this in the future.

Well shit, this is just perfect; three crappy PS2 games, and not a new one I want.

So, there's no way to "mix" these deals? 3 PS2 games for a CD, or something to that degree? It's out of the question, but I'd love it if I could trade in THPS4, Freaky Flyers, and BloodRayne for a Logitech Cordless Action controller. High hopes, high hopes...

They wouldn't take my Mojo at my hastings, ergo I couldn't get NCAA Football 2005. Lets see if they'll take Haven!

[quote name='bowsernieb']Well...the closest one to me is in Lawrence, Kansas...but I think it might just be worth the trip. I have a bunch of games I haven't even touched from the CC deal and the Best Buy deal and whatever else...so this could work out. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh...and any idea how long this is going for?[/quote]

I was at the Lawrence Store this afternoon, lots of choices, 3 full cases and spill-over onto a few racks

I got:

Ps2 Vexx
Virtua Fighter 4
Summoner
for Onimusha 3

MDK2 Armageddon
Armored Core 2
Smuggler's Run
for 007 Everything or Nothing

Also what we should mention is another deal Hastings has:
-Socom 2
-PS2 Medal of Honor: Rising Sun,
-XBX Counter-Strike
=$9.99 each used

It's possible can you Trade-in 3 games toward Pre-order Halo 2, Fable.........then ask them SHIPPED it to you instead pickup cuz i don't want to drive 52 miles X 2 again over again !! :)

[quote name='Scorch']It does apply to all locations, and it's only going until the end of July.

Store locater -- http://www.gohastings.com/About/stores.asp

Karmapolice - Here in Murfreesboro.[/quote]

That's great! There's one in Lawrence, I'm going there on the 28 and the 29 8)

I may yet be in on this deal - it's a shame there aren't any similar deals with stores that are nearby :cry:

bread's done
Back