Cheapass heaven: Hastings - Trade 3, get one free.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
There's absolutely no exclusions to this deal.. OTHER than the CD's not be FUBAR'ed and no sports titles unless it's this year (though they did accept an '03 Fifa).

So I met up with Guessed today and we hit up Hastings.. and he was prepared. I mean I kid you not he had stacks and stacks and stacks of games. So we bring in the first stack: 24 games. Titles such as Wakeboarding Unleashed, Jet Grind Radio Future, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX, and several other titles like this - and got games free. He traded in 24 copies of those games and walked out with Ninja Gaiden, 2 Chronicles of Riddick, (One of which he gave to me.. I can't thank him enough), Psi-Ops, Megaman Anniversary Collection, Fatal Frame 2 on PS2, Jak 2, Jet Li: Rise to Honor.. ah crap what else.. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Fight Night '04.. and a whole ton of others. I traded in Legends of Wrestline 1, Parappa The Rapper 2, and UFC Tapout 1 on XBox and got Full Spectrum Warrior for free.

So then we head on down to Rhino, and it turns out, if you trade in two games that are worth at least $12, you can get one free. So he traded in 8 games, such as 1080 Avalanche and a few others, and walked out with.. prepaid in full's on Fable and Sudeki, Tales of Symphonia, and he let me get a free copy of Psi-Ops, to which, again, I cannot thank him enough.

So if you've got extra games, find a Rhino or Hastings and head down. After all, you can't beat a "Trade in 3 Jet Set Radio Futures, and get Chronicles of Riddick" deal.

Galveston, TX took the following in exchange for a brand new copy of Tales of Symphonia: Eternal Ring, Aggressive Inline, and Tony Hawk 3 (all $4.99 from CC). He said it would've come out to $7 store credit, but the system let him use it for the special deal.

Anyway, the Galveston store doesn't have much to offer. They were out of Spider-man 2 on Xbox. Lucky, I suppose, since it made my decision to get Tales much easier.

[quote name='Masterkyo']It's possible can you Trade-in 3 games toward Pre-order Halo 2, Fable.........then ask them SHIPPED it to you instead pickup cuz i don't want to drive 52 miles X 2 again over again !! :)[/quote]

Can't do it towards preorders.. pretty sure. My store didn't let me, anyways.

I saw the CS for $9, but I didn't see Rising Sun. They had Everything or Nothing on XBox used for $19, though, and they've had it for a while. They also had ESPN NFL Football used for $9.

There is NO GameRush nor Hastings in southern California!!! What should I do with all the RoadKills that I got from Circuit City? :roll:

By the way, is Rhino's website www.rhino.com? I don't see a store locator at that site though.

[quote name='Garfield']There is NO GameRush nor Hastings in southern California!!! What should I do with all the RoadKills that I got from Circuit City? :roll:

By the way, is Rhino's website www.rhino.com? I don't see a store locator at that site though.[/quote]

www.rhinovideogames.com but they are a southeastern chain, nothing even close to Cali.

I normally don't trade in games, for I see it as a loss, but seeing as I didn't really touch these games anymore, I didn't see a problem with it! Maybe it also helped there was a store less than a mile away from me. I guess there is a good thing about living in a small place like Denton, TX! :D

I axed Extermination, Grand Theft Auto 3, and Gungrave for Disgaea. Only game that was ever paid for at full price was Extermination - the others were cheapies from a year or so ago. Ah well, they still had another copy of Disgaea left. This store was for same format only (3 PS2 games for 1 PS2 game).

Thanks for posting this - I wouldn't have even thought about this if it weren't mentioned! :wink:

GHardin,

I'm a Fort Worth native, but I made the half-hour drive to your Denton store...not bad! I too traded Extermination, as well as Project Eden and Spy Hunter for Spiderman 2. I also did three crappy X-box games for Ninja Gaiden...

Did you find the people at that Hastings to be as slow and unfriendly as I did? They acted like my coming in to do their advertised deal was a huge imposition, and I waited in the store for almost 30 minutes while the fat chick manager attempted to figure out a way to tell me she wouldn't take some of my trades.

Take it easy,
Archaic

BTW - the hastings $9.99 deal in Lawrence only applies to used RENTAL copies, which sucks. It's $10 more for a preplayed trade-in copy.

Does this deal work with multiple copies of one game? I have three rogues ops I would trade =)

[quote name='cwick321'][quote name='bowsernieb']Oh...and on the DVD trade-in...say...I traded in 3 DVDs and wanted to get South Park Season 4...which is 35...now if the maximum trade-in value is 30...could I just pay the difference?

And do you know of any DVD restrictions?[/quote]

The dvd value on trades is only up to 29.99. There is also no trades on box sets even something small like the upcoming Sealab 2021 set counts as a box set even though it costs 24.99. Kinda lame. I work at one so I know all this. They do have a sweet employee discount though 50% off of all used video games, dvds, and cds.[/quote]

This is too too bad. Cause there's a place near me that has a bunch of used DVDs for 4 bucks...I was going to pick a few of those up and get like Sealab and Space Ghost and some of those other smaller boxsets.

I went in with 2 copies of Night Caster for the Xbox, and the lady told me "No doubles." I don't know if this applies everywhere, though. When I asked her to specify the details of the deal, she said the following...

1. No doubles
2. No sports games older than 2004
3. No pack-in's (i.e. the Tetris/Clone Wars pack-in that came with the Xbox awhile back

I think Hastings has been surprised with the deluge of cheapskates who have come in with crap like Night Caster and Rogue Ops in an attempt to trade. The employees seemed pretty annoyed when I was there just making two trades. My advice? Call before you drive too far, and get the salesperson's name so you can invoke it if they try a bait and switch.

[quote name='Snowcone']Maybe I skimmed over it, but this is trade in 3 used games for 1 new game right?[/quote]

That's right. I'm heading over with a few games myself today.

My hastings overcharges everything. From books, to movies, to rentals. (eternal Darkness is still $50 new there) But theyre the only thing near me, so I have to go to them. If I could find some cheap games to trade in, Id do this.

[quote name='neopolss']bowsernieb, are you living in Lawrence?[/quote]

No, not living in Lawrence. I'm in KC. But I have many friends up there at KU...was going to go there actually but I opted for UMKC instead...it'll allow me to save up more money if I stay closer and then I can hopefully get out to Chicago in a year or two.

*cough* Not to get off topic or anything...

Yeah I'm thinking I'll be trading Batman Vengeance, Rogue Ops and...hm...Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets...all the 5 buck games...and get Spidey 2. And then find some PS2 game I want for all the old first gen PS2 titles I have.

Has anyone tried trading in any of the following ps2 games without success?

Mobile Light Force 2
X Squad
Eternal Ring
TimeSplitters
Project Eden
Stunt GP
WDL: WarJetz
Portal Runner
Shadoan
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter

Savage Skies
Fantavision
Orphen
Star Wars: Starfighter
Oni

Thanks.

"Cheapass heaven: Hastings - Trade 3, get one free."

Kinda reminds me of the topic I posted LATE last year- "Circuit City is Cheapass Gaming Heaven right now!"

Oh well,... nevermind.

[quote name='Braden']"Cheapass heaven: Hastings - Trade 3, get one free."

Kinda reminds me of the topic I posted LATE last year- "Circuit City is Cheapass Gaming Heaven right now!"

Oh well,... nevermind.[/quote]

Are you suggesting that I ripped off your topic title? If you are, feel secure in knowing that i'm creative enough to think of my own topic titles while also not going back and trying to rip off other titles. "Cheapass heaven" isn't exactly a lone thought, you know?

At any rate, the employees here in Murfreesboro were quite nice about it. Guessed did multiples (3 Jet Set Radio Futures for a new Chronicles of Riddick? Sure.) without a problem. The guy we talked to acted like he was stoned. They had no problem with us, the girl even seperated them into stacks by system for us (there were around 30 games).

Wow, a shame a local Hastings is no longer around... :(

I really wanted to capitalize on this deal, too. Ah well...

Hot damn! fuck what I said earlier; I went in today with BloodRayne, Freaky Flyers, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (all PS2) and came out with a lightly-used copy of Hitman: Contracts :D

I'm going back tonight to trade in F-Zero, Fire Pro Wrestling, and Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers for River City Ransom 8)

I swapped ex rental copies of Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, and Wave Race that I'd purchased at the same Hastings a while ago for $4.99 each.....and got Tales of Symphonia.

Also traded ex rental State of Emergency, Red Faction 2, and Rygar (w/ computer printout of cover art) for......Front Mission 4.

I had actually seen the sign for this deal over a week ago, but the fine print said "subject to buyback requirements" so I didn't look into it since I figured there would be a long list of exclusions like other stores that run similar offers.

A note on restrictions:

1. My store also made me trade in games from the same system
2. Games must have the original case and instructions. You may be able to get around this one by making a good quality computer printout of the cover and putting it in a DVD case.
3. While some people have reported that older sports games are excluded, you can probably slip in sports games that don't have years in the title. For example, they were going to take my World Series Baseball on the Xbox, so you could probably use games like NBA Street, Gran Turismo 3, etc.

[quote name='Archaic']
Did you find the people at that Hastings to be as slow and unfriendly as I did? They acted like my coming in to do their advertised deal was a huge imposition, and I waited in the store for almost 30 minutes while the fat chick manager attempted to figure out a way to tell me she wouldn't take some of my trades.
[/quote]

I went there early in the morning, and didn't have a problem, to be honest....I gave them my games, and they wanted my personal info as usual. Then they were wondering if my games would be accepted, of which they told me to just grab a PS2 game, and we'll try it then. This is where I had the problem - getting help. The first time the guy asked me, I said I was fine, and then he disappeared. I sat around for 30 minutes to an hour trying to get someone to help me. I finally got help, got my trade in, and bolted home. :D

If you have an ebgames near you and are looking to pad out your 3 game trade in, here are a few cheap used games confirmed to work by me at my local store:

$4.99
-MDK2: Armageddon
-Portal Runner
-Project Eden

$5.99
-Oni
-Smuggler's Run 1

Ok, ok, I'll sweeten the deal. If you get me Tales of symphonia, I'll not only reimburse you the games and shipping, but I'll throw in this RARE L@@K Loverboy Hot Girls N love EP

HOTGIRLSNLOVE.jpg

A poster of Jar Jar Binks

And a soul caliber II LTD Edition hardcover guide still in its shrinkwrap.

C'mon!

Today I traded in Tiger Woods 2003, Freekstyle, and Aggressive Inline for Tales of Symphonia. Many thanks to Scorch or this great deal would have passed me by. Hastings is only about 10 minutes away but not on a road I usually travel.

I went to Hastings earlier today. Nobody there had any fucking clue about this. I went to the manager and he had no fucking clue either. Ah well, no skin off my back.

OMG! They took Haven! They also took MDK 2 and No One Lives Forever, NBA Street, and Hard Hitter Tennis. I'm gonna try some gamecube games tomorrow. I would get Tales of Symphonia for you people, but my CC is pretty much out of GC games. Anyone know where I can buy some used GC games cheaply?

I live in lawrence kansas as some have you have mentioned our hastings :p good to see their are cheapasses in mass round here :p

My take today: I traded in 3 of my old games i had, ico, star wars starfighter, and timesplitters 1 for onimusha 3, i also got the 10 dollar socom 2, it was marked at 29.99 but i showed em the ad and they gave it to me for 9.99. Then a couple of friends and myself raided the local Eb games for games under 7 bucks and bought 12 of those, of the 12 they accepted 10 i think, so we got stuff like splinter cell 2, mgs twin snakes, and mario kart dd. We are not the ultimate cheapass gamers though as a guy we met at eb who was doing the same thing informed us he had gotten close to 400 bucks in stuff that day between video games, and cheap dvd for box set trade ins. Tomorrow ATHF season 2 will be mine for cheap!

btw how the chick working at hastings described what games they would take as if they rang up in trade in value more than a dollar then they would accept em but if it was any less they wouldnt take em.

Bah. Read this a little late. Glad to see cheapasses in Lawrence, but it sounds like a lot of you have already got the goods. ;) I don't think I'll be able to head out to Hastings at all for the rest of the week. Is there any way someone from Lawrence can help me out?

Hey, Isaac, Just head East from Lawrence a little bit to Topeka. They have a nice Hastings & then a bit further yet- Manhattan has one too :)

[quote name='crickett003']Hey, Isaac, Just head East from Lawrence a little bit to Topeka. They have a nice Hastings & then a bit further yet- Manhattan has one too :)[/quote]

Ah, Manhattan's a bit too much of a drive. Went into Topeka today but didn't have too much time to look around. Thanks, though! :) Hopefully I'll get some time later on this week.

i wouldnt worry bout lawrence being out isaac, i mean they have lots of new games from what i saw you just need to find your 3 to trade in. its one of the bigger hastings ive seen too so no worries :p Rock chalk!

btw topeka is west of lawrence :p KC is east of lawrence

oh and froin i traded ps2 games for a new gc game i think they type of game you get doesnt matter, well at least it didnt for me :p

I'm gonna repackage my Stuntman and Zone of the Enders. It had the EB stickers so that might be why they wouldn't take them.

BTW, it doesn't work for box set DVD's.

Just came back from an hour drive with a couple of friends. I got Wind Waker, Disgaea, MGS Twin Snakes, and Time Crisis 3 w/ gun. I was very surprised it worked with Time Crisis. What I did was I went to Gamecrazy before and picked up Tony Hawk 3, Rogue Leader, and Turok all for gamecube.

While the person checking the games said that I had to trade in 3 of the same system, they didnt care what system game you were getting. In other words, I traded in 3 xbox games for Disgaea.

Hmmm, I guess my Hastings is not as cool as your guys'. The dude specifically said Xbox for Xbox etc... Today I came in with Kelly Slater's pro surfer, freekstyle, and Wrestlemania XIX and left with ToS. This game is pretty cool. It's all pretty and stuff.

[quote name='DaMavsMan13']Anyone know of a Hastings store close to Dallas?[/quote]

Denton or Waxahachie... I was planning on going to the Denton one this weekend, still haven't made up my mind yet since its about 35 miles one way...

scorch it works for boxed sets at my hastings, just so long as its under 30 bucks i saw a guy get ATHF, the terminator boxed set and a few other from trade ins, maybe its just ur store :p

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='DaMavsMan13']Anyone know of a Hastings store close to Dallas?[/quote]

Denton or Waxahachie... I was planning on going to the Denton one this weekend, still haven't made up my mind yet since its about 35 miles one way...[/quote]

The Denton store wasn't too bad, though I have not been there since this past Sunday, so I don't know what's still there. Kind of sad, seeing as I am about a mile away from it, too.

[quote name='GHardin']The Denton store wasn't too bad, though I have not been there since this past Sunday, so I don't know what's still there. Kind of sad, seeing as I am about a mile away from it, too.[/quote]

If you do wind up going before Saturday, could ya help me see if they have Samurai Warriors, NCAA 2005, and Spidey 2 for either Xbox or PS2? :?

bread's done
Back