Cheapass heaven: Hastings - Trade 3, get one free.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
There's absolutely no exclusions to this deal.. OTHER than the CD's not be FUBAR'ed and no sports titles unless it's this year (though they did accept an '03 Fifa).

So I met up with Guessed today and we hit up Hastings.. and he was prepared. I mean I kid you not he had stacks and stacks and stacks of games. So we bring in the first stack: 24 games. Titles such as Wakeboarding Unleashed, Jet Grind Radio Future, Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX, and several other titles like this - and got games free. He traded in 24 copies of those games and walked out with Ninja Gaiden, 2 Chronicles of Riddick, (One of which he gave to me.. I can't thank him enough), Psi-Ops, Megaman Anniversary Collection, Fatal Frame 2 on PS2, Jak 2, Jet Li: Rise to Honor.. ah crap what else.. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Fight Night '04.. and a whole ton of others. I traded in Legends of Wrestline 1, Parappa The Rapper 2, and UFC Tapout 1 on XBox and got Full Spectrum Warrior for free.

So then we head on down to Rhino, and it turns out, if you trade in two games that are worth at least $12, you can get one free. So he traded in 8 games, such as 1080 Avalanche and a few others, and walked out with.. prepaid in full's on Fable and Sudeki, Tales of Symphonia, and he let me get a free copy of Psi-Ops, to which, again, I cannot thank him enough.

So if you've got extra games, find a Rhino or Hastings and head down. After all, you can't beat a "Trade in 3 Jet Set Radio Futures, and get Chronicles of Riddick" deal.

[quote name='bowsernieb']Where did all these Kansas folk come from all of a sudden? I thought Master Kyo and myself were the only ones! Nice to see we're not alone.[/quote]

I've been pretty surprised throughout this thread too. I'm guessing most of you Lawrence guys are up at KU? I'm heading up there this fall 8)

yeh im a KUer :p and i traded 3 crappy movies (frogs, shaft in africa, and the hobbit) for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 2 :p

I'm actually in KC, but I'm going up there tonight to trade some stuff in. Found a place with a bunch of 4 dollar DVDS...so I picked up...let's see...The Mod Squad, EDtv, Spider, Never-Ending Story II and Behind Enemy Lines...and I'll grab a few more from here, plus some games. Want to get Sealab 2021 and maybe try out that Coupling...plus Spidey 2 for Xbox and...did you see any Time Crisis 3 with the gun?

yeh they had 2 or 3 of the time crisis 3's with the gun yesterday when i went to the lawrence store, as far as sealab you may be outta luck i didnt see it off hand, it may be around somewhere but i didnt see any, but they had plenty of aqua teen hunger force season 2's :p

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='GHardin']The Denton store wasn't too bad, though I have not been there since this past Sunday, so I don't know what's still there. Kind of sad, seeing as I am about a mile away from it, too.[/quote]

If you do wind up going before Saturday, could ya help me see if they have Samurai Warriors, NCAA 2005, and Spidey 2 for either Xbox or PS2? :?[/quote]

Whoops, I didn't see this until recently - sorry about that! Stupid internet keeps going down....anyway, you shouldn't have a problem finding any of these games, to be honest - I do not see this Hastings as a place where you would be hard pressed to find any of this stuff.

[quote name='GHardin']Whoops, I didn't see this until recently - sorry about that! Stupid internet keeps going down....anyway, you shouldn't have a problem finding any of these games, to be honest - I do not see this Hastings as a place where you would be hard pressed to find any of this stuff.[/quote]

I stopped by there with 9 games to trade yesterday, 6 for Xbox and 3 for PS2. My friend also had 9 PS2 games to trade, needless to say, the manager wasn't very pleased with us. Haha. They sold out of the 2 games I wanted most, Metal Slug 3 and Spidey 2 for Xbox so I settled for Samurai Warriors, Sudeki, and NCAA Football 2005 (PS2). Might call the Waxahachie one to see if they have them... :shock:

[quote name='Albinofury']yeh they had 2 or 3 of the time crisis 3's with the gun yesterday when i went to the lawrence store, as far as sealab you may be outta luck i didnt see it off hand, it may be around somewhere but i didnt see any, but they had plenty of aqua teen hunger force season 2's :p[/quote]

You seen any Disgaea's at all? ;) That would be delicious. I may try to head out to Hastings next week, depending on when I work.

And no, I'm not going to KU here. Heading out to Vancouver at the end of the year/early next year for film school, but it'd be fun if we had a CAG meeting at my parents restaraunt in downtown Lawrence. :D

[quote name='isaac'][quote name='Albinofury']yeh they had 2 or 3 of the time crisis 3's with the gun yesterday when i went to the lawrence store, as far as sealab you may be outta luck i didnt see it off hand, it may be around somewhere but i didnt see any, but they had plenty of aqua teen hunger force season 2's :p[/quote]

You seen any Disgaea's at all? ;) That would be delicious. I may try to head out to Hastings next week, depending on when I work.

And no, I'm not going to KU here. Heading out to Vancouver at the end of the year/early next year for film school, but it'd be fun if we had a CAG meeting at my parents restaraunt in downtown Lawrence. :D[/quote]

What restaurant? That would be fun...now that we finally have a fair amount of Kansas CAGs. I'm especially interested to talk to you because I'm going to be studying film too.

[quote name='bowsernieb'][quote name='isaac'][quote name='Albinofury']yeh they had 2 or 3 of the time crisis 3's with the gun yesterday when i went to the lawrence store, as far as sealab you may be outta luck i didnt see it off hand, it may be around somewhere but i didnt see any, but they had plenty of aqua teen hunger force season 2's :p[/quote]

And no, I'm not going to KU here. Heading out to Vancouver at the end of the year/early next year for film school, but it'd be fun if we had a CAG meeting at my parents restaraunt in downtown Lawrence. :D[/quote]

What restaurant? That would be fun...now that we finally have a fair amount of Kansas CAGs. I'm especially interested to talk to you because I'm going to be studying film too.[/quote]

If i remember right i saw at least a couple disagea's, and yeh which restaurant is your folks?

[quote name='Albinofury']yeh im a KUer :p and i traded 3 crappy movies (frogs, shaft in africa, and the hobbit) for Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 2 :p[/quote]

Frogs was so utterly crappy and funny that I kept it.

[quote name='Albinofury'][quote name='bowsernieb'][quote name='isaac'][quote name='Albinofury']yeh they had 2 or 3 of the time crisis 3's with the gun yesterday when i went to the lawrence store, as far as sealab you may be outta luck i didnt see it off hand, it may be around somewhere but i didnt see any, but they had plenty of aqua teen hunger force season 2's :p[/quote]

What restaurant? That would be fun...now that we finally have a fair amount of Kansas CAGs. I'm especially interested to talk to you because I'm going to be studying film too.[/quote]

If i remember right i saw at least a couple disagea's, and yeh which restaurant is your folks?[/quote]

Thai House. Heard of it? And I'm definitely going to have to try to pick Disgaea up, in that case.

yeh ive eaten there good stuff :p

And to sying, yeh frogs is so so bad but come on the massive frogs they promised me on the cover were only small dog sized in the move, big let down :D

[quote name='Albinofury']yeh ive eaten there good stuff :p

And to sying, yeh frogs is so so bad but come on the massive frogs they promised me on the cover were only small dog sized in the move, big let down :D[/quote]

Awesome. Glad you enjoyed it. By the way, was the Lawrence Hastings making restrictions on which system the game had to be on?

Sweet, I have got some CC games to unload. Good thing I live in Denton too. The cool thing is I know the manager, and about ten of the employees pretty well, so I shouldn't have any trouble trading in for anything. But I am kind of confused, can you do this for DVDs and CDs at Hastings, or is it just Games?

Tried today, the only decent game there was La Pucelle. No Disgaea. :( *sigh* Anyway, the guy said it was system specific, so I just wound up returning the other 3 games I bought and put money on Halo 2 LE.

[quote name='Rocksnake']But I am kind of confused, can you do this for DVDs and CDs at Hastings, or is it just Games?[/quote]

I believe the deal is for trade any three games, CDs, or DVDs, get 1 free. Obviously the value of the freebie cannot exceed $49.99 games, $29.99 DVDs, or $19.99 CDs. Or that's what I thought, anyway. :)

[quote name='Rocksnake']Sweet, I have got some CC games to unload. Good thing I live in Denton too. The cool thing is I know the manager, and about ten of the employees pretty well, so I shouldn't have any trouble trading in for anything. But I am kind of confused, can you do this for DVDs and CDs at Hastings, or is it just Games?[/quote]

Since you know the manager and quite a few employees, any chance you could get them to order and receive a Metal Slug 3 before this deal expires? :D I drove 30+ miles on Friday to the Denton store and they didn't have that nor Spidey 2 on Xbox. I called today and the lady in the games department said it'd take them TWO weeks to get it in if she puts in an order...

This is the best deal ever local hastings in murfreesboro didn't care about doubles of titles i traded in 3 parappa the rapper2 3 RE code veronica 3 fur fighters whoevers revenge 2 GC Redfaction 2 and SSX trickey for Splinter Cell pandora tommorrow, La Pucelle Tactics, mario cart double dash, NCAA 2005 also picked up a sealed copy of paper mario they had for 20 bucks

[quote name='Albinofury']yeh ive eaten there good stuff :p

And to sying, yeh frogs is so so bad but come on the massive frogs they promised me on the cover were only small dog sized in the move, big let down :D[/quote]

Do you know they made a semi-sequel : Toads??? No joke. Check IMDB

This can be "utilized" by going to ebgames and buying all the cheapest used games you can find. That's what I did.

[quote name='redsoul']Could this be abused by going to a dollar store and loading up on cheap dvds? I've seen a few 3 dollar DVDs.[/quote]

[quote name='Odenat']This is the best deal ever local hastings in murfreesboro didn't care about doubles of titles i traded in 3 parappa the rapper2 3 RE code veronica 3 fur fighters whoevers revenge 2 GC Redfaction 2 and SSX trickey for Splinter Cell pandora tommorrow, La Pucelle Tactics, mario cart double dash, NCAA 2005 also picked up a sealed copy of paper mario they had for 20 bucks[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed some cheapass hoarded a ton of games there.

thanks folks, scored a copy of Time Crisis 3 with guncon 2

works flawlessy on an HDTV btw for those wondering

also an employee told me over the phone that the deal has been extended till august 7th

i'm so tempted to go by there again and preorder donkey konga

[quote name='polobearjp']I just called 2 different stores in TX and they both said the deal ends today so the extension does appear to be YMMV[/quote]

well i spoke to the denton store if it means anything..and a guy yesterday told me over the phone about the extension

maybe the news hasn't spread to all the employees yet?

they wont take starsky and hutch for xbox.
and the manager told me today that today is the last day for the promotion. That was at 2 different locations.

[quote name='gsr']well i spoke to the denton store if it means anything..and a guy yesterday told me over the phone about the extension

maybe the news hasn't spread to all the employees yet?[/quote]

The first store I called earlier today was the Denton one and the person answering the phone didn't know and put me on hold to ask another employee. Then she said that it ends today, maybe I'll try calling again tomorrow to see if they still have it going on...

The deal is always 4 for 1 though, and the exclusions are the same. That's good news, though. I wouldn't mind paying $6 or $8 for 4 games then getting a new game for free.

I did trade Midnight Club/Stuntman/Zone of the Enders for Sudeki (the guy didn't care that they weren't the same system).. and got a free copy of Pandora Tomorrow as well..

I know the guy that worked at Hastings, so I asked him if he knew about it. He did, and said I could trade for any system. So I took some games I got in trades from CC and previous things and got Zelda: 4 Swords w/cable, then ran to Gamestop and got 3 games for 14 and snagged La Pucelle.

If I find out it's still going on, I might go back and get Lupin the 3rd, FF: CC, and MGS: TS.

Glad you guys have profitted from the deal. Most locations no longer offer the deal.. however, they do the EXACT same deal year-round, except it's four for one.. they just don't advertise it. Looks like we've found a new way to get brand new games for next to nothing ;)

3 for 1 was dead since yesterday. 3 for 1 was one of the best deals in recent months along with CC 5 dollar clearance.

[quote name='Zephry']3 for 1 was dead since yesterday. 3 for 1 was one of the best deals in recent months along with CC 5 dollar clearance.[/quote]
yeah i had a CC and a hastings pretty close to each other..........so id get the 5$ games and whatever they didnt take....i figured id take it back to CC, cause it was still unopened!! they took pretty much everything except 3 copies of nhl hitz (which they did accept the previous day) that i still have to take back to CC.....cause the different managers were all cool except this ONE bitch.......she said they couldnt have more than 2 copies of a game ((yet they have like 12 copies of DMC2...which i sold them 4 of......and countless others as well....so she was plainly being a cunt........and she was the only manager there....and since its not a big chain...they dont care if u threaten to call the district or regional manager..........cause i was actually trated like i was a poece of crap.........that i was less of a customer, cause i wanted to take advantage of THIER OFFER??......in that case...they need to start saying "anyone spending more than 10$ to the front of the line....anything less...to back...or go pick out more stuff to buy)).....and made me wait to the side of the line until everyone else checked out..........the last day, she was the only reg. open and made me wait thru 4-5 customers ....no biggie.....but the line kept piling up....about 11 people in line ....so i asked if had to wait until everyone in the store checked out......she said YES.........and i said man, give me my stuff.......and left.....or else i would have A NEW GAME right now..........*(^%^*& #%$ ....OHH THAT PISSES ME OFF........sorry for the rant.......that really wasnt the purpose of this post, but im not typig anymore so itll have to do...

This is the first I am hearing about this deal. Damn, I missed out. 4 for 1 is still a great deal. I have a few rejects that EB or gamestop wouldn't accept on their promotion. I'm guessing they don't accept PS1 games.

[quote name='dpatel']This is the first I am hearing about this deal. Damn, I missed out. 4 for 1 is still a great deal. I have a few rejects that EB or gamestop wouldn't accept on their promotion. I'm guessing they don't accept PS1 games.[/quote]

They sure do. They might do PS1 for PS1 only though.. depends on your hastings.

sweet. I'm going to have to give them a call. Its a little far, but its definetly worth it if I can get rid of some of these old games.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Odenat']This is the best deal ever local hastings in murfreesboro didn't care about doubles of titles i traded in 3 parappa the rapper2 3 RE code veronica 3 fur fighters whoevers revenge 2 GC Redfaction 2 and SSX trickey for Splinter Cell pandora tommorrow, La Pucelle Tactics, mario cart double dash, NCAA 2005 also picked up a sealed copy of paper mario they had for 20 bucks[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed some cheapass hoarded a ton of games there.[/quote]

My friends and I went on our lunch break (which is one helluva break since we work in Nashville) and there is basically nothing left. Pretty much every new game worth getting is gone.

They wouldn't even let my friend trade in 4 games for a used Ninja Gaiden. Why would they not let you trade used games for another used game?

Anyway, they still had the 3 for 1 sign up near the games but they declined to offer us the deal even though it was still posted in the store.

All in all it was pretty much a wasted trip for us.

bread's done
Back