Cheaper Power Tools

mf44

CAGiversary!
I've been looking for a decent cordless drill, and possibly circular and reciprocating saws as well. I know about Harbor Freight, but with something like this I'd prefer to stick to a bigger name brand tool. DeWalt, Makita, Craftsman, etc.

I looked at the Sears Black Friday ad and frankly, it's horrible. I could've bought the same tools for less last week during a sale they had...I'm sorry I waited to see if they had any deals.

But anyways, any other good places to look? I've found the 10% coupons for Lowe's and Home Depot, but are there any good places online for decent power tools?

Try Amazon.

I was able to get quite a few DeWalt pieces on there for well under retail and including free shipping.

What kinds of tools are you looking for specifically?

I'm not sure what I need exactly, so I suppose I'm pretty flexible. I don't need really pro type stuff, as its just more for general use, ya know? Some work on furniture, shelves, etc, that kind of thing. It seems DeWalt type stuff is probably overkill, but it looks like it would at least last me. But that's why I was hoping for a good Sears deal....their items seem decent for general home use.

If there are any good deals on a set that includes a circular saw, as well, that'd be great, but not needed. For cutting shelves, table tops, etc.

I'd honestly just come up with a list of what you need and watch the circulars, or sites like slickdeals or fatwallet. Lowes is good about reducing the prices on certain tools when they get something "newer" in, but YMMV. I'm honestly to the point now where I'd rather pay a little bit more for something that I know is reliable, than to get something cheaper only to have to replace it in a year or so. This is especially true with tools such as drills. I went through 2 drills, one by Ryobi, and another by Black and Decker, before I finally bit the bullet and bought the Dewalt. The Dewalt is still running perfectly fine to this day.

I'd also wait for black friday at Lowes/Home Depot. They will put power tools on sale. Some will be the "cheap" homeowner stuff, and some will be the pretty good Dewalt stuff.

If you want good quality tools, you won't find many deals. The home depot near me has a special price running on a DeWalt Reciprocating Saw and Dewalt Drill for $200. Both cordless of course. Best deal I have ever seen on DeWalt tools. That's probably the best you'll get. Go check out your Home Depot to see if they do have that special going on.

DarkRider23, which Home Depot is this? Paramus, perhaps?

I've got family in Bergen County, so they may be able to pick it up for me if I can't find it here.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back