Cheapest 360 Arcade you can find.

jaypalm

CAG Veteran
My 360 red ringed for the 4th time and is past the 3 year warranty. I am looking to get just an arcade and switch out the HD from the old one. I would definitely like to get the new Jasper chip set. Any help would be appreciated.

I dont know it off hand but if you search for the dell code thread it gives you 15 percent off and is still alive i believe should bring you to around 180 shipped i think

65G7RQ11J?M2LH......thats the code and its still active but dell doesnt have arcades in stock......sorry bout that

[quote name='AceSXE']65G7RQ11J?M2LH......thats the code and its still active but dell doesnt have arcades in stock......sorry bout that[/QUOTE]

No problem I checked there first and was mildly upset they were out. Almost tempted to get a pro but not that tempted as I still have a PS3 I can play on.

Check on craigslist. I've found tons of stuff at 150 or less, more often than not the $150 is a system bundled with stuff.

I found a 20GB 360 in my own city for $60 bucks, but I pulled the trigger too late. It's really hit or miss, but if $180 is a good deal for you, craigslist is sure to not dissapoint.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Check on craigslist. I've found tons of stuff at 150 or less, more often than not the $150 is a system bundled with stuff.

I found a 20GB 360 in my own city for $60 bucks, but I pulled the trigger too late. It's really hit or miss, but if $180 is a good deal for you, craigslist is sure to not dissapoint.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a brand new sealed box sort of thing. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and purchase it off Amazon. I added it to my cart and seems like they are charging tax now. Since when has this happened?

Amazon.com is running a promotion where if you trade in $75 worth of games (maybe movies too) - they also cover shipping - they will match that amount when you place all of it toward a console purchase coming from amazon.com (not one of the amazon market sellers).

So after spending nearly an hour of typing in what games they take in and their respective values, I minimized my order to just 5 games that equaled $81 (paid about $100 for the lot) and will use the $81+75(bonus) = $156 toward a PSP or something.

And they started charging tax for residents of New York (which I am assuming you are) about a few months ago.

[quote name='jaypalm']I'm looking for a brand new sealed box sort of thing. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and purchase it off Amazon. I added it to my cart and seems like they are charging tax now. Since when has this happened?[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. Even still though, I found a NIB arcade system on the NH craigslist for 165. (My dads girlfriend lives in new hampshire so I usually check there and my local one hoping to find some deals). It won't hurt to check it out.

:edit: just rechecked the ad and it says the guy would be willing to ship and the price is OBO. It's from about a week ago, but it wouldn't hurt to drop an e-mail if you want to save some cash on a system.

http://nh.craigslist.org/ele/1192529205.html

:edit 2: just e-mailed him, the guy is a bot or whatever. Sorry. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Amazon.com is running a promotion where if you trade in $75 worth of games (maybe movies too) - they also cover shipping - they will match that amount when you place all of it toward a console purchase coming from amazon.com (not one of the amazon market sellers).[/QUOTE]

I read up on this program in the discussion boards on Amazon and it seems like they are having one hell of a time with actually getting credit where credit is due. I'll prolly pass on this even though it is a great idea.

If you don't mind open box here's one for cheap.

PS: I've bought from that seller before, his products always come in great condition and the shipping is usually really fast. He also has Pro for about 7 bucks more than the arcade :p.

PS2: LoL i guess i always get my stuff fast from him because of same state.

I ordered the arcade console from Dell 9 days ago as a replacement for my dead 360. It took about 7 days to get here (NC) using their free 3-5 day shipping, cost $169 + tax after the 15% off code. Mine has the Jasper chipset.

It's showing up on their site now at $20 off, for $179. The 15% off code listed above still works, but not in conjunction with the $20 instant savings, so it's $169 if you use the 15% off code:
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A1710347

My 360 RROD-ed too last week and it's out of warranty. Still deciding what to do but I've been looking along the same line as you are. The cheapest way to go is to get the arcade system since I can still use my HDD. But I'm so tired of these failures. This is already my 3rd system. Thinking of just scrapping the 360 for good. I already have a PS3 and Wii. It's frustrating that my Sega Dreamcast and original fat PS2 are still working without a hitch while the only 2 systems that have failed for me are the original XBox and the 360.

if you can deal with rebates i keep seeing the arcade for $150 after rebates at my local FYE.

Well I bought the bullet and ordered an Arcade off of Dell when I saw they restocked. It was ~185 after the 15% off coupon and tax.

I just bought one off Dell yesterday and I just got an email saying it will be here at the end of the month.... The Xbox is my only current Gen system, and it died for the 4th time. I wanna get back to Mass Effect again.... UGH

Keep an eye on Overstock's auctions. I got a 360 arcade with a 20GB hard drive added on for $98 from BestBuyOutlet a couple months ago.

I'm sure MS will bundle it with a few games starting in September or so. Whether that's worth waiting on is up to you. I'd just bit the bullet right now.

[quote name='Krohboy']I just bought one off Dell yesterday and I just got an email saying it will be here at the end of the month.... The Xbox is my only current Gen system, and it died for the 4th time. I wanna get back to Mass Effect again.... UGH[/QUOTE]

Yea, the date when I purchased it said it should arrive by the 12th but it just got changed to around the 26th. If I had known that I would have just bit the bullet and went to Amazon and paid a little extra. I was hoping to get it by the end of this week. O wells.

Just to let you know, if you do decide to buy the pro, or even the elite, its a 99% chance it will not be a Jasper so you'll put yourself back in the same situation. That is with Dell, Amazon, ESPECIALLY a cheap one on Craigslist, or mostly anywhere... Don't let those cheap bundled games entice you to settle for anything less than a Jasper either. So either buy an Arcade with the dell coupon, or confirm wherever you buy it from that it is a Jasper because its going to be a little while before you find a Jasper in anything other than the Arcade or the Red Resident Evil 5 Elite Bundle... Hope that helps. I'm waiting on a Jasper too! :)

FYE has the Xbox 360 Arcade for $150 after a $50 rebate. I've never done an FYE Rebate, though I'd imagine it would be a Visa Rebate Card.

I recommend Dell.com. As stated prior, they have a 15% off coupon and you can get a brand new system for $181 total (this includes the shipping price).

I know this because I bought one from them last month and am VERY happy with my purchase.....shipping was very fast as well.

I looked on the console and the system was created in March 09 and I bought it in May 09......and just like a previous reply, it has the new Jasper unit as well.

I cannot recommend Overstock.com as I bought one last year from them and it was broken and previously used (even though I called prior to shipment and they assured me over the phone that it would be a new item).

Again, I highly recommend Dell.com....mine was $169 without shipping ($181 total).

Is that Arcade system available on Dell a Jasper? It doesn't have the newest packaging that comes with Sega Superstars Tennis.

[quote name='Tate Donovan']Is that Arcade system available on Dell a Jasper? It doesn't have the newest packaging that comes with Sega Superstars Tennis.[/QUOTE]

The one I got was a Jasper..thats all I know

barlow, did your Japser come in the new bundle that comes with Sega Superstars Tennis?

And does anyone know if that Dell 15% off coupon has a definite expiration date?

The one I got with my Jasper 360 was the Arcade Hits Game.

I believe the coupon expires in July or August..can't remember offhand.

[quote name='jaypalm']My 360 red ringed for the 4th time and is past the 3 year warranty. I am looking to get just an arcade and switch out the HD from the old one. I would definitely like to get the new Jasper chip set. Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't your 1 year warranty renew every time you get your 360 fixed? So technically, you should still be under a warranty.

I just bought the arcade at walmart for the full price. I was told that i had 30 days to return it for the one with the sonic tennis game. I havent played it yet. I dont really care about the game, but how do i make sure that the one i have has the jasper chip? It was manufactured on March 13 2009.

Jasper arcades have the built in Memory Unit as far as I know. If yours has that I'm pretty sure It's a Jasper.

Honestly Dell has had the best deals on 360 Arcades. I remember last year in Nov/Dec it was around $160 shipped and they had Pros for $210 with FREE Endwar.

I'm really interested in getting one of these, but as I have just started shopping, I don't know how to go about finding a Jasper, and at what price. I know how to identify one in person now, but what are my chances of getting one online, and what can improve my chances? Also, is the arcade + HD the best price point for 360s? I've not bought a console in some time so I'd like to be a little cautious before I spend the money. Thanks.

Hi all,

Sorry to crash the Dell party, but anybody looking into buying an Xbox 360--or any other discounted product--from Dell should know full well what they might be getting into. After shopping around, I decided that Dell seemed to have the best deal on Xbox 360 Arcades. Using the 15% off coupon mentioned in this forum thread, I could get an Arcade for $169 plus tax, with free shipping. When I figured in the tax, it was only about twenty dollars less then Amazon, but hey, twenty bucks could buy me Bioshock, or the Orange Box. So, on June 11th, I pulled the trigger, and put in my order. Also, while the model I ordered had no specific 'In Stock' notice, there was another model that had a big 'Out of Stock' logo right by it, so I think I can assume beyond reasonable doubt my model was in stock.

This was the initial notification I got from Dell. Note the Estimated Delivery Date:

================================================================
DELL USA
Home & Home Office
Order Confirmed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your order is being processed.

We will send you an e-mail after your order ships
Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.

Order Information
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer Number: 1********
Dell Purchase ID: 2************

Estimated Delivery Date
You can check the progress of your order at any time by clicking on the link(s) below.

Order Number: 7********
Product Description: Xbox 360 Arcade
Estimated Delivery Date:06/18/2009
https://support.dell.com/support/or...DHS&order_number=7********&validate=1********

The next day, I received this:

There has been a delay in fulfilling your Order Number listed below and we have adjusted the
estimated delivery date for this order (see Revised Estimated Delivery Date).

Based on the latest available information, we are confident we will deliver your order on
or before this new date. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

When your order ships we will send you an Order Shipped e-mail which will contain
the Estimated Delivery Date and tracking information for your order.

Revised Estimated Delivery Date:

You can check on the progress of your order at any time by clicking on the Order Number(s) below

Order Number Product Description Revised Est. Delivery Date

7******** Xbox 360 Arcade 06/23/2009

Okay, fine, I can deal with that. What piqued my interest was this phrase, located at the bottom of the letter:

"This email shows a specific Order Number within your purchase that has been impacted by the Federal Mail Order Rule. To learn more about the Mail Order Rule, click here."

This is when I decided to google "Dell" and "Federal Mail Order Rule". Not a pretty picture. Those who want to jump right into that subject should check out the three links at the bottom of this post.

Although I was getting concerned now, I decided to wait and see what happened. Maybe I was just worrying about nothing. Then, on the 17th, five days after my first delay notice, I received this:

Your order has been further delayed due to a supply shortage and we need your permission today to continue processing it (as required by the Federal Trade Commission).

ACTION REQUIRED: please contact us today (by 9pm CST tonight) to continue with your order that has a new Revised Estimated Delivery Date (see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below).
We must receive your permission today or your order will automatically be cancelled.

It’s easy to provide permission! Simply send an email today to [email protected]
stating that you are giving us permission to continue processing this order
(please include your order number in the e-mail) or call us at 1-877-868-3355 (8am - 9pm CST).

Revised Estimated Delivery Date

You can check on the progress of your order at any time by clicking on the Order Number(s) below

Order Number Product Description Revised Est. Delivery Date

7******** Xbox 360 Arcade 06/26/2009

Now I was definitely worried. This was starting to sound like the beginning of one of the Dell horror stories I had been reading about. Still, I sent them an email right away, giving them the go-ahead to continue processing the order. They confirmed this promptly, and so the situation stood. What bugged me was this particular phrase:

"Your order has been further delayed due to a supply shortage..."

Now, as I stated above, when I ordered this system, it was almost assuredly in stock. Besides, that was almost a week ago at the time of the delay. The day after receiving this second delay notice, I decided to check on Dell.com and see if the Xbox 360 Arcade I ordered (Manufacturer Part# : XGX-00055) now touted it's own 'Out of Stock' logo. It didn't. Noticing Dell's 'Live Chat' option, I decided to find out for sure if the system was in stock.

The item referred to in the transcription below is the Xbox 360 Arcade,
Manufacturer Part# : XGX-00055, Dell Part# : A2860223:

2:21:20 PM System System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat

2:21:20 PM System System
Connected with BE_PR1_Barbara

2:21:39 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
Welcome to Dell's Sales Chat! I hope you are doing well and thank you for waiting. My name is Barbs and I will be your personal sales agent today. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or leave me a message at 1800-379-3355 ext. 2160085, from 8AM CST – 12 CST. Please provide your e-mail address and phone number where I can contact you in case we get disconnected. How may I help you with your purchase today?
To better serve you, Dell now offers Secure Payment via Chat for our chat customers!

2:21:44 PM Customer Tim Hamilton
Is dell item # A2860223 in stock

2:22:30 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
let me check that here

2:25:11 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
thanks for waiting

2:25:26 PM Customer Tim Hamilton
Okay

2:25:31 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
the Xbox 360 Arcade for $199.99 is in stock

2:26:05 PM Customer Tim Hamilton
Then why is the one I ordered a week ago been put on back order and delayed twice? I'm doing a blog on Dell sharp practices. This is part of my research.

2:27:18 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
as far as the order you placed only the Electronics and Accesories deprtment can address as to why it is on back order

2:27:31 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
As we are Dell Sales Chat Queue for system building, I'm going to refer you to our Electronics & Accessories Department who expertly handle this item here at Dell. You can reach them at 1-800-915-3355 ext. 726-3805

2:27:42 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
Or reach them thru chat as well with this link: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/sales_chat_snp?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup&~ck=mn

2:28:25 PM Customer Tim Hamilton
Your company has a bad reputation for doing this in the past. Apparently the practice continues.

2:29:48 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
I apologize if you feel that way we do have a customer care department that can address your issue

2:30:06 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
You can contact Customer Care by going to www.dellcustomercare.com or by calling 1-800-624-9897

2:31:31 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
please do contact them as I do not have the details that you need since I belong to system building department for customizing laptops and desktops

2:33:16 PM Agent BE_PR1_Barbara
any other concerns that i can assist you with?

2:34:43 PM Customer Tim Hamilton
Why was I connected to you when I requested to gaming system questions? Apparently the web site doesn't work right either?

This run around continued for awhile longer, netting me nothing but the conformation that the Xbox 360 Arcade I am attempting to buy is most assuredly in stock. Now, were I alone in my troubles, I would be more than willing to give Dell the benefit of the doubt. But as it stands, it seems that this practice of endlessly delaying unprofitable orders has become epidemic at Dell. It's sad really, that a once respected company would sink to such lows. If my Xbox is shipped soon, without any more considerable delays, I will be sure to post back and give credit where credit is due. Otherwise, I will cancel my order, and redirect my business toward a company that deserves it, such as Amazon. Notwithstanding the fate of my order, the legions of other disgruntled Dell customers experiencing this problem have ensured that I will never order from Dell again.

Sincerely,
Tim Hamilton

P.S.

While my experience so far has been frustrating, others have had even worse luck, as evidenced by the two stories linked below. Two of many, I might add:

http://sam.curren.ws/index.cfm/2007...excuse-to-avoid-fulfilling-undesirable-orders

http://apcit.blogspot.com/2008/06/dell-problems-and-bashing.html

Also, for those who would like something a bit more substantial then hearsay, here is a record of an FTC fine levied against Dell for the "Violation of FTC Mail Order Policy" While it is admittedly an old case, it does tend to indicated a pattern, no?

http://www.contractormisconduct.org/index.cfm/1,73,222,html?CaseID=66

My launch 360 just finally gave up the ghost on me and I'm seeing the rrod for the first time since my original Xbox. Was going to go with the Dell coupon and get a jasper arcade for 169 but after reading the last post I think I'll just get one locally at full price and get some Fred Meyer points or something for my trouble.

Thanks for the Dell info.

BTW, as a follow up, dell ended up delaying my order 4 times in all, more than a month past it's original ship date. I finally canceled the order. I'm going to try to get one from Amazon, since they have free shipping and I don't have to pay tax. It's hard sitting here with burnout paradise and bioshock sitting unplayed on the shelf. :bomb:

wow...great post timmygyu......
reading.gif

Interesting post. Wish I would've read it before just placing an order. At the first sign of trouble I'll cancel it, if needed. I don't need a headache, and wouldn't mind dumping Dell just like I dumped buy.com a long time ago.

Thanks for that post timmygyu. I have a 360 that is starting to show a tendency to 2 ring (overheat). I was trying to wait for a redesign (more than just jasper) but I guess now I'll try to at least wait it out for the holiday bundles. I can then go through Amazon or Best Buy. I guess if I'm not in a hurry, Dell would still be a possibility.

i bought an arcade 360 off of dell about 2 weeks ago. got it for $180 shipped. it is a jasper but did not come with the arcade game like it shows in the pic. it came in around 5 days. the console is from 4/13/09. im really happy with my purchase just need to find a cheap HDD now.

bread's done
Back