Cheapest 4+ gig Memory Stick?

Zombieslayer240

CAGiversary!
I am looking for a PSP memory stick (4+ gigs) that I can buy from a MAJOR retailer (ie walmart, BB, amazon.com, ect.)..... any good deals?

The cheapest I've seen lately is $80 at buy.com. If anyone else has a better deal somewhere else I'll be happy as I need to upgrade my 2 1GB version .

CC has a 4 gig pro duo mem stick @ $60 but i got the 2 gig @ $30. gamecrazy gives 16.50 for a 1 gig mem stick.

If you don't mind Lexar, you can always buy it from Frys.com for $43: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5211767

They're a great store. I've bought several things from them and they come very quickly and for free (I ordered a hard drive on Monday and got it on Thursday last week).

They are a chain of stores as well, so you can trust them at least with the task of getting the item to you safe and sound. Personal beliefs on the product are a different matter...

[quote name='alongx']PSP only supports up to 4gb, no? In that case, no need to say 4+.[/QUOTE]

I believe there is an 8 gb out, but its in the hundreds...

Cheaper to get 2 4gbs if you want that much space and you dont mind swapping out.

[quote name='Karuto']If you don't mind Lexar, you can always buy it from Frys.com for $43: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5211767

They're a great store. I've bought several things from them and they come very quickly and for free (I ordered a hard drive on Monday and got it on Thursday last week).

They are a chain of stores as well, so you can trust them at least with the task of getting the item to you safe and sound. Personal beliefs on the product are a different matter...[/quote]

nice find i was looking for one of these at this price range!!! thanks alot

[quote name='Karuto']If you don't mind Lexar, you can always buy it from Frys.com for $43: http://shop4.outpost.com/product/5211767

They are a chain of stores as well, so you can trust them at least with the task of getting the item to you safe and sound. Personal beliefs on the product are a different matter...[/quote]

Thanks for the link, this does seem to be the best deal outside of eBay.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Just got a new official Sony 4 gig, for 49 shipped from amazon marketplace.[/quote]

Be careful, a lot of those are fakes. If you're not buying directly from a major retailer, and you go an auction/trading route, make sure you know how to tell fakes apart.

I got my 4GB at Circuit City for $60.

Link for how to tell a fake? I don't really care as long as it works properly. Sony sucks for not having an eight gig chip for 80 bucks. I can get a 60 gig portable hard drive for my computer for less than 60 bucks!!!!!!!

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Link for how to tell a fake? I don't really care as long as it works properly. Sony sucks for not having an eight gig chip for 80 bucks. I can get a 60 gig portable hard drive for my computer for less than 60 bucks!!!!!!![/quote]

http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-Sony-M...Gate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001236041

Fakes tend to work for awhile, but sometimes you get problems down the road, they stop working. Not to mention they can corrupt and you sometimes get slower transfer speeds. I've heard of people having success using them, but it's not worth it in my opinion. Plus it pisses me off when people try and BS you.

Thanks a lot for that awesome link.
Bought from stash of cash on amazonmarketplace, i'll check it out real good and hopefully wont be seeing any corrupt files in the future.

The memory stick says error 80220087 when the psp can actually read it. I guess I have to ship this fake back and get my money.

The easiest way to tell a fake is to just press triangle on the photo memory card menu. Click "information" and if it says Magic Gate: Supported, its genuine. If it says Magic Gate: Unknown, it's a fake. I had some fartknocker on craigslist try and sell me a fake. He was surprised when I quickly and easily told him to where to shove it.

For memory cards, its really better to buy retail. There's just too many fakes out there. Not worth the hassle.

bread's done
Back