Cheapest Canadian Stores for video games

jachel

CAG Veteran
Hello. I am new to CAG.

I am just wondering what stores you all prefer to shop at? most stores i have found are always 69.99 64.99 59.99 only stores that i have found to have cheap prices's are american stores :(

anyways if you guys would tell me your favorite places to shop for video games. I am refering to new games in this post.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read my post :D

Your best bet is pop onto CaG, slickdeals.com and redflagdeals.com every once and while and just have the stuff shipped to you. Most of the time stuff in stores will be full or close to full price.

The source isn't bad for slightly older games or even less popular games. They have a pretty good clearance section on their website for instore deals.

just watch for the deals in the forums

it's not like the american stores are regularly priced

occasionally gamestop.com and amazon.com via goomba
25% off over 100 dollar orders at gamestop.com ending today for instance, if only I could use my canadian gift cards there.
for actual store in canada due to getting gift cards during holidays ebgames and hmv mainly, and a small store somewhat close.

but I would recommend this.
[quote name='Uncooked']Your best bet is pop onto CaG, slickdeals.com and redflagdeals.com every once and while and just have the stuff shipped to you. Most of the time stuff in stores will be full or close to full price.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Newmarket Ontario, I shop at Microplay. They have buy one used game, get the second of equil or lesser value half price.

I just picked up FFXIII for $49.99 and got God of War III for $25

If you don't mind used, Rogers sometimes has some pretty good deals. And if you get a rewards card, you can use it to collect points. Once you reach 20 points, you can save $10 off anything in the store.

Microplay still lives eh?

There used to be one here in Markham but then it disappeared. That was my favorite place to buy games lol so cheap. Do they break street dates these days? Seems like a pretty good deal.

Thank you all for all the answers. I am in Ontario

Also I got a newb question lol. Is there a way that I can set the price checks to canadian stores? When i type just cause 2 in for example it gives me all the recent prices for american stors. Can i change that option to Canadian stores?

Thanks again for all the answers :D

Hmmm don't know Newmarket. Rogers Video is a good rec, especially when/if they have anymore any 2 games for $40 sales.

Amazon.ca has some good prices...

[quote name='jachel']Thank you all for all the answers. I am in Ontario [/QUOTE]

Ontario isn't exactly small.

For local brick and mortar stores, there's really nobody who's particularly better or worse than others. You often get good deals from Future Shop, Best Buy, EBGames, Blockbuster Video, Wal-Mart, and Superstore. I would say those are your best bets. However, if you're looking for the cheapest price on X title, you'll have to check all of the above to see who's got the best price.

[quote name='eataburger']Hmmm don't know Newmarket. Rogers Video is a good rec, especially when/if they have anymore any 2 games for $40 sales.

Amazon.ca has some good prices...[/QUOTE]

Newmarket is about a 35min drive north of Toronto on Highway 404.

[quote name='Bambo']Microplay still lives eh?

There used to be one here in Markham but then it disappeared. That was my favorite place to buy games lol so cheap. Do they break street dates these days? Seems like a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that. I never used to go, but a friend of mine said he got Battlefield BC2 there for $55 WITH the VIP code... I just finished paying $70 at EB. So I HAD to go check it out.

Sure enough, EVERYTHING was cheaper. Even with EB's Edge discount card, Microplay still had them beat.

I know I paid $21 for a used COD3 at EB and Microplay was $15.

But they can't even touch Microplay's buy 1 used game, get another equil or lesser value 50% off. That includes ALL used games for all systems.

Microplay will always be my first stop now, EB will be second.

Yeah Microplay would be my favorite place to go when the PS1 was out, I'd always rent my games there. You could even bring in a game from another place and they would burn it for you to play on your PS1. Coolest place ever lol.

bread's done
Back