Cheapest or best deal for a PS3?

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was planning to get a PS3 later this year but since the Emotion Engine will be removed sometime in the near future I want to get it now sooner rather than later. Where can I find it for the cheapest price? Are there any good bundles available? I'm in CA so keep that in mind. The 7.25%+ sales tax will kill most B&M deals and online deals that charge CA tax.

I believe the Gamestop is again offering $100 trade in value for a PS2, a couple controllers, and a memory card towards a PS3 again. If you have these it might make sense to trade the in while they are worth something.

I called the local Gamestops in my area and they aren't offering that PS2-trade-in deal, although Kotaku just reported yesterday that it was coming around again. Anyone got any details on this deal? I wanted to trade in my PS2 but was disappointed when the monkeys at GS told me the offer is over.

EDIT:

Update on the Playstation 2 Trade-in deal. The store may say they don't offer it anymore, but I called Customer Service and they said its still in the system, just not advertised. I took my PS2 in today and got the deal. Keep in mind you needa Playstation 2 system with all the cables, an extra *Sony Brand* playstation 2 controller, and PS2 memory card (also probably Sony brand).

[quote name='chodax']Yea trys craigslist. I heard of people getting the 60 gig PS3 for 400-500 dollars[/quote]

There's one for $500 on my local craigslist right now. I'm not gonna bite on one unless I can get it for $400 or less.

bread's done
Back