Cheapest place for a DS???

bjeong1381

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I want to buy a DS tomorrow but I don't know if anyone has it on sale at all. If anyone knows of any deals please let me know. Thanks!

I don't think any stores are going to have it on sale on its release date. No reason to sell it for less than what they could be making :)

[quote name='rabbitt']I don't think any stores are going to have it on sale on its release date. No reason to sell it for less than what you could be making :)[/quote]

No reason to sell it for less than what they will be making. ;)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='rabbitt']I don't think any stores are going to have it on sale on its release date. No reason to sell it for less than what you could be making :)[/quote]

No reason to sell it for less than what they will be making. ;)[/quote]

Fixed :lol:

If you wait a week or two some places will probably have a deal for the system and a game. It all depends on how many Nintendo shipped and if stores have extras after the initial sales.

Actually I bet you Fry's will have it on sale. I was just wondering if you guys knew of any deals or bundles. If you look at my collection you will see that I am not cheap at all.

the frys ad today showed a bundle for $189.97 which includes the Nintendo DS system and your choice of a free game between The Sims Urbz, Madden 2005 or Spiderman 2. However after looking at it, I noticed it is not much of a bundle because if you buy all those separate it still equals the price of the bundle.

i really don't think there will be many places that actually have it in stock, let alone on sale. love 'em or hate 'em, those puppies are going fast...

The only places I couldn't find them today was GS and EB. Check your TRU, K-mart, BB, Target (places that carry NOT ONLY GAMES). YMMV

I got it from Circuit City and had them price match Toys R Us for the $10 gift card if you spend over $75. And I also had them price match Target for Spiderman 2 for $28.88. So I spent $214.06 and got my DS, Mario and Spiderman 2.

If you wait a few months, you can probably get it at target for $138.88 (SP had a deal for 11.11 off at Target only like 2-3 months after its release)

You have got to be kidding me!

This thing is NEVER going on sale. The only "deal" you'll get is in the aforementioned bundle paks, which, again, aren't actually deals. They just look like it.

My point is, look at the home systems. The only way they dropped in price is when the company did it. Not the retailers. Why do you think they always have those stipulations on the bottom of your average big box store saying: "Take 10% additional off anything in the store!"
*excludes game hardware and stereo instillation

Because they lose money on the systems if they do. The profit margin is pathetic. Retailers have to rely on the games to keep the dough rolling in on any system.

Bottom line- either it's Ebay for a deal that sounds too good to be true, or you'll have to wait for the next GB handheld to cause a price drop.

Which means you'll be waiting a while just to save a few bucks.

obviously the OP found it already but my suggestion would be to hook up with someone with game rush credit and make them a deal

bread's done
Back