Cheapest place for CDs?

abcme

CAGiversary!
I've never purchased a music CD in my life, but there's this one CD that I must get, but I don't know which places sell CDs for cheap.

the only prices I've found are $15, and $13....

=(

What cd is it? I usually go local anymore for cds, a store here has $6.99 cds 3 for $15. Online I usually order from wherehouse.com, and occasionally half.com

Deepdiscountcd.com (sister site to deepdiscountdvd.com) has it for 10.99 and free shipping. Overstock.com has it for 10.62, but shipping is $1.40.

"Everything's free at teh internets!!!!!!111"

Haha, seriously though, if you get it around the time it comes out, CDs are usually $10 @ Best Buy/Circuit City.

omg, headaching, there's 2 diff ones, but they pretty much look identical.

wth, whats the diff.

[quote name='abcme']omg, headaching, there's 2 diff ones, but they pretty much look identical.

wth, whats the diff.[/QUOTE]

clean vs. explicit

[quote name='monoxide101']clean vs. explicit[/QUOTE]

awww I want both ><

damn them and their marketting techniques!!

[quote name='thatstoobad']go to a used record store. i've seen used copies of the jack's mannequin record going for $6 at the store near my house.[/QUOTE]

NEVER!!!

I must buy the new thing!!! rawr!!!

this is probably the only cd I'll ever buy, so I'm getting a new one for sure. =D

[quote name='projecteightysix']are you kidding [/quote]

hahaha.

so... realistically speaking, new CDs are ususally $10, and that's pretty much a fair deal?

[quote name='abcme']I've never purchased a music CD in my life, but there's this one CD that I must get, but I don't know which places sell CDs for cheap.

the only prices I've found are $15, and $13....

=([/QUOTE]

http://www.yourmusic.com

They may not be that up-to-date or have every obscure album you never heard of but for what they have they are unbeatable.

I've been using them for about a month now and had no trouble with them.

o, one more question.

How the hell do you find a cd when you're in the cd store?

they sort it in the weirdest way.

The have name cards for certain artists and place em in.... a weird ass order..

I thought it'd be something like alphabetical, but it's not... I went to 2 stores and they arrange em in a similar manner..

[quote name='abcme']o, one more question.

How the hell do you find a cd when you're in the cd store?

they sort it in the weirdest way.

The have name cards for certain artists and place em in.... a weird ass order..

I thought it'd be something like alphabetical, but it's not... I went to 2 stores and they arrange em in a similar manner..[/QUOTE]

Generally, they sort them in alphabetical order in each genre. Look at the designations of the rows to find the genre you want, then go through the row you need. Name cards are generally only written up for larger and more popular acts, with other acts either placed in a general "Various" section at the beginning or end of the letter or mixed in with name card materials still in mostly alphabetical order. Also, please, please tell me you were joking with that wanting both versions of the album. What a possible waste of money and an encouragment to the people who want to continue this joke of a practice. Buying both would be worse than a person buying both a wide and a full screen version of a DVD (I can at least come up with a rationale for that).

what I really meant was.. I couldn't decide which one to get.

of course I'm not gonna buy both. $10 on music is enough ;)

[quote name='abcme']what I really meant was.. I couldn't decide which one to get.

of course I'm not gonna buy both. $10 on music is enough ;)[/QUOTE]

Here's the question then. Do you want to hear the music you buy as the artist meant for it to be heard, or would you rather hear it as some corporate censor edited it to protect your virgin ears?

I got a huge cd collection, but they are all of my favorite artists. I dont buy albums from bands who have 2 good songs. If you really like the band, buy their cds. And don't ever get censored albums. They are weak on so many levels.

[quote name='strummerbs']Here's the question then. Do you want to hear the music you buy as the artist meant for it to be heard, or would you rather hear it as some corporate censor edited it to protect your virgin ears?[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right...

[quote name='JackFlash666'] I dont buy albums from bands who have 2 good songs. If you really like the band, buy their cds. [/QUOTE]

yes, I made sure that more than 50% of the cd has songs I like.

bread's done
Back