Cheapest place for Rock Band Instruments?

Greywing

CAG Veteran
Yes, I know I'm massively behind the times on this but I want to get on the Rock Band bandwagon. I've already gotten the game for the 360 as part of a 2 for £30 from HMV a while ago but haven't been able to find the instruments for a half decent price anywhere. Can anyone recommend a stockist that isn't charging a fortune for them?

Play.com are currently selling the Beatles guitars for £40 for the Rickenbacker and £45 for the Jet Duo

I paid 55 at Gamestation, price matching Currys for the regular edition instruments (at the time of release of Beatles). So yeah 60 sounds not too bad... hmm, do feel like i've seen them cheaper than that lately.

It's a good deal but the instruments are pretty rubbish. The guitar is meh and so are the drums which were made a lot better with RB2 but we didn't get them in the UK but they're probably a good place to start.

Hmm.... £60 is tempting. How much 'worse' are the instruments compared to the RB2/Beatles special edition ones?

Some of them are pretty bad. The drums frequently have mis-hits, or don't register at all, the foot-pedal can snap in half, and the guitar strum bar is prone to just breaking sometimes. My drums are still alright, but my guitar went about 6 months after I bought it. I'd recommend the Beatles special edition (the closest we get to the RB2 bundle) over it any day, even if it can be quite expensive. It's cheaper to buy one Beatles set than it is two normal ones to replace the broken bits.

You can get the Special Value edition for £60 which includes RB1 guitar, RB1 Drums, mic and Beatles game. The Limited Edition is £110 which includes Hofner Bass, RB2 Drums(with some cosmetic alterations), mic, mic stand and game. The only instruments you can buy seperately are the Rickenbacker for £40 or the Gretsch for £45. The Hofner Bass is exclusive to the limited edition.

The RB1 guitars have problems with tilt for overdrive, buttons not working and broken whammy bars. The RB1 drums also have their problems with registering hits, no bounce back, not velocity sensitive and that have a horrible THUD to them when you hit them.

*prices are from Play.com

Cheapest you can get the Limited Edition Beatles Instrument set (the one with the good instruments) is £90 from Amazon, so only £30 more, and you get the rather good Beatles: Rock Band with that as well.

[quote name='Ben506']Cheapest you can get the Limited Edition Beatles Instrument set (the one with the good instruments) is £90 from Amazon, so only £30 more, and you get the rather good Beatles: Rock Band with that as well.[/QUOTE]

He already has the game but all the bundles come with it so there's no getting around that. I'd def go with that deal then at just £30 more. Nice find Ben

bread's done
Back