Cheapest place to buy domestic plane tickets?

y2kenjination

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I live in Seattle, WA, and I'm looking to go to Long Beach California for a couple of days. I was wondering if anyone happens to know of some cheap sites for airfare...a co-worker told me that tickets around this time should be $200 roundtrip from Seattle to Long Beach, but when I checked online, they were going for about $350-$400. That's the last time I listen to him. Well, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

When are you planning on going? The closer you wait till the date you wanna travel to buy your tix, the more expensive.

Most of the time, you can get better deals from the airlines themselves. Orbitz, priceline, etc all seem to be the same or higher, depending on where you are going.

[quote name='specialk']When are you planning on going? The closer you wait till the date you wanna travel to buy your tix, the more expensive.[/QUOTE]
June 29th. But everyone can disregard this topic! I decided to go with greyhound. $138 roundtrip. Doesn't get any better than that! Time for some handheld gaming...

[quote name='y2kenjination']June 29th. But everyone can disregard this topic! I decided to go with greyhound. $138 roundtrip. Doesn't get any better than that! Time for some handheld gaming...[/quote]

You poor bastard. I took the Port Angeles to Sacramento trip twice via Greyhound and will never do it again. It was the worst experience of my life. I'd rather spend more and take the train or fly.

[quote name='y2kenjination']June 29th. But everyone can disregard this topic! I decided to go with greyhound. $138 roundtrip. Doesn't get any better than that! Time for some handheld gaming...[/quote]

Generally for a airline ticket, you'll want to book at least 15 days in advance, and that's if you get lucky and they still have seats available on the cheap. Otherwise you would want to book a month or two in advance, I hate that, it kills last minute travel.

Also I usually use sites like travelocity to check possible prices and book at the airline's site since that will usually cut 10-20 dollars off the booking fee.

I would never take greyhound, being stuck on a bus all day long for who knows how many days. Did you check amtrak? I would take that instead, one day I will just to see the country by train.

[quote name='puternerd']You poor bastard. I took the Port Angeles to Sacramento trip twice via Greyhound and will never do it again. It was the worst experience of my life. I'd rather spend more and take the train or fly.[/quote]

No kidding, Greyhound is awful.

bread's done
Back