Cheapest place to get Printer Ink?

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I have a Lexmark X75 all in one, and the prices for ink in Best Buy are always really high for me.

0073464687900_215X215.jpg

Does anyone know an online place that might sell the ink at a much better price? Please let me know, thanks.

[quote name='Dustwalker14']Ever check in to the refill kits like they have at staples?[/QUOTE]

Those refill kits require too much work (and they're messy too).
I have gotten generic ink from private.abacus24-7.com and I highly recommend them (the product and pricing are awesome).
But you probably want to buy a few at a time since they charge a flat $5 for ground shipping.

EDIT:
they don't sell generic ink for your lexmark x75 printer.
Sorry.
I thought they would

First off, BB has never ever been cheap on ink cartridges. I'm not sure of any place online, but if you want a B&M store than I'd probably just recommend Walmart or when either Staples, Office Depot/Max have their coupons that can be used on cartridges or just simply as a bundle at Sam's/Costco. I know it's not a good thing when recommending Walmart for cartridges, since it is Walmart, but seriously, they have good prices and you're not giving your money to BB, a plus in my book. Ink cartridges are some of the biggest high margin items that BB makes money on if you didn't know.

Get a new printer. Most printers come with full cartridges nowadays. You'd probably be spending the same amount of money on a new printers as you would buying a set of cartridges for your existing printer.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'd probably just recommend Walmart or Ink cartridges are some of the biggest high margin items that BB makes money on if you didn't know.[/QUOTE]

I worked at radioshack and walmart. Walmart ink costs more then a lot of places im my area. Like a $30 dollar ink at walmart was $22 when I worked at radioshack. When I worked at radioshack we paid $12-$20 for ink that sold $19-$34. so there is some margin but not as good as some would think. I hardly ever print anything and if I do it's text. I have a all-in-one printer and I hardly ever use it.

[quote name='vihit']Most printers come with full cartridges nowadays.[/QUOTE]

And I'm hung like a fucking army mule.

If that were the case how would companies make any money on thier printers at all? In the long run the money is in ink and they're not just gonna give that shit for free. Starter cartridges are still the standard.

[quote name='Friedle']And I'm hung like a fucking army mule.

If that were the case how would companies make any money on thier printers at all? In the long run the money is in ink and they're not just gonna give that shit for free. Starter cartridges are still the standard.[/QUOTE]

How do I know that starter cartridges no longer come with printers? I'm an HP representative at Best Buy. There is only one model printer that is instore at Best Buys that have starter cartridges. That is the Lexmark Z715. All HPs have full cartridges. Epsons, Canons, and the other Lexmarks should have full cartridges as well. Read the box and it says right on it that they are full cartridges. HPs even list the amount of ink in the cartridges that come with a printer right on the outside of the printer box. It is the same amount as a catridge that you would buy separately. Starter cartridges is a myth perpetuated by retailers to attach more ink to a sale. Just look at how much printers cost now. Some are given away free with the purchase of a computer so that ink and cables (where all the margin is) can be attached.

It's true that in the long run, ink is where the money is made, but companies have included full cartridges with their pritners for at least 3 years now. Customers will eventually need to come back and buy more ink. Most customers don't have the mindset to buy a new printer when they need more ink. Incidently, I've noticed that the older the printer is, the more expensive the ink cartridges are. I usually recommend these customers to buy a new printer because they would be getting a printer with much better resolution and functionality than the one they already have.

Now, there may still be some models that might have starter cartridges, but not too many of them anymore. The ones that have starter cartridges are the lower end models where the ink for it costs more than the printer itself. One easy way to see that the cartridges are not starters is with a Canon Pixma IP3000 and above model printers. These use cartridges that are clear. Compare the ones that come with a printer and the ones that are bought separately. They have the same amount of ink in them.

i get my ink from ink4art.com. I checked though, and that have a lot of Lexmark's but not yours, sorry! There are always 30% or so coupons from techbargains.com as well, so you save even more. Granted, these are cheap Chinese "equivalents", so I dunno how you feel about those. I haven't had problems with my Canon IP3000 in the half year or so I've been using the cheapo inks...

bread's done
Back