Cheapest possible headset/mic options for the PS3?

This entirely depends on your preference of style when it comes to wearing a headset. For me, I use the Tritton Stereo Gaming headset that is wired. Provides decent audio and I can hear what the hell people are saying, and it's 50 bucks. Just about every in-game audio engine will lower the game audio when people are talking.

You can go cheaper and get the single headphone with the mic for roughly $20-$30 but hearing people talk while the action is going on is going to be a problem. One of the reason why I can't stand the xbox 360 headset.

Then there's the wireless ear piece style. I've had success using the Sony ($30) and Jabba ($20) bluetooth ear pieces with decent voice, but when there's a lot of action you might not hear what people are saying.

For wireless headsets, the Sony one is very good at a decent price of $80 if you like that style.

Which ever one you are looking at, please make sure you check to see if theres a mic mute button/switch or not. With no switch, you mic is always on so remember that, lol.

I use the official sony playstation bluetooth headset that came in my Socom Confrontation years ago works perfect. Think they are $20 on ebay now.

Actually do you guys know if I can use a 3.5mm headphone/mic jack -> USB adapter? I would like to use my normal headphones +mic combo if I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hente']Actually do you guys know if I can use a 3.5mm headphone/mic jack -> USB adapter? I would like to use my normal headphones +mic combo if I can.[/QUOTE]

This video is the best I could find on the subject however, combining the price of all three adapters is roughly 25 bucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qWvjcJFMk

bread's done
Back