cheapest shipping at USPS?

mgsvr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi, this guy suppose to give me 33 dollar for the game + shipping. However, he only give me 33.55, so I think that he pay me 55 cent for shipping. Anyway, I'm going to send him the game, but I don't know how much USPS will charge me for the cheapest shipping?

The cheapest shipping, media mail, should run about $1.20. If you have to pay for the envelope too, it'll be close to $2. I suggest you ask for more money for shipping. $0.55 is ridiculous

Well I tell him to pay me 33 plus the shipping. But the dude just sent me 33.55, so what should I do now? Anway, I think I'll just find something to wrap up the dvd case to save money and send him using Media Mail.

ps: By the way, I can cash the postal office Money Order in any Bank right? Right now I don't have a bank, but I can ask my friend to cash it for me. Thanks

[quote name='mgsvr']Well I tell him to pay me 33 plus the shipping. But the dude just sent me 33.55, so what should I do now? Anway, I think I'll just find something to wrap up the dvd case to save money and send him using Media Mail.

ps: By the way, I can cash the postal office Money Order in any Bank right? Right now I don't have a bank, but I can ask my friend to cash it for me. Thanks[/quote]

I'm not sure about the bank thing. But next time you should specify the amount you want for shipping.

Email the buyer and tell him that 55 cents will not cover shipping. Tell him if he wants his game, he will need to provide you with the right shipping amount.

As for the money order, you can cash it at any bank. If you do not want to go through the bank, you can get it cashed at the post office. If you choose that route, remember to bring two forms of ID (one must be a picture ID).

You could just send him back the money order and it's $.33 :)

Some people do live in fantasy land regarding shipping costs and is why I alway's communicate the costs clearly and upfront.

Hard lesson learned, but you always need to state specific shipping costs, not just "+ shipping"

Postal money orders cabe cashed at most banks where you have an account, or at an Post Office.

thanks for the advice guy. Now, should I just send him the game or just return his MO back? Yea he does live in a fantasy world I guess, 55 cent for shipping. Yea it is my fault too for not clearly state the shipping price. Anyway, I need an advice. Thanks

You could ship media mail and spend $1.20 losing 65 cents. Or mail him back his money order, lose 33 cents and have to try to sell the game again. I'd chalk up the net loss of 32 cents to a cheap lesson in descriptive selling and ship the game :)

it depends on if you mind selling the game for a little less. honestly if you'd rather have the money it'll only be like a $1 loss on your part.

I'd just ship it MediaMail, because $.65 isn't really worth the hassle to me.
When the GBASP came out, I sold my GBA and battery pack on ebay. It was gonna cost me like $10 to ship it, since the buyer wanted to get it fast, but he only gave me $2 over the auction price. So I told him I wouldn't ship it until he gave me the rest of the cost of shipping.
As for cashing MO's, yeah, you should be able to do it in any bank which you have a current bank account.

If you really wanted to be a dick, cash the MO, then say you need more for shipping. Did you give him a total amount due? If not, get more money for shipping and HANDLING.

thanks guys. I think I just ship him with Media Mail instead since he play dirty and pay me only 55 cent for shipping. That will teach him. Anyway, I have learned my lesson for not stating the price of shipping. I though people would know the cheapest for shipping is 2 dollars (1st class mail).

Thanks

I went to ship it and it cost me 1.53 (1st class mail). 1.48 is for media mail. I just lost 1 dollar =(

That mean I only got his 32 bucks for my perfect Disgaea. I guess it's ok since no one buy it at 35 bucks a while ago. The buyer name is MissingData in CAG.

Just learned my lesson for not specific the shipping cost.

[quote name='mgsvr']I went to ship it and it cost me 1.53 (1st class mail). 1.48 is for media mail. I just lost 1 dollar =(

That mean I only got his 32 bucks for my perfect Disgaea. I guess it's ok since no one buy it at 35 bucks a while ago. The buyer name is MissingData in CAG.

Just learned my lesson for not specific the shipping cost.[/quote]

What a dick...

Maybe he just of tought 33 shipped 30 plus shipping and 55 cents for del con and or may he is just a dick,lol.haa

bread's done
Back