Cheapest Transformers G1 season 2 part 1? (ANOTHER CHEAP AUCTION FOUND!)

They have been sitting on the license a while now, perhaps when the movie comes out on dvd they will start re-releasing them.

edit:

ugh I'm brain dead, movies been out on dvd for a while now and still no re-release.

there's really no "good" way to get the rhino sets cheap. Waiting on one to show itself at a secondhand store that has no idea what they're selling is really your only way to get them "cheap".

[quote name='Pyramid_Party']i kinda heard sony BGM or something was gonna re-release the transformer sets[/quote]

ill belive it when i see it

If you just want all of the episodes to watch rather than buying them for the collectability of the Rhino sets, you are probably better off getting the steel case Chinese (with English voice option) set here:

http://www.amazon.com/TRANSFORMERS-..._bbs_sr_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1202274726&sr=8-9

It is 15 discs and has all of the G1 episodes including the handful of episodes from the Japanese run of the show where they brought Optimus Prime back to life at the end of the series. It also includes the animated movie. For around $70, it is a pretty good deal.

It is NOT a bootleg and is an official Chinese release from Hasbro Asia. The sound and picture quality is generally considered to be as good if not better in this set compared to the Rhino sets.

[quote name='unicron129']Do you guys think that the sony releases will make the rhino sets cheaper or more expensive?[/quote]

Cheaper IF they remaster it, clean up the animation frame by frame and fix the sound problems.

But right now, Rhino is the only genuine release.

Because it's OOP and so damn hard to find (let alone find for cheap), that's the only reason I say screw it and just pick up the bootleg Chinese/Asian boxed set with all the episodes. I hate to advocate or even mention something like that, but until Sony gets off its ass and starts pumping this and GI Joe out, there is no other choice. And even with Sony, you can bet they will charge a king's ransom when they finally get around to putting it out.

[quote name='GF_Eric']If you just want all of the episodes to watch rather than buying them for the collectability of the Rhino sets, you are probably better off getting the steel case Chinese (with English voice option) set here:

http://www.amazon.com/TRANSFORMERS-Generation-G1-Episodes%2B-Secondary/dp/B000BP80ZQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1202274726&sr=8-9

It is 15 discs and has all of the G1 episodes including the handful of episodes from the Japanese run of the show where they brought Optimus Prime back to life at the end of the series. It also includes the animated movie. For around $70, it is a pretty good deal.

It is NOT a bootleg and is an official Chinese release from Hasbro Asia. The sound and picture quality is generally considered to be as good if not better in this set compared to the Rhino sets.[/quote]

"Official Chinese release"...talk about an oxymoron. Are you sure that set is legit? I've seen the exact same set called a bootleg and being sold for half that.

Might as well spend the extra $15 and get this, I've no idea if this is legit either, but it definitely looks pretty awesome and comes with "cool collector shopping bag". 25 DVD set, "20th Anniversary" edition, probably another "official Chinese release".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W26QTA/ref=pd_cp_d_2?pf_rd_p=316286001&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BP80ZQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=17GX3E31TWYPE3W0VDMQ

Ok. I bought the set for $55 and accidentally bid on another auction on ebay. I am winning and my max bid is $33 including shipping.

IF ANYONE WANTS SEASON 2 PART 1 FOR $33.15 SHIPPED, PLEASE BID here.

EDIT: Some else bid, but its still cheap. Thanks if anyone from here was the one that bid.

bread's done
Back