Cheapest UMD movies?

mikeyhegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just got a PSP and would like to get some UMD's. I figure since they're discontinued there should be some good places to look for them on the cheap. any suggestions?

ebay, deepdiscount.com, gamestop when they have coupons (search google for "x umd gamestop" where x=movie title to find a gamestop page where you can find availability locally)

The only movie I've gotten so far is Nightmare Before Christmas, it's pretty awesome.

If you have a Fry's near you they always seem to have a few on sale in their weekly ad for $3.99-$6.99. The majority of my UMD movies I picked up from there for about $5. They have a pretty damn good selection too.

curse you people and your Fry's. We have no such thing in NY.

I bet you guys have that fast food place Sonic, too. There's ads for it on every station I watch but there are no stores nearby :(

[quote name='mikeyhegs']curse you people and your Fry's. We have no such thing in NY.

I bet you guys have that fast food place Sonic, too. There's ads for it on every station I watch but there are no stores nearby :([/quote]

I feel your pain, neither are in MI. My wife and I want to do a road trip that involves going to Sonic and going to Fry's.

[quote name='mikeyhegs']curse you people and your Fry's. We have no such thing in NY.

I bet you guys have that fast food place Sonic, too. There's ads for it on every station I watch but there are no stores nearby :([/quote]

It's funny, because as I'm reading this post, I'm eating Sonic for dinner. Their burgers aren't that great, but I love their ice cream blasts (their version of the Blizzard or McFlurry). Only reason I ate there is because my town only has 7 restaurants in it, and the Subway was full of people I graduated high school with. They're everywhere in Kansas, but I've never heard of a Fry's (outside of on here). My family's from Iowa originally, and the funny thing is that when we were up there this December for a funeral we drove by the Sonic business headquarters, but we never once saw one of their restaurants.

As for this topic, I had no idea UMD movies were discontinued. I guess everywhere I go is having a hell of a time getting people to buy them if that's the case. If the price on them ever drops down to like $1, I'd probably go and buy the ones for Serenity, Clerks, and Kill Bill just for the pure novelty of the things.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I feel your pain, neither are in MI. My wife and I want to do a road trip that involves going to Sonic and going to Fry's.[/quote]

sonic sucks compared to the old a&w drive-ins. theres an awesome one in ortonville, mi. I used to go there all the time when I lived in MI.

Frys is pretty nice, though. :)

about umds, I got "boyz n the hood" for 5 dollars from frys last week, and cowboy bebop vol. 1 as well. the output to my HD tv (via component) is pretty sweet.

since this topic strayed......sonic has "Chili Cheese Tater Tots" and "Fritos Chili Tortilla Wrap" some drunk/stoner food!!!!!!!!!!

I was lookin for some cheap UMDs and came across bestbuy where they were close to $10 a pop WTF!!!!!

Frys.com and/or deepdiscount.com seem to be the winners so far...any other suggestions? Especially in the NYC/Long Island NY area :lol:

fry's B&M probably has cheaper UMD movies than their online store. Some range from $3.99 to $19.99 (or full price) but the selection is limited -atleast for the cheap UMDs. I'm also looking for cheap UMDs, I've checked Best Buy and they seem to sell them at regular price.

We've got them at our store and we offer combined shipping ($2.50 for the first title, 50cents for every title after that). Most of the UMD's are around $8.

Also, I really think film festivals should jump on the UMD boat because short films and episodic shows may be the only thing to survive on this media.

My recommendation? Buy a large capacity Memory Stick and rip your DVDs to that. I have a few UMD movies, but mostly things that I bought as an impulse at Wal-Mart/Target when I saw them being cleared out.

UMD space in my PSP case is at a premium right now, so movies are usually the first to sit out on a road trip in favor of games...but if you don't have many games, I can see some value in it.

bread's done
Back