CheapyD on TV!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This Thursday, Feb 5th, CheapyD is scheduled to appear on Cold Pizza, a TV show which airs live from 7AM to 9AM EST on ESPN2. There is a rebroadcast immediately afterwards from 9AM-11AM EST.

I'm not really sure what is going to happen specifically, other than I am supposed to be previewing Winning Eleven 7 for the PS2.

Be on the look out for a very tall guy with a shaved head that looks something like this:

cheapydthug1.gif

So, in anticipation of being on the show, I picked up a used copy of Winning Eleven 6 yesterday, because I know the WE series is supposed to be challenging, and I didn't want to embarass myself on national TV.
I played for a few hours last night and I have yet to score a goal. This is not like EA's Fifa games where you can expect to be doing spin-o-ramas and scoring bicycle kick goals after playing for 10 minutes.

...looks like I have a lot more homework to do.

Anyone have any tips?

p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG.

*sigh*... forgot to sign in. ^^^ Thats me.

Is there a tutorial program, or something cheapy?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Make sure to plug the site gratuitously. :D[/quote]

Hmm...I'm gonna try to keep it real low key so I get invited back.
Perhaps they'll have me on to talk about cheap ass gamer at some point.

[quote name='jt2k3']*sigh*... forgot to sign in. ^^^ Thats me.

Is there a tutorial program, or something cheapy?[/quote]

Luckily there is, but the game is still very challenging.

Unplug the other guys controller during the game Then look right at the camera and hit 'em with a

"That was a Cheap Ass move from ME CheapyD, for more Cheap Ass deals check out my site, www Dot cheapassgamer Dot com."

[quote name='JimmieMac']Unplug the other guys controller during the game Then look right at the camera and hit 'em with a

"That was a Cheap Ass move from ME CheapyD, for more Cheap Ass deals check out my site, www Dot cheapassgamer Dot com."[/quote]

Wow...now THAT's cheap! :D

its really not that hard of a game, i agree you dont score 6-7 times a game but i can usually squeak 1 or 2 past the keeper, on normal difficulty, what were you playing on?

Try to play a staggered 2 forwards at the top. And make the last pass to that guy when in the box. Don't just rip shots. It is useless. The ball will rebound if you pass for a close shot, and then your other forwards will knock it in.

The other thing - watch fatigue and hot streaks. It makes a big difference. If a guy is on a cold streak, he will miss point blank. :)

The game is hard to score, but very rewarding between the boxes.

Take Care,
Matthew

[quote name='TheRock88']Good luck, I'm sure everything will be alright. BTW, what difficulty setting did you put it at Cheapy?[/quote]

Whatever the default settings are.
I only got to play for an hour or so...will give it more time tonight.

i will say that i am really good at the game so if you want tips i could help you...just email me at [email protected]

the best way to get used to the game style is to start on easy...the comp will give you more time on the ball so you can get used the game...lol dont ever compare fifa to this game...fifa is pure arcade while WE is a complete strategic game...Fifa is like checkers while WE is like chess...anyway if you want help then email me...it is hard to explain this game on a forum because my tips are very lengthy and wordy...so if you want help just email otherwise good luck because WE is a very hard game even for soccer players...in the US we dont know the finer points of the game that well which you need to know to be successful

[quote name='CheapyD']
p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG.[/quote]

Well, I'll ReplayTV it, which I can then transfer to my computer, and then maybe I can do something with it from there. I'll try and see what I can do, but I've only had the ReplayTV since christmas and have yet to try this transfer thing out. So don't count on me, but I'll see what I can do... Also, I have a dvd burner so if I can't figure how to edit the video, maybe I'll just burn ya the dvd and let you or someone else try the editing. But on the same token, I don't have my dvd burner installed yet and so don't count on me for that either. But dammit, I'll try..... :)

also when you preview it i think it would be a good idea to discuss the differences between FIFA and WE...i know many are uninformed about WE

[quote name='daphatty']You definitely should be wearing a CAG T-shirt! Good luck![/quote]

amen to that, and good luck too! Though lying low on the plugs may be a good idea, as you've said :)

Cool.

Just make sure to act intelligent - don't let the tv people make you look like a stupid gamer geak or something. Make sure you are confident and whatever you do don't look into the cameras directly - either look at who you are talking with or to the side or something. Also don't be long winded in your answers/explanations cause they will have to cut you off to either ask you another question or commercial, and that never makes you look good. Try to answer their questions direcetly and don't go off on a tangent unless it is to promote your site.

Anyway. good luck Cheapy.

[quote name='Scrubking']Cool.

Just make sure to act intelligent - don't let the tv people make you look like a stupid gamer geak or something. Make sure you are confident and whatever you do don't look into the cameras directly - either look at who you are talking with or to the side or something. Also don't be long winded in your answers/explanations cause they will have to cut you off to either ask you another question or commercial, and that never makes you look good. Try to answer their questions direcetly and don't go off on a tangent unless it is to promote your site.

Anyway. good luck Cheapy.[/quote]

maybe Cheapy will become the new preview guy. Once I saw some people on there talking about the new games and they really just let the people talk about what they want and then interject at the end.

If you played past fifa games, you may want to change the layout of the controls. In WE6 to shoot you have to press square and you do a cross over by using the circle button, when in fifa is reversed. Shoot in fifa is circle and cross over is square. Go to the tutorial menu, I didn't know how to play but when I got to the tutorial everything was good and now I'm really good at this game. And finally, practice, practice, practice. You may want to start at 1 star first so that you get the hang of it and know how to score from different possitions, then you can go up 2 starts or more, but first you gotta know how to score.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna try to play as much as possible today and tomorrow...too bad I have a job, its starting to be a real inconvenience ;)

Congrats man, that rocks. And Winning Eleven kicks ass..I work at EBgames and I paid mine off the other day. I can't wait. I've been playing Winning eleven 6 for a while now and it's pretty damn satisfying when you actualy score...

Im curious as why thier picking you to review WE.

On another note, i have this video of some MSN broadband reporter reviewing NFL street... he keeps using slang terms and comes off as the whitest guy on the planet... i reccomend a view for a chuckle.

when does we 7 come out?

also with WE you can not be as direct as you were with FIFA...a good rule of thumb in WE is when you have the ball and going to attack the defense never use the sprint button (r1) use the modified sprint (r2)...it is faster than normal dribbling but slower than sprint dribbling...it allows you to move at a good speed but at the same time have the ability to keep the ball close just in case you need to manuver around a defender...also when you are playing defense always use r1 to get ahead of the attacker and into good defense position to make the tackle

"p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG"

I have a tv tuner card so I can record it onto my computer. Good luck with the show.

[quote name='jdpimp'][quote name='CheapyD']
p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG.[/quote]

Well, I'll ReplayTV it, which I can then transfer to my computer, and then maybe I can do something with it from there. I'll try and see what I can do, but I've only had the ReplayTV since christmas and have yet to try this transfer thing out. So don't count on me, but I'll see what I can do... Also, I have a dvd burner so if I can't figure how to edit the video, maybe I'll just burn ya the dvd and let you or someone else try the editing. But on the same token, I don't have my dvd burner installed yet and so don't count on me for that either. But dammit, I'll try..... :)[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, we've now got two people saying they'll try to digitize it. Still...

We should have ANYONE with the needed parts (Tivo / ReplayTV / Tuner card and software) try to record the show...just in case something goes wrong with the two that have agreed to.

We all know how Windows can be...

[quote name='monkeyf1']CheapyD, how'd you get the gig? You know someone from the show? Good luck.[/quote]

I actually wondered the same thing.

[quote name='Pinnacle']Why do they want you on the show? Im just curious is all.[/quote]

because he is hot!!! woot woot

[quote name='Scrubking']Cool.

Anyway. good luck Cheapy.[/quote]

No pressure or anything Cheapy. :p

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Make sure to plug the site gratuitously. :D[/quote]

Though I am all in favor of this, my wallet kindly asks that you not plug the site gratuitously. Or maybe, do, but tell people not to buy stuff off of it untill
I have.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin'][quote name='Djlethal01']This is how got on the show....

http://www.coldpizza.tv/show.html[/quote]

Seems like every man, woman and child in philly could be on the show.[/quote]
:?:

Did you read the link? It says...

E-mail us if you live in the New York City area and are interested in playing and previewing Konami's forthcoming Winning Eleven 7 live in our studio this Thursday, 2/5/04 with our Gamers duo Sundance DiGiovanni and Eric Kolovson.

Philly != NYC

Cool.

I don't watch ESPN ever but I will definately check it out.

Did you check GameFAQs? GF usually has some kind of small walkthrough for every game. I haven't ever heard of the game. But then again I'm not a sports game fan, much less a soccer fan.

Anyhow, usually the small walkthroughs are more tip oriented than the large ones. Since it is a sports game and less heard of it will probably have a small walkthrough. Oddly that is a good thing.

You could also ask if anyone has any tips on the PS2 general board. The general boards usually have thousands of people that have played the most unknown games made.

I was assuming you had a GF account. But if you don't you need to be hit with some random blunt object.

bread's done
Back