CheapyD's Wii Fit Unboxing Video

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Dyreschlock, that's a Snatcher icon for your avatar, right? Man, I was obsessed with that game in 6th grade. Sigh... nostalgia...[/quote]

yep. i absolutely love that game.. brilliant story-telling for its time and amazing soundtrack. It was Hideo Kojima's break into immersive story-telling, and also one of Akira Yamaoka's first games too.

[quote name='dyreschlock']yep. i absolutely love that game.. brilliant story-telling for its time and amazing soundtrack. It was Hideo Kojima's break into immersive story-telling, and also one of Akira Yamaoka's first games too.[/quote]

It seriously was amazing... I'm half-afraid to ever play it again because I don't want to ruin my memories of it being pretty much incredible. But I don't have a Sega CD anymore anyway, and they never released the PS version here. I was going to import it (although my Japanese is pretty infantile), but it's tough to find.

And YES, the music was awesome. It's been so long, but I can still remember some of the tunes. That game totally gripped me. I'd just never played anything like it before. I remember being up past 2am finishing it, and in 6th grade with school the next day, that was late as hell! And I cried when it was over. :) It really moved me.

[quote name='gigan54']awesome shirt cheapy! where can I order one for myself?[/quote]

It really is cool!

I think he got it in Japan at the Lordly Gentleman Big and Tall Store. :) At least, it says something to that effect at the end of the video.

LMAO this was quite a good video especially this part "is that enough for the Fat American Audience or are they gonna have to support this, I dont know...." lol cheapyD good video btw loved it, need to watch that CAGcast.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Yeah, great job Cheapy...you unboxed a gigantic white plastic mousepad :D

Here's what I don't get: The Japanese are some of the healthiest and longest-lived human beings on earth.....why did they make this?

Leave it to Nintendo to come up with stuff like this. I'm anxiously awaiting Wii Jumprope.[/quote]

LOL to tell you the truth he is right it looks like a giant Mouse Pad.

here's a video for you all:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylfM_S4kxU[/media]

I swear, some of you guys are just so rude and immature *rolls eyes* My hat is off to anyone who wants to try and get fit, no matter what their weight... not to mention that weight doesn't always correlate with fitness. There are a lot of out of shape thin people out there :p

I have to question whether this game would actually get someone fit, though... I can't imagine breaking a sweat from what I've seen of this thing - seems like you'd do better to stick with DDR or Wii Sports boxing. This seems like it might be a lot less about losing weight and more about posture and limbering up?

[quote name='PleasantOne']I swear, some of you guys are just so rude and immature *rolls eyes* My hat is off to anyone who wants to try and get fit, no matter what their weight... not to mention that weight doesn't always correlate with fitness. There are a lot of out of shape thin people out there :p

I have to question whether this game would actually get someone fit, though... I can't imagine breaking a sweat from what I've seen of this thing - seems like you'd do better to stick with DDR or Wii Sports boxing. This seems like it might be a lot less about losing weight and more about posture and limbering up?[/quote]

True, true!

Yes, I do think it's more about limbering up and keeping fit. That's more the market in Japan rather than actual weight loss. But you never know.

Will you be posting the CAGCast for those of us who aren't able to listen to the live show? Great vid, and you are at least a C+ internet celebrity!

[quote name='Sejad']LMAO this was quite a good video especially this part "is that enough for the Fat American Audience or are they gonna have to support this, I dont know...." lol cheapyD good video btw loved it, need to watch that CAGcast.

LOL to tell you the truth he is right it looks like a giant Mouse Pad.

here's a video for you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylfM_S4kxU[/quote]
They guy smoking outside while doing it made that completely worthwhile

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']A video.
Of a guy opening a box.
And people watch it.[/quote]

And what holy task do you perform with your free time that so belittles our watching of CheapyD opening a box which contains a product we're interested in?

bread's done
Back