Cheating on 360 voice challenges.

Mrbaseball2710

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,
I don't know if this flies here so if it doen't Mods please delete.

I was thinking about getting five people to cheat with on those gamerpoints challenges. By doing a teir one worth 1600 ms points you can finish within a week. Each week a different person is allowed to win. After 5 weeks each person would have a free 1600 ms point code.

I would preferrably do this with people who are not attempting to get achievements much at the moment so that the person who wins does not need to earn many achievements. I am playing COD4 online right now and don't want to play other games for achievements so I came up with this.

Participants:
Mrbaseball2710
Danked
Mannysgoldglove- BigPickleMan
Swetooth9- a crispy donut
matt young

I have made the contest and would like to get started asap.
link:
http://www.360voice.com/join/HJ6Z2IS7

I know what your saying. Im down to do it. All I play is BF2 and soon COD4 online so I wont be getting many points for awhile. I would really like the 1600 points too

double lame. Cheesing by renting shit games like Avatar is bad enough, but couple with boosting makes these contests only winnable by the unethical.

Here's an idea, earn your gamerscore legitimately and claim your prize.

I'm down. Corvin, I don't see how it's unethical since it's not open to everyone, but rather the people that the creator chooses to allow to enter.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm down. Corvin, I don't see how it's unethical since it's not open to everyone, but rather the people that the creator chooses to allow to enter.[/QUOTE]

A fixed contest, even if its not open to everyone, is still unethical.

The OP is basically taking 5 prizes away from legitimate challenges. And being that the prizes are limited, its fucking sleezy. Pure and simple.

Yea guys, it may be a little unethical, but there is plenty worse one could do. We have 5 people so we can start. The order of winners is listed in the op and is based on who responded first. Thanks guys.

It's okay that I stole a car, other people commit murders.
Collaborating to cheat to up a virtual score in order to get a prize worth 17.99-19.99 is one of the saddest things I've heard. Probably worse than saving Avatar till day 7 of a challenge.
And the irony of asking for people who will cooperate--i.e., who won't cheat--on a plan to cheat is not lost on me. Fragile Alliance anyone?

[quote name='dtcarson']It's okay that I stole a car, other people commit murders.
Collaborating to cheat to up a virtual score in order to get a prize worth 17.99-19.99 is one of the saddest things I've heard. Probably worse than saving Avatar till day 7 of a challenge.
And the irony of asking for people who will cooperate--i.e., who won't cheat--on a plan to cheat is not lost on me. Fragile Alliance anyone?[/QUOTE]

I don't see how waiting to use Avatar until the last day of the challenge is unethical? It is a legit game with a game score. There is some strategy involved in a contest and waiting it out to use until the end would be strategy. Do you show other players your cards when playing poker before a showdown? When playing spades do you hold a trump card to make sure your team gets enough points? In Uno do you hold onto a wild card? If you want to argue that it is unfair to use at all I can see that but it is just as easy to get gamer points on some of the sports games out there and no one complains about that.

Maybe not unethical...just cheap. I don't play sports games so I don't know about how easy the achievements are. While I will try to get achievements on games I'm playing, I primarily play games I want to play, regardless of the achievements. I might work to get certain achievements in a game I'm playing and enjoying, but I'm not going to play a game I don't like or enjoy just for a quick, easy, cheesy 1000 gamerpoints. Using something like Avatar is cheap regardless, but waiting to whip out a game like Avatar on the last day is sort of adding insult to injury. And there's not much 'strategy' to renting a game from gamefly or blockbuster and playing it for two minutes.

I don't believe it will work because once you win in a certain tier, you can't win again. I would imagine that they would block you from entering that tier again.

[quote name='PyroGamer']The only thing lamer than participating in one of these contests is cheating at one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

MVP if you are interested please sign up, anyone else who is interested may sign up also, because we have two people who haven't signed up yet.

[quote name='ddrpower']I don't believe it will work because once you win in a certain tier, you can't win again. I would imagine that they would block you from entering that tier again.[/QUOTE]

This is QFT! Unless you have a large pool and add one person every time this will not work.

Couldn't you all just make new gamer tags each time. And enter in for the same tier everytime with new GT's?

If anyone else wants to make another one of these, I'd be down.

I thought this was going to be some constructive criticism of the challenges. Oh no, it's actually asking for people to cheat on them.

Brilliant.

bread's done
Back