Check your Amazon Gold Boxes - Fable 2, Wii Zapper

moonphrogg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey guys - I know that the gold box offers are kindof random, but on the off chance you got the same offers, I pre-ordered Fable 2 for $56.99 and got the Wii Zapper with Link's Crossbow Training for $18.99.

I have 5% off of Wii Ski. Don't be jealous.

I did have Gears of War 2 Limited Edition in my Gold Box the day it was announced, so obviously I already pre-ordered.

Yeah... mine is full of terrible manga that i'll never want. It's always the same stuff as well. I don't even read much manga... stupid amazon.

[quote name='abhinav']Yeah... mine is full of terrible manga that i'll never want. It's always the same stuff as well. I don't even read much manga... stupid amazon.[/quote]
Yeah, mine is full of dildos. I have no idea why.

The Zapper can be gotten for less at Target using the $5 coupon or at Best Buy using the 10% coupon.

[quote name='mephitical']Yeah, mine is full of dildos. I have no idea why.
[/quote]

Well, I guess if you browse for Jenna Jameson's Ass Wranglers Vol. 12....

[quote name='guyinga']Well, I guess if you browse for Jenna Jameson's Ass Wranglers Vol. 12....[/quote]
Or if you browse for dildos.

You can definitely manipulate your gold box to show things you want though, if you check out your recommendations and improve your recommendations. Amazon tends to look at what you've bought and browsed and uses that for recs...but you can opt to not use things. I only see video game stuff in my gold box now.

This was helpful my first time around: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=707149

Hope this helps.

No offense OP,but these "check your goldbox" threads are very pointless (but not as bad as the "with gco" and "wii available at" threads since these are less frequent)..If you know its random and only a discount of 5% (its always been a max of 5% off on video games in my experience) why even bother posting it? If everyone decided to post the video game "deals" of 5% in their goldbox CAG would be pretty shitty wouldn't it?

Sorry - didn't mean to raise the ire of my fellow CAGers. . .

I was mostly posting because I haven't seen any pre-order threads for Fable II yet and I thought that $56.99 wasn't a bad pre-order price. So. . .I figured that Fable II pre-orders were newly available and it would be a double-whammy if it turned up in your gold box.

I solemnly swear not to post gold box deals in the future.

Happy?

Yeah, this sucks as a deal thread, but I love the GCO deals. Why is everyone so against those? When I got SSBB for $34 like 2 weeks after it came out I was pretty damn happy.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']No offense OP,but these "check your goldbox" threads are very pointless (but not as bad as the "with gco" and "wii available at" threads since these are less frequent)..If you know its random and only a discount of 5% (its always been a max of 5% off on video games in my experience) why even bother posting it? If everyone decided to post the video game "deals" of 5% in their goldbox CAG would be pretty shitty wouldn't it?[/quote]

if GCO makes something on buy.com a deal, why not post it?

[quote name='kellehair']Yeah, this sucks as a deal thread, but I love the GCO deals. Why is everyone so against those? When I got SSBB for $34 like 2 weeks after it came out I was pretty damn happy.[/quote]

Agreed. The only caveat is that I prefer a poster to use a title such as:

"Game X Available at X Retailer $XX.XX ($XX.XX with GCO)"

If they're not misleading by only posting the GCO price in the title, I see no reason for them not to post it.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']if GCO makes something on buy.com a deal, why not post it?[/quote]
Because it irritates xxtheycallmedxx. Can't you read? Don't you know what a precious and dwindling resource digital real estate is? Some people are so ignorant.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']if GCO makes something on buy.com a deal, why not post it?[/quote]

I should have explained further...They should definitely post it,but put it in the thread title thats it a gco deal...Theres pepple would post gco deals without letting everyone know its only a deal via gco...This tends to get them flamed because the title is "misleading" and its not a "readily available" deal I guess..

The GCO deals never bothered me personally as imo they are "Deals" because they make the price cheaper...These "wii available" threads aren't deals imo becuase they don't make it any cheaper...We all know there CAN be hard to find if you just try and walk in during the day and get it...BUT we also know that if you willing to wake up abit early on a Sunday you CAN get one making all those threads we used to see (thank god its becomnig less and less of an issue) pointless...

These are just my opinions though as I'm sure I've made threads that other may have found useless or pointless also...

[quote name='mephitical']Because it irritates xxtheycallmedxx. Can't you read? Don't you know what a precious and dwindling resource digital real estate is? Some people are so ignorant.[/quote]

Although I didn't explain what I fully meant,where did I say it irritates me personally?? Your right about one thing though,some people definitely are ignorant mephitical....

bread's done
Back