Check your Best Buy backorders (mine were cancelled)

BrerDan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Well I'm disappointed!

I read that some folks were starting to get notices of $5 Best Buy games being shipped out, so I just logged in and checked on mine to see that my orders for Freedom Fighters and Haunted Mansion were cancelled. Darn! Of course this also follows getting the $10 Wario World in my cart today only to have it sell out before I finished. Oh well!

Anyhow, my point is to let you all know to check your orders. I apologize if I am posting in the wrong forum (I am still fairly new here).

Capcom-Devil May Cry 2 Greatest Hits-PlayStation 2

$4.99
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

Square Enix U.S.A., Inc-Final Fantasy Origins-PlayStation

$4.99
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00
$0.00

=(

oh well guess i won't have to worry about that $10 charge here one day gone the next thing was getting annoying wish they woulda just charged me $10 instead of charging it, cancelling, recharging every couple of days.

My SH2 and BGE for GC shipped but rest got cancelled oh well

Sadly, I must say that mine was also cancelled. Who would have guessed it?

I still say that this past month has been crazy in terms of great gaming deals. I have saved much, yet spent much. Ironic, huh? Anyway, I'd like to thank all of those who have posted great deals, CheapyD, and the entire CAG community for the success of this site.

Just checked, my Haunted Mansion (GCN) was cancelled. Oh well wasn't that excited about the game anyways. The rest of my orders already shipped.

Just to be sure I'm doing this right:

I go to bestbuy.com, and go into My Account. It shows recent orders on the page; that's where it says "InProcess". If I click the link for either the order number or "Track This Order" I go to the order details screen. Is that where it would indicate whether or not the order is cancelled?

For me it still says "backordered." The payment is also listed as a Temporary Authorization on my online credit card statement.

Hmm... they charged my credit card a couple days ago for FF origins. I know because they were having problems with the charge. I had to clal and have them charge me again. My item still shows as backorder though.

cancelled here too. They also cancelled one of my items from the anime sale the day after the $5 sale. It's in stock and everything, but good ole BB had a "shipping error" on their end. I called customer care and they refused to resell me the item at the sale price ($9 instead of $25). They did offer me a 10% discount on my next order though!!! What a crock....

I ordered Haunted Mansion GC, Devil May Cry 2, Final Fantasy Origins, and Enter the Matrix for GC around 10 am that morning the deals were posted. They all were on backorder and I just checked and they are all still on backorder. So far Best Buy hasn't cancelled the order, but I bet they will. It seems they always screw me by keeping the order the maximum amount of time before cancelling.

Yep Origins was cancelled for me too. I'm not too mad though since that copy was for a friend anyway. I managed to get 1 copy of that and Simcity 2000 for me earlier.

directly from their site....read on....

What is the backorder process?

If an item is on backorder, customers receive an e-mail letting them know an estimated arrival time. They can cancel it at that time or choose to wait for the item. Backorders remain active for 30 days. If they are not filled within 30 days, they automatically cancel. Customers can extend the backorder by contacting Customer Care. We will e-mail you 5 days before the backorder cancels to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. Extension periods vary by product. We will not charge your credit card until the item ships.

are they aloud to cancel it??? did you receive notice??? you might have have a legitimate complaint here

Those "In proccess" means the a part or the whole order hasnt been cancelled. If you go the details it will show whats back ordered and which one are cancelled. My order is "In proccess" but when I looked Indiana Jones was backordered and FF Origins was cancelled. Could care less, I have bought so much the past week this one was nothing.. plus I picked up a couple of $4.99 games on BB B&M anyway.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']directly from their site....read on....

What is the backorder process?

If an item is on backorder, customers receive an e-mail letting them know an estimated arrival time. They can cancel it at that time or choose to wait for the item. Backorders remain active for 30 days. If they are not filled within 30 days, they automatically cancel. Customers can extend the backorder by contacting Customer Care. We will e-mail you 5 days before the backorder cancels to ask if you would like to extend the backorder. Extension periods vary by product. We will not charge your credit card until the item ships.

are they aloud to cancel it??? did you receive notice??? you might have have a legitimate complaint here[/quote]

Yes BB is nototrious on doing this so most CAGs are not suprised.. yeah you have a legitimate complaint and they give you a whopping 10% off your next order!! whee

a whopping 10% isnt that bad when you can use it online with a $50 game...kinda like a ggc online...or you could use it on a high dollar item...whichever suits you

true cheap asses will go through the trouble for a .5% discount

Funnily enough, I went to buy GRave Of THe Fireflies on DVD at a local Best Buy earlier today, and looked it up on their website beforehand which has it listed for 19.99. When I went to purchase the DVD it was listed at 26.99 there. I asked if I could get the website price, acknowledging the fact that I could easily go home and purchase it on their website and come back and pick it up at 19.99, and that would be a big waste of time, they still refused to price match their website. Ridiculous..... needless to say I will not be buying shopping with them again due to being completely anti-customer...

yeah...in this one store near me, they dont even like acknowledging that their website exists

ive called 1800bestbuy or 1888bestbuy (whichever one it is) to complain about this bitch employee one time, and they said that theirs nothing they can do to an in-store employee....they said that the # i called was the online store # and that they personally dont really get along with the in-store ppl

They cancelled all the remaining games in my order, except for Sim City 2000 (GBA), which is still backordered. I guess I can't really complain, since I did get 15 games. Still, FF:Origins would have been nice.

My BG&E is still in process and backordered, I got an email prob like a week or so ago that said they were extending the backorder process. Anyone else get one of those?

Yesterday I posted my orders weren't cancelled, but today I rechecked and all 4 games I ordered were cancelled( Haunted Mansion GC, Devil May Cry 2, Final Fantasy Origins, and Enter the Matrix for GC). No e-mail or anything.

Bestbuy stores also have some kind of bestbuy.com they go to that looks nearly indentical but must be internal. I was in Chicago last year and when I checked bestbuy.com from my hotel room the dvd set I wanted was on sale for 42 down from 48. When I got to the store it wasn't discounted, and when I asked them to check the website the guy went to what looked exactly like bestbuy.com on his terminal but there was no sale. He told me it was the regular bestbuy.com but that was definately a lie. To make sure I wasn't crazy I phoned a friend back home and he saw it for the cheaper price online. So I had him log in as me and do an in-store pickup :)

[quote name='trustcompany1013']yeah...in this one store near me, they dont even like acknowledging that their website exists

ive called 1800bestbuy or 1888bestbuy (whichever one it is) to complain about this bitch employee one time, and they said that theirs nothing they can do to an in-store employee....they said that the # i called was the online store # and that they personally dont really get along with the in-store ppl[/quote]

bread's done
Back