Check your Bestbuy store - Pokemon games $39.99

hiamiyumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
123 (100%)
Went to local Besbuy store today and saw some Switch games on sale:

Pokemon Sword or Shield $39.99

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore $39.99

PS4 -The Legend of Hereos : Trails of Cold Steel III Early Enrollment Edition - $24.99 (Online price is $41.99)

Burnout Paradise Remastered (Switch) is on sale for $29.99. Ordered it for pickup. It looks like they're starting to allow people inside at some stores in NM.

I went to BB yesterday and was looking at the switch games and saw that Tokyo Mirage was only 39.99 on the label. I was surprised that it was on sale because it's a Nintendo title. I actually didn't believe it until I saw the price ring up at the register. If you check the website though it's strange that it only shows up digital at 59.99.

Never hurts to hunt around your store for clearance games. They can be way cheaper than on the website. Today I picked up Forager Switch for $13 ($21 online) and Lets Sing Country Xbox for $6.49 ($15 online). You can even do it if your store is poorly organized or games are locked up because the Best Buy app will show the in-store price if it can tell you are standing in one. ;)

Never hurts to hunt around your store for clearance games. They can be way cheaper than on the website. Today I picked up Forager Switch for $13 ($21 online) and Lets Sing Country Xbox for $6.49 ($15 online). You can even do it if your store is poorly organized or games are locked up because the Best Buy app will show the in-store price if it can tell you are standing in one. ;)
Oh wow good tip, did not know that. Thanks!

Same. I picked up the Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition bundle for $8 on PS4. On the website it’s listed as selling for $26.

My Best Buy had no price placards behind any of the Switch games, and hardly any of the PS4 games, so I was wary about the deal. But both Pokemon rang up $39.99. 

Maybe would bite on Tokyo Mirage if it hits $40 online. It did drop to $20 or so on Wii U, though, so would still be fairly expensive.

I got Dead Cells for Switch for $10.99. It wasn't marked, but I saw someone in a Discord server I belong to had bought it, so I knew to look for it.

Still $40 at my store. They might only be doing it at stores that have way too much stock. Mine got more than 600 for launch and we still have over half of them.
hmm, I will check mine that Pokémon and Tokyo for 40 last week when I get paid later this week. Fingers crossed!

This is definitely the weirdest YMMV clearance ive seen.

NSW Disgaea 4:

Website - $37.99

Store 1 - $20.99 

Store 2 - $41.99?!?! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Best buy prices ymmv.

Example, la-mulana 1 & 2 is $50.99 online, but in store was regular price for NS.
Anyone know if its worth picking up?

Picked up raiden v $16.99 NS

Trine 4 $9.49 NS

Langrisser 1 & 2 NS $37 match from GS

This is definitely the weirdest YMMV clearance ive seen.

NSW Disgaea 4:
Website - $37.99
Store 1 - $20.99
Store 2 - $41.99?!?!
Just to confirm, did you actually ring up the items in store? With so many video game price fluctuations, and heightened chaos due to Covid frenzy, games may ring up at the correct price, but no one updated the tiny card on the shelf. Some stores are much better then others about it.

I tried to use the app to check in store price while I was in store and it only showed me the online price. Anyone have a screenshot of what it's supposed to look like while in store?

I just came from my best buy and there was no markdown on anything mentioned . Only one that was on sale was bomberman for switch .

I was looking for what the in store price is supposed to look like in the app. Not all items were tagged correctly at the 3 stores I went to, but the app may give you the correct price at all times. Instead the app only showed me the online price at each store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking for what the in store price is supposed to look like in the app. Not all items were tagged correctly at the 3 stores I went to, but the app may give you the correct price at all times. Instead the app only showed me the online price at each store.

I tried the app and it shows the best buy online prices.

The only reason i know the games prices from the placement price tags.

bread's done
Back