Check your email. All Killer Instinct characters unlocked for free. XBOX ONE

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!
You're a fan of us and we're a fan of you.
We want to show you our appreciation, so we're giving you:

KILLER INSTINCT

We've unlocked all characters so you can hit the ground running.

Watch your inbox on November 22 for instructions on how to claim your free gift.

Don't worry, we'll remind you.

We wouldn't be here without you,
and we know you'll do amazing
things on Xbox One.
Thank you from Xbox Live.
Jump ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont spend much on XBLA but I spend a lot on physical copies of games and have a 98.6k Gamerscore. I got the email yesterday.

Very cool thing giving away games and consoles to people.  Free consoles!  Wish I was a winner, but just very cool anyone got one.  Bravo MS.  

Nothing on my end yet, been a member 10 yrs, and paid up through 2016... Hopefully....

Well this is pretty annoying. XBL Member since Day 1. Owned like 3 360s. No Email. 
Maybe an obnoxious "I've been with you since the beginning" "breakup"  email would net me a free console? I'm poor..

My codes going on eBay on launch day.

I'm sure these will be worth quiet a little penny. Might even be able to add some 360 games I dont have to my collection.

My personal opinion is they used a formula of Gamerscore and (not or) Tenure, example:

5 years XBL gold minimum plus 80,000+ Gamerscore

The two major factors is that XBL tenure = loyalty and Gamerscore = how many games you purchased (I know the used / rent can affect it)

I do a lot of Database Mkt as an Ad Director, time on device or how many friends someone has doesnt help their businesses bottom line directly.

What code? The KI stuff is tagged straight to your account and even if it wasn't its worth £9.99
well that sucks. Since I'm not getting an xbone, kinda figured id at least be able to get some old 360 sports titles.

wish I hadn't won now...

FWIW 34K gamerscore and 4 year tenure got me the console and more. This seems to counter the high GS and tenure theory.
200k gamerscore, 7 yr tenure --> only got free game

:(

Maybe they thought I would buy an XB1 on my own? Lol. F that. I'm already 99% leaning towards a PS4 whenever Destiny is set to launch...

People should be listing how much money they've spent on live, or the amount per time ratio. How many hours they play a day. How many friends they play with regularly. How long they use the apps, how many movies/songs/etc they've purchased.
I've spent hundereds of dollars and have been a live member for 7 years without ever dropping to silver. I didn't get anything. I doubt that how much you've spent has anything to do with it.

FWIW 34K gamerscore and 4 year tenure got me the console and more. This seems to counter the high GS and tenure theory.
Wow. That's just....wow. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you got it, but it really is random, even though they said something totally different on Twitter.

My personal opinion is they used a formula of Gamerscore and (not or) Tenure, example:

5 years XBL gold minimum plus 80,000+ Gamerscore

The two major factors is that XBL tenure = loyalty and Gamerscore = how many games you purchased (I know the used / rent can affect it)

I do a lot of Database Mkt as an Ad Director, time on device or how many friends someone has doesnt help their businesses bottom line directly.
how would it - unless you buy all your games thru games on demand + how would you know?...

You know whats funny to me

Xbox hasnt mailed me in over 2 weeks and the first email I get from them is to sign up for project spark beta :p

Oh well, IN FOR THE BETA!

You know whats funny to me

Xbox hasnt mailed me in over 2 weeks and the first email I get from them is to sign up for project spark beta :p

Oh well, IN FOR THE BETA!
After seeing your message I checked my inbox. I used to receive about 5-7 emails a month. And now I haven't received a single one since April. Weird. Is that when the rewards program went down?

This is sure to piss some people off, but browsing through TrueAchievements, I've come across two people on my friends of friends of friends lists who have been banned on TA for Gamerscore cheating/hacking who won a free One. (You can still use and post on TA after being banned from stat tracking.) Now unless said people are lying, that is straight up wrong on so many levels.

So Gamerscore hacking = free One, but downloading stuff from foreign marketplaces = permaban?

In the past it seems MS only cares if you GS hack any Halo or Gears games, everything else is fair game such as the Texas Hold'Em leaderboard where the top 5 people have over 9 million royal flushes! Or the Track & Field LB where many people won a race in 0.05 seconds!

You know, I haven't received an email from XBox in a long time. I wonder if I got one but it never got to me. I wonder if I can check with them.

This is sure to piss some people off, but browsing through TrueAchievements, I've come across two people on my friends of friends of friends lists who have been banned on TA for Gamerscore cheating/hacking who won a free One. (You can still use and post on TA after being banned from stat tracking.) Now unless said people are lying, that is straight up wrong on so many levels.

So Gamerscore hacking = free One, but downloading stuff from foreign marketplaces = permaban?

In the past it seems MS only cares if you GS hack any Halo or Gears games, everything else is fair game such as the Texas Hold'Em leaderboard where the top 5 people have over 9 million royal flushes! Or the Track & Field LB where many people won a race in 0.05 seconds!
FYI just because your banned on TA doesn't mean you voluntarily cheated. If you join a hacked game in Left for Dead 2 or COD: WAW for example, all achievements will unlock. Is it your fault for quick searching and joining a hacked lobby? No because you don't know you are in a hacked lobby until achievements pop up for no reason. I would know as I was a victim. TA bans you whether you voluntarily joined or not.

And just so you know, I find stealing to be a bigger crime and form of punishment.

I've been a live member for 11 years...just 2 months from the beginning. 3 consoles (5 total if you count the 2 RRODs on my bookshelf), more than 200 games, more than 50 arcade games.

Yea, I'm a little disappointed. I would actually prefer to know that it is truly random, rather than Microsoft pulling a certain criteria.  Especially when you see the posted emails thanking the winners for their business...even that gesture, with a "sorry you were not randomly selected" would have been nice.  I didn't even get a free car in Forza!

Are you kidding or not? If you do it, so will me and many others.
Ya I'm serious, being an ambassador/enforcement team member is a complete waste of time as a gamer. Absolutely 0 perks and to add insult to injury MS randomly gives away free stuff to others instead of the ones who are contributing voluntarily to their company? Just don't sound right to me.

Is this game even going to get a physical release? This was the one game I was really looking forward too on the Xbox One, sad to say I never got an email for this either. =(

Ya I'm serious, being an ambassador/enforcement team member is a complete waste of time as a gamer. Absolutely 0 perks and to add insult to injury MS randomly gives away free stuff to others instead of the ones who are contributing voluntarily to their company? Just don't sound right to me.
I guess the arcade games, avatar items, and gold time don't count as perks to you. Just being an ambassador won't get you anything. Actively contributing as an ambassador will.

Wait maybe I might get it, op says watch your inbox on 11/22 for instructions. I might have deleted the email, but maybe I'll get the instructions email.

What is email senders name for this email so I can add it to my contacts?

I guess the arcade games, avatar items, and gold time don't count as perks to you. Just being an ambassador won't get you anything. Actively contributing as an ambassador will.
How do you join the ambassador team? I would like to read up on it and may be interested depending on what the requirements are.

How do you join the ambassador team? I would like to read up on it and may be interested depending on what the requirements are.
There's a website you can apply at (can't get link atm). They let almost anybody in now as long as your Xbox account is clean and are over a certain age.

They will probably have a double XP weekend soon to help with Xbox One questions.

There's a website you can apply at (can't get link atm). They let almost anybody in now as long as your Xbox account is clean and are over a certain age.

They will probably have a double XP weekend soon to help with Xbox One questions.
What would double exp do for an ambassador? Also do you know what to search so I can find the right website? Much appreciated thanks.

What would double exp do for an ambassador? Also do you know what to search so I can find the right website? Much appreciated thanks.
As you answer questions using the Xbox forums or instant message chats, you get experience points for how they rate you. As you level up, you unlock rewards like arcade games, avatar items, or months of gold. It's not easy to unlock the prizes. You need to have a lot of time and patience.

https://ambassadors.xbox.com/

I agree and think the reason I got the package with the console and extras is for being an Ambassador.

Man I just played the demo for this at the Xbox One Tour and it's really fun. More reason to be disappointed I didn't get the email. I've thought about caving and buying the year of live with all the character unlocks card but I'm holding off until release to see what the final pricing/bundle options are.

Man I just played the demo for this at the Xbox One Tour and it's really fun. More reason to be disappointed I didn't get the email. I've thought about caving and buying the year of live with all the character unlocks card but I'm holding off until release to see what the final pricing/bundle options are.
This tells more about the pricing, but neglects the pin ultimate edition:

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/killer-instinct-xbox-one-hands-on-preview--10081.html

MattZack wrote:
This tells more about the pricing, but neglects the pin ultimate edition:

http://www.gaminguni...iew--10081.html
That helps. Didn't know that the original KI gets thrown in the mix at $40. Makes it much less heinous. Sounds like my best bet is actually the one year card for $60 if it comes with everything the $40 package comes with plus a bonus character. The ultimate pin might be better if the season pass doesn't come with the live card version and the content ends up being pricy. Still need more info to decide.

So I just got a free XB1 from this promotion.  I just went over 300K gamerscore a few weeks ago and have been a member of XBL since 2004 before Halo 2 came out.  I have played a crap ton of games, as working in a local mom and pop gamestore for most of the system lifespan did have benefits.

MattZack wrote:That helps. Didn't know that the original KI gets thrown in the mix at $40. Makes it much less heinous. Sounds like my best bet is actually the one year card for $60 if it comes with everything the $40 package comes with plus a bonus character. The ultimate pin might be better if the season pass doesn't come with the live card version and the content ends up being pricy. Still need more info to decide.

That does not come with the full game. In the live you only get Shadow Jago.

That does not come with the full game. In the live you only get Shadow Jago.
It says it comes with:

Xbox One Killer Instinct: Round One Digital Game

Playable with Exclusive Shadow Jago Character

I assume that means it at least comes with the characters. Why would they mention it comes with the game if it only included the character? Just the bonus character seems like a complete ripoff, but that doesn't mean that's not the case. I guess I'll need to look into it more before launch to find out what I want.

oh boohoo, they are releasing a game people probably will play for years for free.  A game they could charge $60 for mind you.  Instead they decide to release it for free with minimal characters so people can test it out to see if they want to invest more money into it.

bread's done
Back