Cheetahmen: The Creation (NES) 50% Off with Purchase

neifirst

CAGiversary!
Cheetahmen: The Creation is half off if you add $99 to your reward pledge level #4, #5, #6 or #7 in the Cheetahmen II: The Lost Levels Kickstarter.

The details regarding this are as follows (all caps warning!):

WE HAVE HAD A LARGE NUMBER OF BACKERS ASK US ABOUT A REWARD THAT INCLUDED CHEETAHMEN:THE CREATION, AND OF COURSE, THEY WANTED A "DEAL".

SO HERE GOES:

ANYONE WHO PLEDGED FOR REWARD #4, #5, #6 OR #7 MAY INCREASE THEIR PLEDGE TOTAL BY $99 AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE CREATION THAT WILL HAVE A MATCHING HOLOGRAM SERIAL NUMBER TO THEIR LOST LEVELS GAME. IF YOUR REWARD LEVEL INCLUDED AUTOGRAPHED COPIES, THE BONUS GAME WILL BE AUTOGRAPHED TOO.

THIS IS A FULL GAME AND GAMEBOX SET.

THERE WILL BE NO ADDED CHARGES FOR FREIGHT ON THIS BONUS ITEM.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING BUT RETURN TO YOUR PLEDGE AND INCREASE THE AMOUNT BY $99. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHANGE THE REWARD SELECTED. AT THE END OF THE PROJECT, WE WILL POLL ALL BACKERS FOR SHIPPING INFO AND TO CONFIRM THE "EXTRAS AND BONUSES".

It's pricey for a "deal", but if you're a collector, these are some rare, interesting NES games. The Kickstarter has been fully-funded, so you WILL be charged for the items come September 6th.

[quote name='$hady']Half off if you add $99....

fuck you OP, damn litter bugs.[/QUOTE]

The normal price of Cheetahmen: The Creation is $200. I'm sure you can figure out the rest for yourself.

Some or most of these kickstarter's(,why should we use our own $$$ when we could find a few suckers to help fund us) are just another form of internet/digital begging. Maybe I should start a kickstarter to help someone pay off the good amount of debt I owe.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Or pay much less for a game that not only looks a hell of a lot better but is much more deserving of the funding: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/project-giana/project-giana

4 days left and still needs just under $25k. Thanks to TheLongshot for bringing that to my/our attention in the Giana Sisters DS thread[/QUOTE]
I love the Giana Sisters and that indeed does look like a fun game, but I wish they could've done something a bit more original. I guess that's silly considering the game's origins, but meh.

[quote name='yobaburp']Some or most of these kickstarter's(,why should we use our own $$$ when we could find a few suckers to help fund us) are just another form of internet/digital begging. Maybe I should start a kickstarter to help someone pay off the good amount of debt I owe.[/QUOTE]
You can't; it would never get approved. You could do that on Indiegaga, though. I know you're not being entirely serious, but people have made quite a bit of money by doing similar things. One woman got something like $600,000 for a vacation.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You can't; it would never get approved. You could do that on Indiegaga, though. I know you're not being entirely serious, but people have made quite a bit of money by doing similar things. One woman got something like $600,000 for a vacation.[/QUOTE]

Was she hot?

Not from what I remember. She was a bit of a dumpy older woman, I believe, but people felt bad for her because one of the kids on her bus (she was the driver) punched her or something. I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

EDIT: It looks like she was just a monitor, not the driver. And I guess there was only verbal abuse, not physical. And apparently it was $700,000...
http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZombieToast']Not from what I remember. She was a bit of a dumpy older woman, I believe, but people felt bad for her because one of the kids on her bus (she was the driver) punched her or something. I clearly didn't pay enough attention.

EDIT: It looks like she was just a monitor, not the driver. And I guess there was only verbal abuse, not physical. And apparently it was $700,000...
http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh, THAT woman. haha. If that hadn't become a huge deal in the media for all of a week, she probably wouldn't have scored 1/100 of that. Not to say she didn't deserve a good time after that humiliation, but... it's funny how these things work.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']This is largely for hardcore collectors with money to burn. I doubt anybody is actually getting this to play it.[/QUOTE]

this will never have value as a collectable

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]

My company did a campaign for our game, Saturday Morning RPG, and we've finished the game. We've got most of the remaining rewards in the packing phase right now. So yes, Kickstarter is not a scam and most of these people WILL follow through.

Still more proof that people would pile all their money up in the yard and set fire to it if someone asked them to do so via Kickstarter.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol:I think I speak for a good portion of the CAG community when I say that Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site forever. Most of them are for vaporware or crap that looks absolutely horrendous, but yet sucke....errrrr I mean 'gamers' fall for these things all the time.

Have any of these Kickstarter projects even been completed and the people who pledged to get them going received their products yet?[/QUOTE]

You don't speak for me either.

Hundreds of Kickstarters have been completed and the people have received their products. This isn't a fly by night thing, they have been doing this for years. It only recently came to the attention of the gaming community because of Tim Schafer's kickstarter.

The bottom line is that some games (and other products) just can't get funding the traditional way for whatever reason, so they are getting funding this route. If people believe in the product then they will support them with their dollars. The thing is you have to be careful with what you put your money towards...like anything. There are some major vets in the business (Brian Fargo, Jordan Weisman, Al Lowe) who are putting together products that they have been trying to make for years but weren't able to do it with publishers. Kickstarter opened up an avenue that will allow then to market directly to the consumer to get the end result.

While there may be some people out there looking to make a quick buck or deliver an inferior product, you will find that anywhere. You have to be smart and only invest in Kickstarters that are either:

a) Created by trustworthy industry veterans
b) sound interesting enough that you wish to support
c) have a low enough entry that you are willing to deal with the loss (say, if it's like $10 you would be more willing to write it off)

I met with the creators of the site earlier in the year at PAX east and they had hundreds of people there (at their panel) that were overwhelmed at the potential the site had. They also had many people there that promoted their creations that wouldn't have happened without Kickstarter. (The awesome card game "Cards Against Humanity" for example)

The Cheetahman issue is simply a niche thing. Kind of like the restoration of Manos: The Hands of Fate. Why would someone invest in something so crappy? Well, because some people just enjoy things that others consider terrible. It's as simple as that.

No one is twisting your arm to invest in anything Kickstarter. It is there for the people who want them. The only thing I can see as wrong was this being posted in the wrong forum.

So no, I don't think Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site simply because 1 person doesn't understand how the whole thing works.

[quote name='dkcecil']So no, I don't think Kickstarter threads should be banned from the site simply because 1 person doesn't understand how the whole thing works.[/QUOTE]

People keep aiming for the wrong issue when they voice their complaints about Kickstarter and that invites comments like this which try to deflect attention from the main issue:

Countless e-panhandling threads on every gaming site, including this site which is presumably about pro-consumer practices (Kickstarter is not one of these), are remarkably irritating. It was cute back when Tim Schaefer was raising millions, but now everybody wants to hop on the gravy train and has been doing so for months at this point.

I don't think they should be banned from the site - instead, I think they would be much easier to endure if they were segregated to their own section of the forum. They're certainly not deals.

bread's done
Back