Chibi-Robo $14.99 @ Sears

[quote name='ItoBandito']Awesome! Compusa had it online so I ordered it, only to get an email later saying it was not in stock. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Looks like a universal price drop (?). Maybe it would be better to wait until BB has it - get it for $10

[quote name='horrido']Looks like a universal price drop (?). Maybe it would be better to wait until BB has it - get it for $10[/QUOTE]
How exactly would that work? GGC is for 19.99 and up games.

Sold out already? I tried ordering and says it's out of stock!!

Just praying Battalion Wars, Fire Emblem, and Chibi Robo have universal price drops. All of these B&M deal are killing me.

[quote name='horrido']Looks like a universal price drop (?). Maybe it would be better to wait until BB has it - get it for $10[/QUOTE]

I don't get what is happening with these games. It seems unlikely Nintendo would officially drop these games to $15. Maybe what this means is that PC versions are coming for all of these (Chibi, FE, Battalion Wars) and they are just clearing out the "regular" versions. Still, it is very strange - you'd think they could have just lowered them to $20. If just one store had done this it would make sense, but we're up to 3 now (GC, CC, Sears). Oh well... I got all these games for $29.99 at release using the Gamerush preorder deal. I have yet to open Batallion Wars, but I've completed Fire Emblem and gotten about half way through Chib-Robo. Those two for sure are worth the $15 price. And if a PC version really is coming, you might as well get the original label game for $5 less (than what the PC version will be)!

and on that note. with all the backlog of goodness on current GameCube, PS2, and Xbox to playthrough.

I think I can wait for many years when considering Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii. I could probably wait till the end of their life-cycles and pick those up cheap 5 -6 years from now.

exception is Resident Evil 5, that's gonna be hard to resist.

[quote name='io']I don't get what is happening with these games. It seems unlikely Nintendo would officially drop these games to $15. Maybe what this means is that PC versions are coming for all of these (Chibi, FE, Battalion Wars) and they are just clearing out the "regular" versions. Still, it is very strange - you'd think they could have just lowered them to $20. If just one store had done this it would make sense, but we're up to 3 now (GC, CC, Sears). Oh well... I got all these games for $29.99 at release using the Gamerush preorder deal. I have yet to open Batallion Wars, but I've completed Fire Emblem and gotten about half way through Chib-Robo. Those two for sure are worth the $15 price. And if a PC version really is coming, you might as well get the original label game for $5 less (than what the PC version will be)![/quote]
I was just about to make an utter fool of myself by saying that there is no way PC versions of these games would come out, thinking personal computer. I was about to go into a rant about Nintendo published games never getting PC releases (as in Windows based counterparts, not Players Choice) and discuss the current state of cross platform games to back up my point.

So why am I still admitting this having caught myself prior to posting this foolishness? Well, I had a good laugh at myself and maybe soneone else will find humor in my retardation...

That said, it IS odd that these would drop from 50 to 15. I've never seen stores price games that are about to be PC or GH lower to get rid of them only to raise the price back 20 19.99 when the new copies come in with the corresponding labels. My only thought is that Gamecube is in quite a different place than PS2 and Xbox as far as business and market share go. Just about anywhere I go that carries games has a pathetically small selection in comparison to PS2 and Xbox. There just aren't nearly as many third party titles for the system and not as many people buying games for the system as the other guys. Perhaps this has something to do with the odd price drops. As great as these Cube games are, they are alot more likely to sit on shelves for a lot longer than far inferior Xbox and PS2 games.

I am not one to complain. I love my Cube but have given it very little love for nearly a year now. I'm glad that so many games that I've wanted for a long time are dropping all over now. Which reminds me, I need to head up to Fry's and see if they still have some copies of Jungle Beat with Bongos left...

-Cheap Dumb-Ass Gamer

[quote name='io']I don't get what is happening with these games. It seems unlikely Nintendo would officially drop these games to $15. Maybe what this means is that PC versions are coming for all of these (Chibi, FE, Battalion Wars) and they are just clearing out the "regular" versions. Still, it is very strange - you'd think they could have just lowered them to $20. [/QUOTE]

hey i was surprised when they drop the Naruto game from $40 to $20. only to find out being Players Choice. but dropping to $15 from the $50 is something that is so strange to me. I mean Chibi Robo came out this year, dropping like that to $15 is something strange to me.

Reality's Fringe;2232919 said:
Killer 7 kind of did the same thing. It's $14.99 in almost all stores, so I'm assuming Chibi sold like shit, just like Killer 7.

Killer 7 is $9.99 clearanced at TRU; just in case anyone still wanted it. TRU (101 x McKee, San Jose, CA) has at least 2-3 copies this past weekend.

all these great titles at such low, low prices. I'm waiting for nex-gen clearances before I pick up anything anymore. It's great to be a CAG!

[quote name='writimagination']That said, it IS odd that these would drop from 50 to 15. I've never seen stores price games that are about to be PC or GH lower to get rid of them only to raise the price back 20 19.99 when the new copies come in with the corresponding labels. My only thought is that Gamecube is in quite a different place than PS2 and Xbox as far as business and market share go. Just about anywhere I go that carries games has a pathetically small selection in comparison to PS2 and Xbox. There just aren't nearly as many third party titles for the system and not as many people buying games for the system as the other guys. Perhaps this has something to do with the odd price drops. As great as these Cube games are, they are alot more likely to sit on shelves for a lot longer than far inferior Xbox and PS2 games.
[/QUOTE]

Well, there was that case of Best Buy clearancing out Paper Mario 1000 Year Door for $9.99, then bumping it back up to $19.99 when the PC version came out. I thought that was odd, and totally unnecessary, as they could have sold them all at $20 (when everyone else had it still for $50) and made more money. That is the only reason I thought PC versions might be coming. I would think Fire Emblem sold OK, and possibly Chibi-Robo (I don't think it compares to Killer 7). I dunno, I know I bought them right when they came out, so I assumed everyone else with a 'cube did too :D (Yes, I know that's not true as evidenced here). But there have been so few releases that when quality ones come around I would think most GC people would jump on them, making them qualify for PC pretty quickly.

We'll see what happens. I would think a simple drop to $20 (if not a $30 drop in between) would have been sufficient for these games, whether they go PC or not. $15 is just wierd. Now, of course, all the games I HAVE been waiting for (I'm looking at YOU Odama) are not part of this bizarre clearance. (There are others too, but mostly cross-platform stuff like all the movie-licenced kids games that I want for $10 or less like Ice Age 2, Over The Hedge, etc).

I went to check out the Sears in Greendale, WI after reading reports of Chibi-Robo and Fire Emblem dropping to $15. They had a few copies of each game locked inside a glass case. The marked price: $49.99. I asked a sales associate if he could check the prices, and both scanned for $14.99.

As for why Nintendo would drop the games to such an odd price point... This is merely speculation on my part, but maybe they're making one last push to get people to buy a Gamecube before the Wii streets in November?

Theres 3 in Sears in Marlborough MA at the Solomon Pond Mall. No I will not pick them up for you, this is for people who want to drive there.

And no, they aren't marked as 15, I had the employee scan it.

I went to sears and saw it marked 50.00 but they scanned it at 14.99. I decided to buy fire emblem instead at 14.99.

bread's done
Back