Chibi-Robo (GC) $14.99 at CC (B&M only)

CrashMog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Apologies if this has been posted already, but a quick forum search didn't turn it up...

Title says it all: Chibi-Robo is $14.99 at Circuit City stores, in line with the GameCrazy deal.

Circuitcity.com shows the discounted price, but notes that it's only available in stores. I just got back from picking up my copy to verify, since I've been waiting for a good price on this for awhile now. ^_^

Happy hunting!

I picked up Chibi Robo, Battalion Wars, and Fire Emblem, all for $15 today (and a copy of Shadow of Rome for PS2 for $13ish).

All three show as out of stock at my CC, and all three were actually there-all three hidden behind other games. All three were marked as $50. All three got great reviews too. I've been dying to play Chibi Robo all year, but I just can't justify $50 for a single game.

Anyway, don't believe CC's web site if it says these are out of stock.

Chibi Robo is also $15 at Sears. I went to the Sears in Woodfield during my lunch break in search of a DS/GBA Action Replay so I can play with my Animal Crossing save and I just happened to spot it. Picked up a copy for $16.30 after tax... I'm not sure if it's just one location.

got 3 battalion wars and 2 custom robo for sale or trade if you're in the fremont area...looking for aw:ds(new) or Mario Baseball!!!

Grabbed (2) copies of Chibi-Robo from the Muskegon, MI store. They had at least (2) copies left as of yesterday. Thanks OP! The game is great. Definately worth $15!

If anybody lives near the Holyoke, MA area, they had 1 copy of Chibi-Robo on the shelf. I was gonna buy it, but put it back cause it's not my type of game and my wallet was getting lighter and lighter and ran dry. Instead I bought Battlion Wars, Shadow of Collasus, and Mortal Kombat Deception, total came to $40 which ain't too bad.

There was still a copy of Chibi Robo left at the Flint, MI CC (on Miller Rd.), 4 FE and 3 BW. I didn't get either of the other ones as neither are really my game style, but if someone is looking, I can check the next tiem I'm up there to see if there are any left. Just let me know.

I honestly don't think it makes sense to get Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars since both will get Wii sequels and if you waited this long to get these ones, you might as well wait till the sequels are close to this price so you can benefit from the improvements.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I honestly don't think it makes sense to get Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars since both will get Wii sequels and if you waited this long to get these ones, you might as well wait till the sequels are close to this price so you can benefit from the improvements.[/quote]

but that's akin to saying, "don't bother buying Metal Gear Solid 1 when Metal Gear Solid 2 is out". they're two different games. a lot of times, i play a sequel or current-gen game, only to go back and play the older games in the series, and have yet to be disappointed. plus, at 15 bucks a pop for new games, you can buy 3 current-gen titles for the price of one Wii game. there's no comparison. now add to that the fact that, by all accounts, the Wii's graphics and sound are not significantly better than those of the GC, and you have one more reason to pick up the old games. if the new stuff isn't going to blow us away visually or aurally, we're left with gameplay. and if you've got a GC game with noted excellent gameplay or storyline, why not pick it up??

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I honestly don't think it makes sense to get Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars since both will get Wii sequels and if you waited this long to get these ones, you might as well wait till the sequels are close to this price so you can benefit from the improvements.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same sorta thing, but I picked up BAttalion Wars used for $12.99 anyway.

Well, your argument is 100% right, but I don't personally find that it applies that much to either Fire Emblem or Battalion Wars...

Why? Well, because the gameplay in Fire Emblem series is very consistent...The only variation is the story and in this case cinematics and stuff, but I don't know if people are that swayed by the plots in this series, based on reviews/opinions (haven't played more than a couple minutes so wouldn't know myself)...an analogy to Mega Man Battle Network would be more appropriate.

As for Battallion Wars, granted the Wii-sequel's campaign will be all new, but it will add multiplayer, something most reviewers said was sorely lacking in the original. But of course, if you LIKE the games or the series its from, then by all means 15 is a good price. If you're just out to get a deal and not particularly invested in these series, then why not wait till the sequels. Chibi-Robo is the kind of game that might not see a second console release stateside due to lack of interest among American gamers...

At least 6-7 Chibi Robos left at Altoona, PA CC. I grabbed one, but passed on Fire Emblem. 2-3 Fire Emblems as well. Sounds awesome, but I just don't have the time for two new games. Heck, I don't have time for one new game, or the 15+ unopened games in my entertainment center, but I played a Chibi Robo demo and absolutely loved it. Thnks for the info, OP!

I snagged a couple extras if anyone here didnt get one or doesnt have access. If not theyll go back next week.

With CC it seems they are clearing it out. I called one store to check to see if they had it and they gave me the "its not in the book so we dont carry it anymore" shtick.

If they still have the $50 price tag will the computer ring it up at $15? I was a dumbass and forgot to bring the printouts.

My store had a bunch of Battalion Wars, but no FE or Chibi.

Would trade a Battalion wars for a FE if anyone is interested - please PM

I picked one up at atlantic terminal.The store locator is dead wrong stating "Not currently available",that store have many copies of Chibi.Atlantic Terminal also have tons of Suikoden tactics and battalion wars.there no more fire emblem I took the final copy.

No clue. It's worth a shot, though. That would be a sweet deal.

[quote name='lawdood']hmmmm...and will that be 30% off in stores starting tonmorrow?[/quote]

bread's done
Back