Chicago Area Meijer Stores-Buy 1, Get 1 75% Off

heffaji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
No, I didn't mistype in the title. Normally Meijer has their standard B1G1 50% off, but I received an ad in the mail for all Chicago Meijer stores stating a B1G1 75% on all video game software of equal or lesser value is in effect. The offer is good for June 15 and 16th.

HOLY fuck-sticks!
The only Meijer I know how to get to is in Shaumburg. And that's quite a trek from Gurnee. Can anyone give me a closer location? Their website is of no use, since I still don't know my way around.

Here is the list of all Chicago Meijers, or at least the ones listed in the ad:

Bolingbrook-Weber Rd & Boughton Rd
Aurora-Route 59 & Liberty
St. Charles-Randall Rd and Route 38
Elgin-Randall Rd & College Green Rd
Algonquin-Randall Rd & Stonegate Rd
Boughton Rd-Boughton Rd at I-355
McHenry-Richmond Rd & McCullon Lake Rd
Bloomingdale-Gary Ave & Schick Rd
Rolling Meadows-Algonquin & Golf Rd

I'm going to stop by the Meadows location on my way to school later tonight. Not sure what I may pick up, but hopefully they have a good selection.

If I would have known this, I would have made a trip to Chicago because I've been meaning to, since there are numerous things I also wanted to purchase some Bulls stuff. Oh well, the deal sounds excellent.

[quote name='heffaji']No, I didn't mistype in the title. Normally Meijer has their standard B1G1 50% off, but I received an ad in the mail for all Chicago Meijer stores stating a B1G1 75% on all video game software of equal or lesser value is in effect. The offer is good for June 15 and 16th.[/QUOTE]

I was just told by a Meijer customer service representative at the rolling meadows store that this sale is not in effect, but they did have a super Saturday sale last week. I was going to go but I wanted to confirm first because it is about a 45 minute drive from my house depending on traffic. I think might be misleading.

Anyone can confirm this deal is national or just a freakish local sale? I tried to call but got put on hold, and finally hung up. Didn't wanna waste my daytime minutes. I'll prolly swing by their after work in the morning.

[quote name='flybrione']I was just told by a Meijer customer service representative at the rolling meadows store that this sale is not in effect, but they did have a super Saturday sale last week. I was going to go but I wanted to confirm first because it is about a 45 minute drive from my house depending on traffic. I think might be misleading.[/QUOTE]

The CSR is WRONG -- the sale is in full effect at the Rolling Meadows store, with signs displayed by the games, and the price reduction displayed on the checkout computer screens automatically.

I just returned from that store hoping for a Kirby/Goldeneye DS two-fer, but the games are not in stock yet. So instead, I got a bunch of 14.99~19.99 games: Mega Man X:Command Mission (GC), Goldeneye:Rogue Agent (XB), Virtual Pool (XB), and Pirates of the Carribean (XB) for about 50 total.

I already have most of what is out in the stores anyway, so I was grasping for straws. But I'll be damned if I didn't walk outta the store with at least some CAGs.

[quote name='Luckychunk']The CSR is WRONG -- the sale is in full effect at the Rolling Meadows store, with signs displayed by the games, and the price reduction displayed on the checkout computer screens automatically.

I just returned from that store hoping for a Kirby/Goldeneye DS two-fer, but the games are not in stock yet. So instead, I got a bunch of 14.99~19.99 games: Mega Man X:Command Mission (GC), Goldeneye:Rogue Agent (XB), Virtual Pool (XB), and Pirates of the Carribean (XB) for about 50 total.

I already have most of what is out in the stores anyway, so I was grasping for straws. But I'll be damned if I didn't walk outta the store with at least some CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm it as well, also from the Rolling Meadows store. Like he said, signs were everywhere. I picked myself up:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes($19)
Second Sight($19)
SabreWulf($19)
Advance Guardian Heroes($19)

Thanks for the confirmation. I went there this afternoon and got

Warioware twisted
and Kirby Canvas Curse

For 47.64

Thanks again Heffaji and Luckychunk. I do not live close to Meijer and I wanted to confirm before taking a drive out there. It is not super far but not worth going out there for nothing.

BTW is you are looking for Kirby they put out the copies when I picked mine up I think 3 copies. They do not have Goldeneye DS but I asked for both and they brought Kirby out of the back for me!

I found clearanced Tropico 2 for $5. It said 2 video game software titles, but I couldn't find nice prices on pc stuff. Plus, keeping games behind glass is....yes....I'll say it.....gay.

[quote name='flybrione']Thanks for the confirmation. I went there this afternoon and got

Warioware twisted
and Kirby Canvas Curse

For 47.64

Thanks again Heffaji and Luckychunk. I do not live close to Meijer and I wanted to confirm before taking a drive out there. It is not super far but not worth going out there for nothing.

BTW is you are looking for Kirby they put out the copies when I picked mine up I think 3 copies. They do not have Goldeneye DS but I asked for both and they brought Kirby out of the back for me![/QUOTE]

Thanks for doing so, because I just scored one of them! I went back for a double-dip and got Kirby and Fire Emblem:TSS.

Oh, and Batman is there now for all systems. Hurry! ends in 4 hours!

Anyone seen Metal Slug 3 at any Meijer's in the Chicagoland suburbs? I went to the Bloomingdale store hoping to find that and also pick up another game, but had no luck.

[quote name='neschamp']Anyone seen Metal Slug 3 at any Meijer's in the Chicagoland suburbs? I went to the Bloomingdale store hoping to find that and also pick up another game, but had no luck.[/QUOTE]

1. Bolingbrook
225 N Naperville Rd
Bolingbrook , IL 60490-1505
(630) 679-6500

2. Boughton Rd
755 E Boughton Rd
Bolingbrook , IL 60440
(630) 783-5300

Neither of those stores had it to my knowledge - and I even forced the cashier to open the windows and let me look at the secret stash to no avail.

bread's done
Back