Children of Mana

well, does it say it IS coming to the US? if not, then I wouldn't really count on it... I will just go play my secret of mana now :)

I didn't even know that a Secret of Mana sequel (not Legend of Mana...bleh) was actually being made. I can only hope it comes stateside and therefore is any good.

i just looked at some screen shots, IGN has a new batch of em, and i am very berry excited for this game, the legend of mana artwork is fine, but i want the secret of mana fighting, which we get, yay! (that sounded pretty lame)

I'm a huge Seiken Densetsu fan, so that SD4 and SD: Children of Mana announcement in the same day made me glee-gasm.

I will have to say that I am SO happy Brownie Brown is NOT the developing company. Magical Vacation sucked, and Sword of Mana was far too complex than it needed to be. If the phrase "unneccessary extras" ever needed an example, it was Sword of Mana.

Though I so do wish they'd take the art direction back to SD2 (Secret of Mana) or SD3... I can't much stand the style Legend of Mana set (as much as I love that game) and has been used since.

After the last few iterations (Legend and Sword of Mana) the announcement of the DS version had me unexcited...but I recently saw those screen shots, and they reminded me much more of Secret of Mana than those last few crapfiestas. I'll keep a close eye on this, in case it turns out to be decent...

[quote name='Blind the Thief']After the last few iterations (Legend and Sword of Mana) the announcement of the DS version had me unexcited...but I recently saw those screen shots, and they reminded me much more of Secret of Mana than those last few crapfiestas. I'll keep a close eye on this, in case it turns out to be decent...[/QUOTE]
This game single-handedly got my friend and I interested in the DS. Hence I will be picking up the Mario Kart bundle at the end of November with GR credit (if it comes there). From what it looks like, graphically its very similar to SoM and SD3, but it seems they've enhanced it somewhat (multiple weapons equipped, etc). The only thing we're still waiting on is the news that it's Wi-Fi enabled to allow 3-player co-op.

I really want to know why they haven't made more multiplayer RPGs. Secret of Mana was so popular. I loved it and everyone I got to play it with loved it.

[quote name='botticus']The only thing we're still waiting on is the news that it's Wi-Fi enabled to allow 3-player co-op.[/QUOTE]

Shhh...don't say it too early, you might scare it away...

[quote name='botticus']The only thing we're still waiting on is the news that it's Wi-Fi enabled to allow 3-player co-op.[/QUOTE]I'd be willing to buy it for $50 if it had that. I'd spend $150 on 3 of them and be happy.

That show is Arrested Development.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm afraid to get excited about this game; Sword of Mana pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

Brownie Brown developed Sword of Mana and has nothing to do with Children of Mana, thankfully.

3-player WiFi Co-Op would be friggin' awesome.

[quote name='Amano']FFA is loads of fun. I wish I still had it.

And what was so bad about Legend of Mana?[/QUOTE]

I played it a long time ago, but as far as I can remember...most things.

The two things I didn't like: the art style & the fact that you can't get your character to face up or down while in "battle stance".

Anyone else here play Secret of Mana 3-player? I thought it was complete chaos from menu management. That'd be an awesome 3-player game using the Connectivity or WiFi - no game flow issues.

That horrible playstation game is the only bad Mana game I've played. Best series ever. I loved the co-op on the SNES. Mana games I pretty much buy whenever I see them. So thats one of the series i'm a fan of.

Are you saying you liked Sword of Mana? You might just be the first person I've come across that does (then again, I've been steering clear of GameFAQs forums).

I didn't mind Sword of Mana. Very easy yes, but I still had fun playing it.

Hearing about Children of Mana was one of the last pushes that made me buy a DS. It just looks so good.

bread's done
Back