Chinese Characters not displaying

greenbags125

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I use iTunes to listen to all of my music. Since I am chinese, I have a bit of chinese music in my library. I can input chinese and it shows up as the right characters on my mini and 5G. However, I cannot get it to show up on iTunes, all I see are blocks. Is there any way to get iTunes to display the characters like my iPod does? Thanks a lot.

If you can read my signature, then you have Chinese characters installed. If not, then go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Language tab > check the box that says "Install Files for East Asian Languages." You'll need your Windows CD for this.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']If you can read my signature, then you have Chinese characters installed. If not, then go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Language tab > check the box that says "Install Files for East Asian Languages." You'll need your Windows CD for this.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I can read your sig. However, if Im surfing a chinese website with a chinese character "title"(What it says on the top, to the left of the minimize, restore, and close buttons), it comes up as blocks. However, I can read chinese text fine in IE. It doensn't show up in iTunes though.

[quote name='62t']wait how do you set it to chinese characters with a ipod nano?[/QUOTE]

Change the language? That's what I did on mine. I think its in the preference menu or close to it.

My iTune can display Chinese characters fine, and so is my Nano. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, they all just worked as they should. So I dunno what could be wrong w/ the OP's iTune. Perhaps reinstall it?

Did you guys change the artist/album/song names into Chinese as well? Because those are the ones that show up in iTune and iPod. If you right click on the song and go to Get Info in iTune (or Properties in Windows Explorer), you can edit the info so that they'll show up correctly in any MP3 player and programs.

bread's done
Back