Choose a strategy RPG for me

Amanda the Red Mage

CAGiversary!
I love strategy RPGs, but I don't play them often because they're so time-consuming. However, summer vacation just started, so it looks like I'll have time to play one. What should I play? I've already played FFT, FFTA, and Fire Emblem, and I'm going to start TO:TKOL soon, but other than those four, which one is the best? I have a PS2, Gamecube, and GBA SP.

I'm not far into Disgaea yet.. but so far it has been amazing. I assume La Pucelle is probably about as good, being as its the same developer.

Is the gameplay between the two basically identical? I've never had graphics anywhere near the top of my tactical rpg criteria list.

fire emblem for gamecube, i've see gameplay of the japanese version and it looks very very bomb(meaning good for all u squares) oh how many time i wished the battle scenes in Fire Emblem would be a zoom of the actually battle field and not some cut cg scene and see them actually make contact! well my prayers have been answered.

Umm... the GC Fire Emblem has just barely been announced. It certainly won't be out by this summer.

Obviously this topic is basically expired, but I just wanted to state that La Pucelle and Disgaea do not have the exact same types of gameplay. La Pucelle is somewhat more RPG-ish with more of a focus on character development and story, whereas Disgaea is hardcore strategy level-building item-collecting/improving mania. Also, La Pucelle is said to offer more in-battle options for useful strategy, whereas Disgaea is more about building the correct party and such to bring into the battle. Obviously, Disgaea probably has the edge for potential longevity, provided you enjoy it enough, as you can level up to 10000. That's not a typo. Four zeros, baby. I'm pretty sure La Pucelle does not have this available.

ITEM! It's not exactly a strategy-RPG, but if you haven't given Culdcept a try, I highly recommend you do so. It's fiendishly addictive.

Culdecept is a card battle game. I haven't played it, but people either love or hate it. Disgaea has already been re-released.

i haven't played any of them but disgaea has recieved many good reviews so maybe i would check that out above the other three titles

Front Mission 4 in 7 days. It's gonna rock the proverbial casbah. Front Mission 3 is also top-shelf. It's one of the few games with a legitimate 100 hours of game time.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

bread's done
Back